Question about alexa

bag^lover

O.G.
Dec 25, 2008
I know this question might have appeared many times on this forum but couldn't find anything in it.
So I have my eyes on an alexa after finally purchasing a bayswater last Jan. But as much as I love the bag, the strap is too long for me. I'm only 1.6m. Do any ladies find the strap too long? Also, I wear lots of dresses to work, do you think an alexa will go well with dresses?

Thanks ladies!

Hiya, I'm 5'8 and find that it works fine for me but you could always have some extra holes punched into the strap. An alexa looks good with dresses too so I wouldn't worry as it can be worn both smart and casually. Best of luck and check the celeb and catwalk threads as they show the alexa being worn with different outfits.

You can double the strap to make it into a shoulder strap. There is a video on YouTube showing you how to do this. (Search for "mulberry alexa strap")
I have an oversized alexa and found the strap too thin, the strap actually snapped when I was out using it!! Mulberry did replace the strap but I sourced a thicker and shorter strap from a leather manufacturer.

I have just made some holes in my Freddie's strap. I was terrified about doing it, to terrified to trust anyone else with it, so I found the most recommended hole punch (drapers), practiced on those little bits of leather you get with some bags until I found the right size hole, then measured very carefully before I did it.
Can't tell the difference now, and the buckle is at the front on the Freddie, so extra important. Very happy.

You can double the strap to make it into a shoulder strap. There is a video on YouTube showing you how to do this. (Search for "mulberry alexa strap")
I have an oversized alexa and found the strap too thin, the strap actually snapped when I was out using it!! Mulberry did replace the strap but I sourced a thicker and shorter strap from a leather manufacturer.

I am 5'4"...........love, love, love the Alexa but mainly wear it x body if I walk to work, then just hold by the handle.

I have had an extra couple of holes added which makes it fine over the shoulder. Also as mentioned here I do use it doubled if I was going anywhere where I would carry it over the shoulder for any length of time.

It's such a shame Mulberry don't come up with a three part strap as LV do. This would make it perfection. I just don't know why they have never done so

I know this question might have appeared many times on this forum but couldn't find anything in it.
So I have my eyes on an alexa after finally purchasing a bayswater last Jan. But as much as I love the bag, the strap is too long for me. I'm only 1.6m. Do any ladies find the strap too long? Also, I wear lots of dresses to work, do you think an alexa will go well with dresses?

Thanks ladies!

The strap is too long for me too. Mulberry can punch extra holes in it though-they do this in store and there is no charge for it.

Im 5ft 2 and its fine on me, no extra holes added (although it isnt the way i chose to wear it - only worn it like it twice). So i suppose it really is personal preference.

I think there was a chat about the then newer or older Alexas having longer or shorter straps ? cant remember which way round it was though.