Elsa Peretti SS Starfish vs. Black Jade Bean

emchhardy

O.G.
Feb 12, 2013
I'm thinking about my next, and possibly last, Tiffany purchase (at least for a while), and am debating between the Elsa Peretti Starfish Pendant and the Elsa Peretti Black Jade Bean.

I'm 42 so I want something that will age well wtih me. I wear a lot of black and like the idea that I can get the bean in black jade but is the bean age appropriate? The starfish - well, I just really, really like this one (especially with the small diamond) - but the bean has been on my wish list for much longer.

I'm torn. I don't live near a store to try both on. I guess I could order both and see which one I like better.

Given the choice, which one would you choose and why? Also, if anyone has any modeling pictures of the starfish, I would appreciate it. I can't seem to find many pictures of this one.

darkangel07760 - Good question. With the bean, I like its simplicity, shape, and that it's in that black jade (it's very different from anything I have) against the silver. It's cute - and by cute, maybe it seems youthful to me. With the starfish, I like star shapes in general, and the design itself seems playful and fluid. It reminds me of sinking my toes in the sand and letting my worries slip away.

I'm thinking about my next, and possibly last, Tiffany purchase (at least for a while), and am debating between the Elsa Peretti Starfish Pendant and the Elsa Peretti Black Jade Bean.

I'm 42 so I want something that will age well wtih me. I wear a lot of black and like the idea that I can get the bean in black jade but is the bean age appropriate? The starfish - well, I just really, really like this one (especially with the small diamond) - but the bean has been on my wish list for much longer.

I'm torn. I don't live near a store to try both on. I guess I could order both and see which one I like better.

Given the choice, which one would you choose and why? Also, if anyone has any modeling pictures of the starfish, I would appreciate it. I can't seem to find many pictures of this one.
I have the lapis bean with gold (I think it is a tiny bit bigger than the black version) and I love it. Looks great with a pair of lapis studs I already had (or with gold earrings) and is very versatile - I wear a lot of blue, so it goes it lots of things. It pair it with my 5 stone gold DBTY.

I would get the bean. I do like the starfish (he's a happy dude!) but I prefer the leggy one that looks like a little man to the one with the diamond. Also the starfish would be harder to wear, IMO.

And starfish are everywhere. It's hard not to buy them.