Qn on jade bangle

Status
Not open for further replies.
NYCprincess, I really hope this situation resolves soon. That's so scary! I would be freaking out. Glad your husband is setting up cameras.

I bought these two vintage bangles from Aloha Memorabilia on Etsy. They are very curt, but have lovely, vintage pieces and the prices are to die for! You might want to check them out!

Actually, I haven't purchased the one with the gold band yet. I've asked them to hold it last night and haven't heard back from them yet.

Last edited:
Dynasty, Maybe it's best to just say that you know people that bought from them. That might carry more importance. I actually don't know jeff well....it's been a long time since I last bought and it was through someone else, Jack. ( Don't know if they are the same person or not.)

Hey, maybe you can say that you are extremely convinced that 888 is a lucky number and that's what you are willing to pay, right now. Also, you can ask for extra pictures. Sometimes people have complained that the colors are different in life. This was not the case in my experience, but jade can be hard to photograph, and sometimes their photos look old or over exposed or something. It doesn't help when they describe a green bangle that looks a like it's a different color range completely, lol! Just to be on the safe side. It's a very different experience buying from them then from smaller sellers because of the size of the company. Things like, not being sure of the inventory, updating pictures and the website etc, slower to respond.

One thing is sure, that I've never seen a similar bangle. It's one of a kind. For those of you who are around more jade, have you seen this confetti kind often or at all?
I tell Jeff if I have couple good friend recommended jojo to me so hopefully it help. I did ask about stone vein etc but didn't ask for more picture.
I never see like this kind of jade before from any other sellers, is very different and pretty

Dynasty, I think you could go up to 58.5 looking at the way Peaches fits you. I know there is a belief that jade bangles should be snug, but slightly looser ones are nice too. They come off easily, and are great for stacking. Just my 2 cents.

Regarding some of the vintage banded jades, I was thinking it might be a good idea to buy them and fix them up nicely by having them re polished and designing very nice, modern hinges. One could even put in diamonds, or colored stones... The jades are sometimes types that I haven't seen any more. And I've heard from others that jade masters recommend investing in older jades because of the quality. I don't know if that's true or not, the old mine thing again.

Regarding jade absorbing the spirit of previous owners and having unique energies, I truly believe this. I've heard of salt purifying ceremonies for gemstones....and there is always the possibility of re selling if the spirit is really incompatible.

I checked with UJ and she said this bangle does not come with cert. If I want cert, she can get NGI cert done at additional costs of $70. When I brought the color polish bangle to NGI the last time round, the teacher there mentioned he will not issue cert unless the seller removes the color polish from the bangle first. I also dunno how the seller can remove the color polish. Maybe re-grind and re-polish? Anyway, most likely I'll be getting this bangle, but will request to hv NGI cert. Don't mind paying for peace of mind. :smile:

I agree. For more expensive ones better to get it certified : )

Dynasty, I think you could go up to 58.5 looking at the way Peaches fits you. I know there is a belief that jade bangles should be snug, but slightly looser ones are nice too. They come off easily, and are great for stacking. Just my 2 cents.
I think like that too, they have one more size 57mm but the color look more brown so I think 58.5mm should be ok like you said is good for stacking also this is can be my only change to get this kind of jade but who knows they will have more stock coming

Status
Not open for further replies.