Celine V. Louis Vuitton

Stacy31

O.G.
Sep 27, 2008
Hello everyone!! I am new to the Celine forum, hopping over here mainly from the LV forum. I was hoping to hear some of your opinions regarding how the leather quality compares? I also have a few hermes pieces in clemence and negonda leather. Would you say Celine pebbled leather is comparable to LV Sofia Coppola/mahina leathers or Hermes negonda leather? Thanks in advance. I just ordered my first phantom today sight unseen and I would really, really appreciate feedback from those of you familiar with both brands. TIA!!

Hi Stacy!!! Welcome to Céline! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Which phantom did you order? So curious to know. I've been very impressed with Céline's leathers. However I wouldn't say the regular Celine pebbled leather is similar to the SC's leather. My mini luggage is black pebbled and isn't nearly as hearty as the SC leather. Also it is lined in microfiber, not suede as the SC is. But as far as the other leathers/linings go for comparison, perhaps other members can step in. Celine does have a variety of leathers/linings that differ from model to model. I'm just so happy you're getting a Celine! :biggrin: Can't wait to see pics.

Hi Stacy!!! Welcome to Céline! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Which phantom did you order? So curious to know. I've been very impressed with Céline's leathers. However I wouldn't say the regular Celine pebbled leather is similar to the SC's leather. My mini luggage is black pebbled and isn't nearly as hearty as the SC leather. Also it is lined in microfiber, not suede as the SC is. But as far as the other leathers/linings go for comparison, perhaps other members can step in. Celine does have a variety of leathers/linings that differ from model to model. I'm just so happy you're getting a Celine! :biggrin: Can't wait to see pics.

Hi ssv003!! So nice to see a familiar avatar:smile: I actually ordered it from AFF, but it is listed as new~it's the slate blue color. I love the style of the phantom because it's so unique!! I just wasn't sure about the leather quality compared to the other brands. Do you find yourself reaching for the phantom or SC more often? I thought about getting one more SC before the dreaded price increase, but I just didn't think it was necessary to have four of the same bag~the cherry was tempting me, though!! Thanks so much for the welcome!!!!

Hi ssv003!! So nice to see a familiar avatar:smile: I actually ordered it from AFF, but it is listed as new~it's the slate blue color. I love the style of the phantom because it's so unique!! I just wasn't sure about the leather quality compared to the other brands. Do you find yourself reaching for the phantom or SC more often? I thought about getting one more SC before the dreaded price increase, but I just didn't think it was necessary to have four of the same bag~the cherry was tempting me, though!! Thanks so much for the welcome!!!!

I find myself reaching for my phantoms more often than my SC, honestly! I hear you about not wanting four of one bag, but I have four phantoms in different colors/styles, so I'm guilty, too. Haha! ;) I'm actually debating getting another SC as well (I just posted in the SC Club thread, lol). I honestly think you'll love the phantom. It's a wonderful bag and is so chic and practical. I find the quality to be great as well.

I find myself reaching for my phantoms more often than my SC, honestly! I hear you about not wanting four of one bag, but I have four phantoms in different colors/styles, so I'm guilty, too. Haha! ;) I'm actually debating getting another SC as well (I just posted in the SC Club thread, lol). I honestly think you'll love the phantom. It's a wonderful bag and is so chic and practical. I find the quality to be great as well.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!! That's exactly what I needed to hear!! You have four phantoms??? Wow~it must be as fabulous as it looks!! Now I am really excited for it to arrive~I am going to hop over to the LV forum next:smile: