Alma BB

Lilylovelv

Mar 13, 2012
Hi Lovelies! Yes I'm back again with the comfort issue...
I asked for advice Mothers Day 2013 regarding the Artsy and thankfully to all the great advice here on TPF I kept my baby and I'm totally in love! Now hubby just got me the Alma BB for Valentines Day and if I had to stare at her all day I'd be just fine. However I haven't worn her out yet but I like to wear my bags around the house just to feel them out before taking them out into the world. The thin strap is pulling into my shoulder and I don't know if I can get used to the bag bouncing off my hip...I'm not even sure where I'm comfortable with it. In front, side, back??? I'm so in love with the Alma but I am just hoping I just need to get used to the cross body style (which this is my first). Any advice??? TIA

Dont tell me this !!! LOL ! I am about to order the Alma bb in vernis myself!! I did have a Epi alma bb that i returned. I did not like how it sat cross body. I kind of figured since i love this bag in Vernis more i would give it another shot. I honestly do not plan to use the strap much for this reason. I plan on using it handheld for dinners out . But thats about it . I know probably no help but this is how i felt. :smile: Good luck. I know its a gorgeous bag just not very practical. I use my bloomsbury as my cross body bag and shes great.

Dont tell me this !!! LOL ! I am about to order the Alma bb in vernis myself!! I did have a Epi alma bb that i returned. I did not like how it sat cross body. I kind of figured since i love this bag in Vernis more i would give it another shot. I honestly do not plan to use the strap much for this reason. I plan on using it handheld for dinners out . But thats about it . I know probably no help but this is how i felt. :smile: Good luck. I know its a gorgeous bag just not very practical. I use my bloomsbury as my cross body bag and shes great.

Thanks! I imagine the Bloomsbury is a great cross body because the shoulder strap is wider and it sits flat. I had a Coach cross body which my daughter has now and because it was basically like the Bloomsbury it was comfortable. I just don't know what to do?!?!

I mainly use my Alma bb handheld or carried on my shoulder. I agree that it looks a bit strange on me when worn crossbody but I've seen great mod pics on TPF with OP wearing it crossbody on the front.

The bag is small, so never too heavy to carry that's why I rarely use the crossbody option :smile:

Hi Lilylovely,
Congrats on your Alma BB it is a lovely bag. I also find it hard getting used to carrying my Neo cross body and that has a big strap so I mostly carry her on my side. I clamp my arm down if it bounces too much. Maybe you could wind around a pretty scarf at the point the strap sits on your shoulder for a bit of padding.😊sorry I couldn't help more lol

I mainly use my Alma bb handheld or carried on my shoulder. I agree that it looks a bit strange on me when worn crossbody but I've seen great mod pics on TPF with OP wearing it crossbody on the front.

The bag is small, so never too heavy to carry that's why I rarely use the crossbody option :smile:

I do find it more comfy on the shoulder. Thanks!

I had the same issue! At first I wouldn't use the strap because it's too long and falls under my hip, but I've grown used to it. I attached a photo of me doubling the strap to fall under my shoulders. I use her more like this now.. Hope this helps u! ImageUploadedByPurseForum1392764914.281991.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1392764942.897257.jpg

Hi Lilylovely,
Congrats on your Alma BB it is a lovely bag. I also find it hard getting used to carrying my Neo cross body and that has a big strap so I mostly carry her on my side. I clamp my arm down if it bounces too much. Maybe you could wind around a pretty scarf at the point the strap sits on your shoulder for a bit of padding.😊sorry I couldn't help more lol

Thank you so much, I do love her! And thank you for responding...all advice is welcome and very helpful as I would love to make it work out with keeping it.☺️

Thanks! I imagine the Bloomsbury is a great cross body because the shoulder strap is wider and it sits flat. I had a Coach cross body which my daughter has now and because it was basically like the Bloomsbury it was comfortable. I just don't know what to do?!?!
If you decide to return , do you have another bag in mind? Yes bloomsbury has a thicker strap. Thats why I think its more comfortable to wear as a cross body than the Alma bb. You can keep trying it around your house but honest, if it is not comfortable dont keep it. You will regret down the road. Thats why I never stray into LV leather bags . They are beautiful but way to heavy for me and I know I will never get use to that feeling.

If you decide to return , do you have another bag in mind? Yes bloomsbury has a thicker strap. Thats why I think its more comfortable to wear as a cross body than the Alma bb. You can keep trying it around your house but honest, if it is not comfortable dont keep it. You will regret down the road. Thats why I never stray into LV leather bags . They are beautiful but way to heavy for me and I know I will never get use to that feeling.

I really didn't. I've been drooling over this bag for the longest time. Next on my wish list is the Lumi...I don't know if you saw my last post but it's not coming up on the LV site so I really don't know...I'm also thinking maybe the Petite Noe but I haven't even researched that one yet. And I agree, I had the Speedy 30 and only kept it for a year and a half because I really needed a shoulder strap option and I got mine that December before the Speedy B was released. Well I sold it and of course lost a good amount off the cost of the bag and it was pretty much brand new.

Hi Lovelies! Yes I'm back again with the comfort issue...
I asked for advice Mothers Day 2013 regarding the Artsy and thankfully to all the great advice here on TPF I kept my baby and I'm totally in love! Now hubby just got me the Alma BB for Valentines Day and if I had to stare at her all day I'd be just fine. However I haven't worn her out yet but I like to wear my bags around the house just to feel them out before taking them out into the world. The thin strap is pulling into my shoulder and I don't know if I can get used to the bag bouncing off my hip...I'm not even sure where I'm comfortable with it. In front, side, back??? I'm so in love with the Alma but I am just hoping I just need to get used to the cross body style (which this is my first). Any advice??? TIA
Oh no ! You are having second thoughts? Its ok I have done this with the Evora. I bought it last year. Loved it , could not wait to get it right? .... brought her home, carried her around the house for a few hours. The next day returned her for the nf , never looked back. I think as long as you did not take her out of your house you can still return / exchange. I know that strap is stiff. I dont care for it much. I like the Alma handheld best. Good luck deciding :smile:

I really didn't. I've been drooling over this bag for the longest time. Next on my wish list is the Lumi...I don't know if you saw my last post but it's not coming up on the LV site so I really don't know...I'm also thinking maybe the Petite Noe but I haven't even researched that one yet. And I agree, I had the Speedy 30 and only kept it for a year and a half because I really needed a shoulder strap option and I got mine that December before the Speedy B was released. Well I sold it and of course lost a good amount off the cost of the bag and it was pretty much brand new.

Ok i see now!! Yes, i think its still available. Maybe get that instead of the Alma bb. I know the Alma bb is not very practical for sure. Yeah you will loose money if you sell her new with fees etc. But if you did not use you bb out of your home you can still do a return if you are in the time frame.?

Oh no ! You are having second thoughts? Its ok I have done this with the Evora. I bought it last year. Loved it , could not wait to get it right? .... brought her home, carried her around the house for a few hours. The next day returned her for the nf , never looked back. I think as long as you did not take her out of your house you can still return / exchange. I know that strap is stiff. I dont care for it much. I like the Alma handheld best. Good luck deciding :smile:

Yes sweetie...I'm just not sure what to do. I guess trying it with items in it makes a difference. And it's not that it's heavy because it's not. I usually carry shoulder strap and it's just awkward and I can't find my comfort zone. I don't know that I'm giving up just yet because I'm so in love, lol! You should be getting yours tomorrow right?