Help!!!! Did I choose the wrong size speedy b?

spoiledka

Nov 12, 2013
Yesterday I did a reveal on a speedy b 30 in DE made in FRANCE!!!! While I love love love this purse I am now second guessing the size. I saw a classic speedy 35 in DE but it looked to big. The store I went to was out of the speedy b 35 in the de. I decided to go with the 30 because I thought the 35 would look to big as a shoulder bag. But now that I have the 30 here at home with my things in it I am second guessing if I made the right choice in size? I've included pictures of things I carry on a daily basis. A full size coach agenda measures 6x8 so it's big but I love it, a mini pochette, Emile wallet, TP 19, and a coach pencil pouch with pens pencils and markers. I also have another little bag with gum and other essentials not pictured. Everything fits and I still have a little room to throw in extra things if needed but I feel it would then be to stuffed. Should I just return her and get the 35? Any of you who have or have had a speedy what size do you prefer? Do you have a 30 and wish you would have gone for the 35 or have the 35 and wished you would have gotten a smaller size? Is a 35 good for everyday? I'm short about 5'1 but not skinny. I'm a size 12 so not sure how the 35 would look on my body frame? The 30 I feel looks small on me but my hubby says it's because I'm used to carrying big purses. He says the 30 looks fine on me. I really don't want to return my 30 because she is made in France. I know it's not a huge deal but I felt extremely happy when I saw that she was made in France as I know they are hard to come by. Regardless I plan to go back to LV in a few days and I will take a look at the speedy b 35 in person to compare but just wanted some input from you guys.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1391400752.490516.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1391400765.872850.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1391400786.839492.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1391400808.573042.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1391400821.389606.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1391400850.272916.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday I did a reveal on a speedy b 30 in DE made in FRANCE!!!! While I love love love this purse I am now second guessing the size. I saw a classic speedy 35 in DE but it looked to big. The store I went to was out of the speedy b 35 in the de. I decided to go with the 30 because I thought the 35 would look to big as a shoulder bag. But now that I have the 30 here at home with my things in it I am second guessing if I made the right choice in size? I've included pictures of things I carry on a daily basis. A full size coach agenda measures 6x8 so it's big but I love it, a mini pochette, Emile wallet, TP 19, and a coach pencil pouch with pens pencils and markers. I also have another little bag with gum and other essentials not pictured. Everything fits and I still have a little room to throw in extra things if needed but I feel it would then be to stuffed. Should I just return her and get the 35? Any of you who have or have had a speedy what size do you prefer? Do you have a 30 and wish you would have gone for the 35 or have the 35 and wished you would have gotten a smaller size? Is a 35 good for everyday? I'm short about 5'1 but not skinny. I'm a size 12 so not sure how the 35 would look on my body frame? The 30 I feel looks small on me but my hubby says it's because I'm used to carrying big purses. He says the 30 looks fine onme. I really don't want to return my 30 because she is made in France. I know it's not a huge deal but I felt extremely happy when I saw that she was made in France as I know they are hard to come by. Regardless I plan to go back to LV in a few days and I will take a look at the speedy b 35 in person to compare but just wanted some input from you guys.
View attachment 2488229View attachment 2488230View attachment 2488231View attachment 2488232View attachment 2488235View attachment 2488236

I bought my speedy b 30 de which is also MIF a couple of weeks ago and couldn't be happier. I find it to be the perfect size for me and I have a young daughter (I carry around an extra outfit for her at all times in my speedy b) plus I find that the bag would be way too heavy if I got the 35, not to mention I'm 5'2" and I did try on the 35 at the store and thought it looked like luggage. I think everything packed inside your speedy 30 looks good, but $1300 on a bag you're not happy with is not cool. I say go back and trade it for the 35 if that's that one you can't stop thinking about.

I don't think 35 is too big for what you have. It is very much roomy in the 35 than 30. For me the 35 it is too big so I got the 25 also. But looking at what you have, the Coach agenda should fit nicely in the 35.

I went to the boutique today to try on speedies. Im 5'10", size 14, and I thought the 35 was a bit big for everyday. I also have the tendency to fill my bags...if I have the room, I'll carry more. So I guess really it comes down to personal preference...I like both big and small bags, so no help there. If its a hand held, I would want to go smaller so I will carry less. If I have a shoulder option, I would probably not mind going bigger because I can take the weight off and go hands free. I say go try it on and ask the SA for something heavy like a book or a few wallets to give it some real weight. 5 cm gets real big real fast.

I prefer the 35 size myself because I tend to carry about the same amount of items as you. My 35 ended up being a MIF bag but I would have exchanged for MIU if it wasn't the right size for me. I know MIF is a personal preference for a lot of people but my Mono Speedy B MIU is just as gorgeous and well made. I have to be careful I don't get to caught up in the made in France thing and not evaluate the item as a whole. Regardless what you decide, congrats and enjoy :smile:

I bought the speedy 35 first and regretted should've gone with 30. I can never filled the 35 up and I don't carry a lot of stuffs ... It depends how much you carry in the bag. I sold my 35 to buy the 30 and I love the 30 it's perfect... If you think the 35 is best for you then go for it... :smile:

I would keep the 30. I think the 35 carried with the strap is to big for most people to pull off. And your stuff fits great into the 30. But it really boils down to personal preference. If you aren't happy exchange it.

My first Speedy was a 35, but I felt like that was too big so I exchanged mine for a 30 (I don't like much sag). However, my mom feels like my 30 is too small & her Speedy is a 35. Just as others have said, it's really a personal choice...but on the fact alone that you've second guessed yourself, might as well exchange it for the 35. I think you'll be happier!

I think you need the 35 as well. I just purchased the 35 in DE about 2 weeks ago. The SA was trying to talk me into the 30, she said it looked better. I agreed with her and at the very last minute I changed my mind and got the 35 and I'm sooo glad I did. No regrets....and mine is MIF😉

Thanks for all the input. I think since I didn't get the chance to actually try on a 35 I'm second guessing it. I will have to go back sometime this week to see it in person and try it on. The 30 really does fit all my needs but I think I won't be 100% sure until I at least try the 35. We shall see!

I have the DE Speedy B 35 and have actually decided I want that particular one in a 30 size instead. I think I have only carried it twice, maybe 3 times because of it. I have other Speedys in the 35 size but not the Bandouliere ones. I don't know what it is but I just think because of all the straps and stuff it sags too much in the bigger size.

Get both sizes. I bought the mono 30, then ended up with a getting 35 in both DE & Mono.
You can use the smaller one in spring/summer & a bigger one in fall/winter. I like both sizes but would probably recommend a 35 as it has a larger opening & more space. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1391406077.904209.jpg

First I got the Speedy Mono 35 and I love it. I would never fill it up even halfway but I love the saggy/casual look it gives. I don't think people buy the 35 with the intention to fill it up. Also I absolutely love the wide mouth opening, as it's much bigger and easier to get your items in and out of the bag.
Later I got the Speedy B 30 DE and I didn't like the opening at all...it was harder to get inside of the bag. I'd rather carry the 35 because of the wider opening, even though I will put the same amount of items in both bags.
I sold the 30 because I like the 35 soooo much more. I eventually want to get a Speedy B35 sometime in future.
Sorry for the long post, but I hope I helped you some. Good Luck and please let us know what you decided to do!