I Believe I Have Lost My Mind, My First Coach Purchase(s)

Whovian

Allons-y!
Jan 8, 2014
Soo...within the last few months I finished paying off almost $10,000 in debt and had a huge end year bonus. I wanted to splurge on something I would never dream of having, a nice, higher end handbag. My mom and sister always carried Coach and they always gravitated toward the signature bags with the C's all over. For the longest time I thought that is what Coach was. Then I saw that Coach was finally getting along with my taste: soft leather, minimal branding, clean lines...yes please!!! I did a ton of research and found the exact bag I wanted: the legacy studded duffle in archival saddle. Then, I realized I waited too long and had to brave the vast wasteland of eBay and with the help of a friend, found one at a good price. I was scared of it. I did not open the box for a week, then opened it and would not touch the bag for 2 weeks. I finally stared using it and my friend realized I was using a little boy's Superman wallet I bought 13 years ago. She said we were going to the outlet to get a wallet.
I almost left.
The first SA was very pushy and tried to get me to buy all sorts of glossy, glittery things that I wanted no part of.
I almost cried.
Luckily, one of the other SAs saw my distress and came to my rescue. She admired my bag and asked what style I was looking for. She smiled and said she had just what I needed and came from the back with the Legacy wallet in Cognac. It was perfect. I got that and the legacy wristlet in Deep Port.
So here they are:

DSC04309.jpg
DSC04320.jpg

Thank you for indulging in my little tale. I love this bag to death and smile everytime I see it and make excuses to go places so I can take it:biggrin: And to add to the madness...I got my first PCE in the mail today.

Loooove that duffle!!! Gorgeous color!!

LOL @ little boy's Superman wallet!!! Love your replacements!!!
Lol! It was the best wallet I ever had (to this point) and I bought it on clearance at the Warner Bros. store when they were still around. When I transferred everything over it literally fell apart at the seams and I was left with a pile of random pieces of fabric.

Beautiful choices! The colors are so rich and warm. I am soooo wanting a bag in a cognac/chestnut color and then another one in mahogany!

Enjoy all your Coach lovelies, sounds like you sure deserve it. ;)

Gorgeous choices!! Hang around awhile and you'll see that Coach has been soft leather, clean lines, and minimal branding for many, many years before they were ever into signatures.

I also want to say, CONGRATULATIONS! for paying off debt!! That deserves kudos, not an easy thing to do.

First off, congrats on clearing that 10k debt--that's alot of discipline! I absolutely LOVE your choices!!! Duffles are the greatest, aren't they? That is a beautiful style, I can't begin to tell you how much I love it! Welcome to tPF! Thanks for posting; thanks for the pics too!