Issues with brand new Cabas Phantom leather

I just purchased a Cabas Phantom in Paris on saturday and when I was going to use it for the first time on sunday I noticed a small scratch in the leather and a few small white "dots" in the leather on the bag. I find it strange to spend this much money on a bag and it comes with scratches from the store? (the other Céline bag I have is in smooth lamb skin so it easily scratches, but I have never experienced any white marks)

Have anyone experienced any of the same? I am not sure wether I should try to exchange the bag when I get back to Paris in a couple of weeks.

I highly appreciate any answers:smile:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 400
  • image-2.jpg
    image-2.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 408
  • image-6.jpg
    image-6.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 403
  • image-5.jpg
    image-5.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 405
I would contact the boutique now, let them know what's happening with your bag, then try to exchange in a few weeks. You should contact them now though because of the return policy, I'm not sure how much time you have before you cannot return or exchange your bag. Perhaps if you contact them and let them know of your problem, they could extend the policy until you can get back to Paris or something of that sort.

I wouldn't accept any bag from Céline that's less than perfect, especially because, like you said, you should get a perfect, pristine, gorgeous handbag for the price you paid. Please keep us updated.

I would contact the boutique now, let them know what's happening with your bag, then try to exchange in a few weeks. You should contact them now though because of the return policy, I'm not sure how much time you have before you cannot return or exchange your bag. Perhaps if you contact them and let them know of your problem, they could extend the policy until you can get back to Paris or something of that sort.

I wouldn't accept any bag from Céline that's less than perfect, especially because, like you said, you should get a perfect, pristine, gorgeous handbag for the price you paid. Please keep us updated.
thank you so much for your answer smashinstyle. I am going to try to get in touch with the boutique now and hopefully resolve it with them.