Puffy eyes in the morning?

ncch

O.G.
Feb 18, 2012
Not sure if this goes in health or beauty but just posting here...

Does anyone else get puffy eyes (eyelids, not under the eyes) in the morning? I've been noticing a slight puffiness when I wake up but moreso recently. If I go work out in the morning it goes away but I rarely have time go work out in the morning and I prefer working out in the evening. I've read that not getting enough sleep may contribute but I usually get 6-7 hours which I feel is not too bad. I've tried sleeping with a higher pillow but it's very uncomfortable. I don't eat a lot of salty food and no health issues.

Other people have said that they cant really notice but for me, It's getting kind of embarrassing to see people before noon bc I feel like my eyes are puffy and my eye makeup doesn't look good either!

So what works for you? Cucumbers? Ice packs?

When that happened to me, it was a skin allergy to the detergent that was used to wash the pillowcase. My eyelids swelled up and were itchy. It was very bad - I had to go to the dermatologist and get medicine, which was also bad, because overuse of the medicine can cause cataracts.

I switched to a hypoallergenic laundry detergent and I found an eye cream that protected and hydrated my skin. Also drank a lot more water.

When I travel, I bring my own pillowcase now.

Also, dermatologist recommended cool compresses, like a cool, wet washcloth.

When that happened to me, it was a skin allergy to the detergent that was used to wash the pillowcase. My eyelids swelled up and were itchy. It was very bad - I had to go to the dermatologist and get medicine, which was also bad, because overuse of the medicine can cause cataracts.

I switched to a hypoallergenic laundry detergent and I found an eye cream that protected and hydrated my skin. Also drank a lot more water.

When I travel, I bring my own pillowcase now.

Also, dermatologist recommended cool compresses, like a cool, wet washcloth.

Wow sorry to hear about your allergies! Was it something new you tried? May I ask what detergent caused the reaction? My friend had a skin reaction recently and we thought it had something to do with her detergent too.

I guess I will have to do cold compresses in the morning.

I'm not sure where you are in the world, but I've noticed if I sleep with the heater on too high my face gets puffy. In drier climates, I use a humidifier all throughout the night to help with puffiness too. Humidifiers make a big difference! In my experience if it's nothing you ate, and it's not an allergic reaction, it's because of the climate.

Wow sorry to hear about your allergies! Was it something new you tried? May I ask what detergent caused the reaction? My friend had a skin reaction recently and we thought it had something to do with her detergent too.

I guess I will have to do cold compresses in the morning.

I have skin allergies to just about anything with fragrance. The big breakout was when I was staying with my sister who apparently used a laundry detergent with a lot of fragrance to wash the bedding.

I use hypoallergenic laundry detergent (no fabric softener or dryer sheets) and fragrance free skin care products now, especially near my eyes. I can get away with fragrance in body wash, shampoo & conditioner as long as I rinse thoroughly. I can handle a tiny amount of fragrance in face creams as long as I apply them on top of a hypoallergenic layer like clinique moisture surge or pur soak it up, and as long as I keep it away from the skin around my eyes.

I have been amazed how effective dermal md puffy eye treatment serum has worked. A couple drops of this will fade away puffiness under your eyes and reduce wrinkles on the sides of your eyes. Overall it will make your eyes look refreshed instantly.