the JADE thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, SC is in hawaii too. Hmm...yes she has some grade B's ; those that i've seen she did not state they are grade A, but it's more the fact that she did not state they are B/C either. I can see how this can be misleading to buyers, e.g. if u browse a few that are grade A, and if u dont read the descriptions carefully, u may assume all are grade A, which isnt the case.

That said, i might have missed out those that are grade B/C but which she stated as A, so i cant tell for sure. And the blurry pics dont help.

So yeah, could be a bit iffy. I dont know if she is being deliberately misleading. It could be an honest mistake, or it may be she hopes buyers dont notice. Some buyers cannot tell between grade A and others.

If i can be honest, i am happy with the quality of the bangle i bought from her but i feel her customer service leaves (very) much to be desired. I dont think i will be buying from her again though.

That's good that you are happy with the quality from SC. According to Sophia, "this one doesn't have good photos to see details so I can't give common on it. However I looked through this seller's store and found some treated jade bangle described as untreated jade. You may verify with seller before purchase to make sure the one you are purchasing is untreated A grade."

I tried asking SC for more photos and general quality questions about her bangle, and no response. I had many back and forth emails with Sophia and she was also very responsive and took more photos for me.

I ended up buying this oval white bangle from Sophia. :smile:

She says this one has a slight tinge of lavender, and she also took photos of a round white with a slight tinge of green.

She says the oval's grain was 8.5 of 10 and better color but has some patches which brings the price down, and the round is more pure but the grain is 6.5 of 10.

AJ5247_www_desiretreasures_com_615e21075b55e06539ba_6.jpg

AJ5247_www_desiretreasures_com_615e21075b55e06539ba_19.jpg

AJ5247_www_desiretreasures_com_615e21075b55e06539ba_23.jpg

white oval 2.jpg

More photos: http://www.use.com/AJ5247_www_desiretreasures_com_615e21075b55e06539ba?p=1#photo=23

That's good that you are happy with the quality from SC. According to Sophia, "this one doesn't have good photos to see details so I can't give common on it. However I looked through this seller's store and found some treated jade bangle described as untreated jade. You may verify with seller before purchase to make sure the one you are purchasing is untreated A grade."

I tried asking SC for more photos and general quality questions about her bangle, and no response. I had many back and forth emails with Sophia and she was also very responsive and took more photos for me.

Can you pm the address you are using to communicate with DT? I tried messaging through her website but I have not heard back from her at all. Thank you!

As far as SC goes... there are couple of bangles I am curious about, but I should probably give it a rest.... it's like being full but there is still a few more bites of cake left. :biggrin:

Daisyshadow, wow, thanks for explaining that to me! It's very fascinating and I am going to google it and read more about it! I love the ethnic styles that you introduce on this thread! I am most grateful to you for that. I am fully planning on buying a pair of those beaded slippers for my birthday in June, but will need to ask you again for the site name as I cannot find the journal in which I wrote it down! Once again, my memory!

The necklace is beyond beautiful! It's both light and volumous. I love the way that it uses motion to show off the flashes of diamond which complement the flattened gold flashes of light. So romantic, not stiff, not overdone, but fully capturing the majesty of the woman wearing it. It will look great for a lifetime (not too small when your daughter matures). Looks very precious used in the service of beauty.

Belle Blue, thank you! I was and still am delighted that the YS bangles go to the jade sisters here. And Allan is a gem! I have seen that lavender bangle on his site, and am impressed with it too. It's 50% jadeite, where as jadeite jade needs 80% to be called fully jadeite, but it is such a unique hybrid stone which I've never seen before. The color is unforgettable! To me, it looks like a mix between jadeite and turquois, with the color of jadeite, though more intense and sun kissed, with the luster of fine turquois. I can almost feel the dry and hot land that it comes from. A very special and unforgettable piece. Again, rare.

Can you please link a photo of Alan's purple?

I ended up buying this oval white bangle from Sophia. :smile:

She says this one has a slight tinge of lavender, and she also took photos of a round white with a slight tinge of green.

She says the oval's grain was 8.5 of 10 and better color but has some patches which brings the price down, and the round is more pure but the grain is 6.5 of 10.

This is so pretty! I have rounds and princesses and Iroh is flat. I have pale lavender, whites and greens and red-yellow. I do not have an oval... maybe that's what I still need for my collection (to justify?):lol:

Hi Bernie,
What you said above is so true and it strikes a cord with me. I know that I will always want to own a real vivid dark green Jade bangle one day. But with the crazy Jade price increases, I reckon this nephrite Jade will be the closest I'll be to my dream bangle. In addition, I love the energy, how the black & yellow bits and the flash of snow mingles in with the green of the Jade. It's such a unique & special piece of jewelry artistry.

Oh yes. I realized from above post that you r waiting for the invoice. But when you made the deposit payment, it was based on a rough estimation of price from Allan? Did the quoted price include estimated shipping costs?

Congrats you girls!! I lovethe yukon snow for the stone itself (I have always been drawn to different stones in crystal/agate stores all my life), but I personally don''t wish to wear a green bangle.

Wear them in good health!!

Yah lah. My hubby once almost bought me a steam iron for my gift. Cos he remembered me saying that I wanted one as some of my dresses will be ironed better using steam rather then the usual press iron. Lol. I told him... Yes I want a steam iron. But no way it's gonna be a gift. And off I went to Chanel. Faintz. 😝😝

:lol::coolio::roflmfao:

This is so pretty! I have rounds and princesses and Iroh is flat. I have pale lavender, whites and greens and red-yellow. I do not have an oval... maybe that's what I still need for my collection (to justify?):lol:

Hahaha speaking like an addict! :P

Thanks JKP...I'm excited to receive it...hope it looks as nice or nicer in real life.

I will PM you her email.

Yes specifically California tax which is kind of high which sucks.

Mine does not have Californian tax as I'm residing in Singapore. So that is not applicable. However, there is another sales tax indicated. No worries. I've drop Allan an email just to clarify. ;)

Edit to add:
as clarified by Allan, this is indeed an Californian tax. Sadly it is applicable even for overseas buyers. No worries. I'm still excited for my YS. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Yah lah. My hubby once almost bought me a steam iron for my gift. Cos he remembered me saying that I wanted one as some of my dresses will be ironed better using steam rather then the usual press iron. Lol. I told him... Yes I want a steam iron. But no way it's gonna be a gift. And off I went to Chanel. Faintz. 😝😝

Lol...this is the reason why i always pick my own gifts. Reduces the "surprise/shock" factor

Hello everyone,

I just received my bangle back with its identification report! As promised, I have included the pictures below with some modeling shots.
This is the bangle that I bought from jojo, $750 USD, lowered down from $920USD.

Congrats on getting your bangle & EGL report back. Your bangle is a very nice even translucent green. Looks lovely. Now that the report has confirmed its grade A jadeite, you can relax and fully enjoy the bangle now. Have fun with your new bangle. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.