Can a fake Speedy get a new zipper tab??

mellofunny

Jan 18, 2014
Hi! I've been trying to search everywhere for a thread to ask this general question, and couldn't find one that fits. Anyway in looking at Speedys on ebay, I've noticed some older authentic-looking bags have brand new zipper pulls that the seller says they had replaced at an LV store. So my question is, does this automatically mean it's authentic? I know the LV store wouldn't repair a fake, but are there other places that would replace the leather zipper tag with that exact LV piece?? IF it was fake I just don't know if there was a way they could bring it to another leather store and get that exact style tag...and I know I can bring it to the authentication forum but I was just wondering if anyone had thoughts on this!:cool:

but do other leather repair places have a tab that looks just like that? I would think not, and assume that if a speedy has a new zipper pull, then it was repaired at an LV store which means it has to be real...:thinking: because I want to bid on this one Speedy that is older but has a new pull and seller says it's authentic.

but do other leather repair places have a tab that looks just like that? I would think not, and assume that if a speedy has a new zipper pull, then it was repaired at an LV store which means it has to be real...:thinking: because I want to bid on this one Speedy that is older but has a new pull and seller says it's authentic.

A leather shop could easily repair a zipper pull, and it could even possibly look similar to what LV uses yes, you just never know. But all you need to do is have the bag in the listing authenticated. Free, link here: http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vu...lv-read-rules-use-format-post-1-a-851614.html

:smile:

Ask the seller for a copy of the repair receipt because LV always issues one even if there is no charge and like others have said, please have it authenticated regardless of how 'real' it looks.

I had the zipper pull replaced on my speedy and they replaced the gold grommet along with the leather pull - grommet has the LV initials. I am sure that a repair shop could replace the leather pull, but not the grommet.

I recently had my zipper and zipper pull replaced. I did get a receipt. Maybe ask the seller if they saved it. LV will not replace anything on a fake handbag.