Crossbody strap on Nikki?

wineluvr

Jan 16, 2014
I love my Nikkis to death but when it's winter and I'm wearing a heavy jacket, I really wish it came with a crossbody strap! Has anyone managed to put a crossbody strap on their Nikki?

Oops - mine is a different shape - just looked it up and I have the mini shopper pictured on the left. As you can see it's pretty similar in size to the Nikki.

draft_lens20957141module167195225photo_1369331432a----a_.png

Last edited:
The Rikki is a great style. I wish they would make those again. I agree with Kasey that the regular size Nikki would be too big for me to use with a shoulder strap. A mini might be OK, though.

I did consider getting a Rikki (or two haha) but I'd rather just find a way to repurpose my Nikkis rather than buying more bags.

(I can't believe I just said that)

The biggest problem I see with just buying a strap to attach to my Nikki is to find one the right color. Would a MAB strap work? I dont have any MAB/MAMs so I can't really tell.

the style in your description is exactly a Rikki
http://www.shopbop.com/mini-rikki-bag-rebecca-minkoff/vp/v=1/845524441861897.htm

i have not tried to hook a shoulder strap to my Nikki. maybe i will try it this weekend ;)

Oh please please try it this weekend and let us know!! :biggrin:

Last edited:
i imagine the reg size Nikki is not suitable as a crossbody cuz it's just too big :sweatdrop:

I agree it's a little on the big side (bigger than a Balenciaga Velo for sure) but it's so slouchy that I feel like it works. At least it seems like it would work when I hold it up against my hip. I'm 5'9" though... might look a bit overwhelming on someone smaller