Qn on jade bangle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah bernie. My kids said my white hair is ugly :sad: i am adverse to chemicals.

Maybe u can go to hair salon .. to cover up the random white .. I remember a friend tried henna once , she wanted to diy at home but it came out patchy =( ... Aye it cannot be that many , i didnt spot any when u modelled the LH lavender studs . Don't fret too much

If you prevention is an option to u -- My dad is a herbal nut :P, he swears by taking black sesame seeds ( sometimes in desserts etc ) to prevent white hair , and to be honest he already 70 and has minimal white hair .. There's this shampoo called royal wind with herbal ingredients like he shou wu that seems to make hair very black .

I have digressed too much but we must keep white hair at bay , to enjoy jadeite at ease ... haha another lame slogan courtesy of berniechocholate :biggrin:

Try 888 or 988 hahha :P

anyways for items they gave discount on , it's very likely they may not entertain returns so do ask for a good description , any stonelines , flawlines etc .. or even a few more pictures if they can accomodate u with that .. Is this your first time buying from jojo ?
Hahaha...888 and 988 would be good for me and lucky number for them, I did ask about stone vein etc, still wait for email from them.
Yes this is my first time buying from jojo

This one is 56.5mm
What you all think, 58.5 will be to big?

golly peaches ! :smile: doing a double take everytime i see this .

Is peaches very fitted ... if she's the smallest u can wear then 58.5 isnt too bad . Do remeber for the bigger bangles , thicker in width especially if u wear it too loose , it will bang and spin around .. Not a good idea to subject it to knocks ..

Thanks guys for your well wishes.

We live in a doorman attended large apartment building but have a suspicion that it might be someone who works for the building.

My husband set up cameras last night and I'm leaving work early to chg the locks today (no copy kind). But building policy is we have to give a new set to building. Supposed to be a well guarded safe building. I don't know.

QUOTE=*NYC Princess*;26143924]Nice pick!! Which etsy seller is it from?

I don't mean to cast a negative tone but I remember some ladies were previously talking about preowned jade possibly holding onto negative energy from a previous owner. Strange for me to be superstitious being American born, but curious about your ladies' thoughts on it.

Sorry don't mean to put a wind in your sail, clairejune. I think I am just feeling unsettled myself because my husband and I think someone may be entering our apt...things (nothing of value) have disappeared or strange things happened (tub turned on when came home etc). Looking into security measures.[/QUOTE]

Yikes!! Sounds so scary. Did you see the YouTube video where a guy in the US installed a home camera cos he found things missing or were used whilst he & his girlfriend were not home or asleep. Turns out the camera caught a homeless woman entering their apt thru a window in the kitchen. It's so scary & unsettling when such things happen. Meanwhile, have you checked the locks on your windows & doors? Especially those in the basement?

Hi I bought a few pendants before from rosegem and they came with Chinese cents that can be verified online. Only one of the pendant I brought it to gemologist for a verbal consultation and it's. Grade A . Didn't bothered with the rest because they didn't cost too much.think the items should be grade A and they have refund policy .

Thanks for the well wishes... *shudders* The part about someone coming into your apartment sounds scary ... Change the lock dear? Do u attribute that to something supernatural or ?

Either way be careful , dear!

It will look good . I thought the carved florals were really pretty . Yes a few times I picked things to asked only to find out jojo sold them ... And my bangle size is really small so is the selection for smaller size bangles on jojo...

Lavender looks more vivid in shopping Ctr spot light .. It can go paler or slightly more vivid like this ... Anyway lavender is a very photogenic color ... So am I my dear lol... Pictures hides things like a lack of height and being vertically challenged!

Anyways have u return uj bangles ... Are u tempted by new things ?Hope u are not neglectly blotchy now that u have a new lavender :smile:

Petals12 hi thanks for your kind wishes. I have decide to get the Yukon after seeing how amazingly gorgeous it is on u and clairejune... Hopefully mine turns out beautiful like those who bought from Allan too. :smile:

Thanks bernie! I have v few strands but they are at the hair line. N my kids have been commenting. Gggrrrr...

Dynasty, u're so hilarious about the natural beauty part. Lol! I think bernie's $888 is a great idea since it's cny now! Give it a go if u dun mind the 2 mm difference.

CCTV would be a great idea ...

