Case closed but money still being held!

honeybunch

O.G.
Jan 22, 2007
A buyer opened a case against me through ebay Germany. She closed it because we resolved the issue. However, my money is still being held by paypal while ebay reviews the case even though the case is closed! The buyer closed the case 11 days ago. I've phoned both ebay and paypal seriously like 10 times and they keep fobbing me off and no one has an answer, they just keep saying the other has to deal with it. I keep getting promised someone will get back to me and that they're working on the issue but they don't get back to me at all. Can anyone offer advice? I'm getting really stressed out and frustrated by it all.

Call & speak with a supervisor..& keep calling back til you get one

Are you sure the case is closed ??, if so your funds should be released..
Hi, yes, definitely closed. When I've spoken to ebay they can see that the case is closed but from pay pal's point of view they can't see it's been closed. I just don't understand it at all. I guess I will just have to do as you suggest and keep calling to speak to a supervisor. I don't know if I should be calling paypal or ebay though.

I had this happen to me. It's an IT issue. Ebay closed the case but it didn't trigger the release on PP's side. Keep calling until you get a supervisor. In my case someone from Ebay had to contact PP and they had to manually release the funds. It might take a while but just keep demanding to speak to someone else.

I had this happen to me. It's an IT issue. Ebay closed the case but it didn't trigger the release on PP's side. Keep calling until you get a supervisor. In my case someone from Ebay had to contact PP and they had to manually release the funds. It might take a while but just keep demanding to speak to someone else.

Thanks for the advice. I will try this. Did they do it while you waited or did they have to get back to you? Also, did you call Paypal or ebay?

Thanks for the advice. I will try this. Did they do it while you waited or did they have to get back to you? Also, did you call Paypal or ebay?
I went through ebay since they were the ones who had to tell Paypal the case was closed. It took a few days. I had to work my way up until I got a supervisor who would listen and then he had to work on his end to fix the issue.

So I called ebay again today and asked about three times to speak to a supervisor but was basically ignored. I got the same old spiel. They finally put me through to the resolution centre and was told that the it showed there was still a hold on my money even though the case was closed on 28th January. They said they were going to sort it all out but it would take 3-5 days. I still feel like I'm being fobbed off. It's so frustrating.

So I called ebay again today and asked about three times to speak to a supervisor but was basically ignored. I got the same old spiel. They finally put me through to the resolution centre and was told that the it showed there was still a hold on my money even though the case was closed on 28th January. They said they were going to sort it all out but it would take 3-5 days. I still feel like I'm being fobbed off. It's so frustrating.

Call again & be assertive that your funds need to be released.. NOW

Enough time has come & gone....

Call again & be assertive that your funds need to be released.. NOW

Enough time has come & gone....

I'm not sure if it's something that can be done instantly. The woman I spoke to seemed insistent that it takes 3-5 days to action it and for it all to go through but I can't help wondering if it's just another move to get me off the phone so they don't have to deal with it. I think I will wait till next Friday and if the money isn't released I will phone back and not get off the phone until it's in my account.

I'm not sure if it's something that can be done instantly. The woman I spoke to seemed insistent that it takes 3-5 days to action it and for it all to go through but I can't help wondering if it's just another move to get me off the phone so they don't have to deal with it. I think I will wait till next Friday and if the money isn't released I will phone back and not get off the phone until it's in my account.

The case was closed well over a week ago.. It should not take that
long to get back the funds into your account..

Just be patient... you don't have much of an alternative..sorry to say