Chanel gst for a guy??? - thoughts, pics, opinions please!

Keepallboi

O.G.
May 12, 2011
Hi,

I'm usually an LV guy but lately I've been looking at the Chanel GST and thinking it'd be a great tote! I know its a women's bag but thats never stopped me before (case in point, Artsy Empreinte from LV which I love and carry often!).

What do you think of the GST for a guy??? Anyone have pics of a man carrying this bag or any men own this bag here???

Thanks for your help!!!

oooohhh, I love the Artsy Empreinte! I'm thinking maybe the GST XL might be more suitable than the regular size. Try them out at the boutique and let us know whether you like the GST on you. Post pics here as well! :smile:

Hi,

I'm usually an LV guy but lately I've been looking at the Chanel GST and thinking it'd be a great tote! I know its a women's bag but thats never stopped me before (case in point, Artsy Empreinte from LV which I love and carry often!).

What do you think of the GST for a guy??? Anyone have pics of a man carrying this bag or any men own this bag here???

Thanks for your help!!!
I finally realized why I don't like the GST -- no offense to all of the ladies that have one, but I think it looks very much like a guys bag. And just yesterday I saw a guy rocking a GST and it looked great on him! So I say go for it!

I finally realized why I don't like the GST -- no offense to all of the ladies that have one, but I think it looks very much like a guys bag. And just yesterday I saw a guy rocking a GST and it looked great on him! So I say go for it!

I have similar feelings for the Birkins.
That's maybe why i dont like Birkins that much.
They look better, imo, on guys than on girls !

Imo, a big GST may suit guys.
But the CC logo still remind me very féminin.
The Hermes bags may look better on guys.

I think you definitely should try it on and see if it works for you. I actually love the large Boy on guys, but if you're looking for a tote, maybe the Cerf would be better? It looks a bit more Unisex imo, but all depends on your style. If you can rock a LV Artsy, I tip my hat to you sir!

I agree, wear what you want :smile: But that's not what you asked! I think a GST is *ok* for guys, but I think a Cerf or other bag w/o chain is better personally :biggrin:

I agree with the suggestion to try the cerf tote. I just got one and it is so easy to carry. I love my GST but it's not the easiest to carry. It's great for going out but for every day or carrying a computer/tablet, the cerf tote is ideel. But you can carry anything you want to!

Wear what you love! But since you asked for an opinion, I'll say I don't like the look of women's bags on guys. Not speedys, not classic flaps, none of them. I do love the vintage duffel suggestion. But ultimately it all depends on who you are and who you'd like to attract in life. I haven't checked out your other posts on tPF so without knowing much about you, this is just my general opinion.