I had inserted one at the peep hole at my door so I can know who's coming up to my door from inside of my house via the cctv ... Used to have a perverted neighbour who enjoy following my helper around whn she walks the the dogs . And do strange things to make our dogs bark...

How about a eletrical lock system where only your husband and you knows the code ?

Thanks guys for your well wishes.

We live in a doorman attended large apartment building but have a suspicion that it might be someone who works for the building.

My husband set up cameras last night and I'm leaving work early to chg the locks today (no copy kind). But building policy is we have to give a new set to building. Supposed to be a well guarded safe building. I don't know.

QUOTE=*NYC Princess*;26143924]Nice pick!! Which etsy seller is it from?

I don't mean to cast a negative tone but I remember some ladies were previously talking about preowned jade possibly holding onto negative energy from a previous owner. Strange for me to be superstitious being American born, but curious about your ladies' thoughts on it.

Sorry don't mean to put a wind in your sail, clairejune. I think I am just feeling unsettled myself because my husband and I think someone may be entering our apt...things (nothing of value) have disappeared or strange things happened (tub turned on when came home etc). Looking into security measures.
[/QUOTE]

golly peaches ! :smile: doing a double take everytime i see this .

Is peaches very fitted ... if she's the smallest u can wear then 58.5 isnt too bad . Do remeber for the bigger bangles , thicker in width especially if u wear it too loose , it will bang and spin around .. Not a good idea to subject it to knocks ..
Thanks Bernie, Peaches look more prettier everyday ;) I never try smaller than 56.5mm. The first red one was 55.5mm

Dynasty, Maybe it's best to just say that you know people that bought from them. That might carry more importance. I actually don't know jeff well....it's been a long time since I last bought and it was through someone else, Jack. ( Don't know if they are the same person or not.)

Hey, maybe you can say that you are extremely convinced that 888 is a lucky number and that's what you are willing to pay, right now. Also, you can ask for extra pictures. Sometimes people have complained that the colors are different in life. This was not the case in my experience, but jade can be hard to photograph, and sometimes their photos look old or over exposed or something. It doesn't help when they describe a green bangle that looks a like it's a different color range completely, lol! Just to be on the safe side. It's a very different experience buying from them then from smaller sellers because of the size of the company. Things like, not being sure of the inventory, updating pictures and the website etc, slower to respond.

One thing is sure, that I've never seen a similar bangle. It's one of a kind. For those of you who are around more jade, have you seen this confetti kind often or at all?

Thanks bernie! I have v few strands but they are at the hair line. N my kids have been commenting. Gggrrrr...

Dynasty, u're so hilarious about the natural beauty part. Lol! I think bernie's $888 is a great idea since it's cny now! Give it a go if u dun mind the 2 mm difference.
Lol...that was my husbands tell me every time I want to color my hair :lol:
I just sent the email, ask for 888USD

Last edited:
Daisyshadow, I used to do henna, but it's been so long that I can't recommend a brand. It will coat your hair and make it extra thick! If you leave it on for an extra long time, it really can get glossy. Also, it helps to put the plastic shower cap on and use a blow drier over it for extra heat. This helps the henna soak in. Wow, good luck! BTW, I think salt and pepper hair is really pretty! After all, we will have earned all of these wrinkles and greys!

Daisyshadow thanks ! How much is the sapphire in the range of ? I usually stick to diamonds since there are so many treated colour stones in the market but i really love your sapphire !! It's beautiful and untreated is very rare and $$$

Some random pictures over the past few days... I think it's my turn to to get sick .. one sore eye this morning arggghs !!

earstuds_zpsd3cba645.jpg

I gave mother in law some jadeite donut earstuds over cny for her wedding anniversary . The donuts were purchased from HK during Xmas .. diamonds were 10 pointers from small items of rings and pendants I longer wear ... so I had the diamonds removed and set this into 18 WG studs for the mil . I thought it looks pretty neat :smile:

photo_zpsf79c9b58.jpg

First day of cny to MIL place . with the green in white ...

lavcny_zps1fa19bce.jpg

Finally shopping centres were opened last night ... lol with the lavender

sequin_zpsb0a93e03.jpg

kittycny_zpsd097d250.jpg

I turned 37 yesterday :smile: ... Although it's not very healthy , I would love to offer my feline friends - Silver mochi and orange mochi a virtual piece of cake :smile:

Beautiful modelling shots! R u a Hello Kitty fan? The cake is cute!!

Happy belated birthday!! :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.