BATTLE of BAGS - JUMBO vs GST! Come and join

Black Caviar Jumbo Flap or Black Caviar GST?

• Black Caviar Jumbo Flap SHW

• Black Caviar GST SHW

Results are only viewable after voting.
if you really like jumbo more than gst and your parent is willing to get u the jumbo, then go for it.. A jumbo in caviar will not be ruin so easily n can last u forever:smile:

I think you've just answered your own question. Be happy and don't stress and get the GST. It's a lovely bag, and you can save up from your job income towards getting that jumbo that you so want. :smile:

I agree with tutushopper, sounds like if you got the jumbo you would feel guilty and have anxiety over it. Definitely not the feeling you should get wearing Chanel!

Aust Chanel is way overpriced. Maybe you can get the GST now as a gift, and the Jumbo later when you travel. The Reissue 227 is A$6400 in Sydney, in Europe with VAT refund it is about A$4800.

i agree with this. if you save enough money yourself, i think you'll feel that you really earned the jumbo with your own hard earned money. :yes:

congratulations on graduating and happy early birthday! a chanel is definitely the best way to celebrate both events. :tup:

I think Jumbo will suite your life style. It's great size for work and evening hangout. GST is great too, but not for evening happy hour style. I have both and I use my GST during winter time when I wear heavy coats and use my White Jumbo during summer.

Hello folks. Brief background: I was bitten by the high end designer bag bug in 2011, it all started with LV, then Prada followed by balenciaga. Now, chanel is calling my name (lol). I am about to make my first ever Chanel purchase and for the life of me, cannot decide on whether I should get the jumbo or GST. I know I want it in caviar leather. Here are my thoughts:

Jumbo: it's a classic, if I'm only going to own 1 chanel, I think this is it, it looks nicer to me (more lady like, KWIM?) and I can wear it casual or more formal. BUT, I'm not a flap girl, I'm a busy working mom and I do not own a single flap for this reason, although I must admit, I love the way they look. I don't know why I think this way, for those flap girls here, can you help convince me that going in and out of a flap isn't inconvenient?

GST: its convenient bec of the pockets, I can use it more of an everyday bag, I'm used to totes. It can hold more. And call me crazy, if I get this bag, I can rationalize me getting a WOC also bec of the price difference (2 Chanels for the price of 1, lol). But a part of me says, I have so many other totes already! LV neverfull mm and gm, cabas mezzo marylebone gm, prada tote.

Lovely ladies and gents of tPF, please help and enable a fellow tPFr make her first chanel purchase! Thank you all.

Hi there and welcome! :smile:

Honestly, I think the answer lies within your question. :smile: It sounds like you're trying to convince yourself to get a flap, because it is, quintessentially, "the" legendary, iconic Chanel style to get, but you're not a flap girl by nature. You love the look, as do I, but you're not a flap girl.

Get the bag you'll actually use. Get the GST. You're a tote girl. The GST is an awesome bag, and you'll use it all the time. It'll be more convenient for your lifestyle, from the sound of it, and the flap -- well, you'll probably end up admiring it in your closet, but you won't get enough use out of it, and end up saving it for "special occasions" or those brief moments when the flap won't drive you nuts.

I have a PST (Petite), and I adore it. And I have a woc, which I also adore. Those are the only 2 Chanels I'll probably own anytime in the near-to-distant future. I'm thrilled with both of them.

Welcome to the world of Chanel. It's addictive, exciting, gorgeous, and...expensive! lol.

Tell us what you decide!!! And make sure to do a reveal!

Hello folks. Brief background: I was bitten by the high end designer bag bug in 2011, it all started with LV, then Prada followed by balenciaga. Now, chanel is calling my name (lol). I am about to make my first ever Chanel purchase and for the life of me, cannot decide on whether I should get the jumbo or GST. I know I want it in caviar leather. Here are my thoughts:

Jumbo: it's a classic, if I'm only going to own 1 chanel, I think this is it, it looks nicer to me (more lady like, KWIM?) and I can wear it casual or more formal. BUT, I'm not a flap girl, I'm a busy working mom and I do not own a single flap for this reason, although I must admit, I love the way they look. I don't know why I think this way, for those flap girls here, can you help convince me that going in and out of a flap isn't inconvenient?

GST: its convenient bec of the pockets, I can use it more of an everyday bag, I'm used to totes. It can hold more. And call me crazy, if I get this bag, I can rationalize me getting a WOC also bec of the price difference (2 Chanels for the price of 1, lol). But a part of me says, I have so many other totes already! LV neverfull mm and gm, cabas mezzo marylebone gm, prada tote.

Lovely ladies and gents of tPF, please help and enable a fellow tPFr make her first chanel purchase! Thank you all.
I feel you!

What an expensive dilemma, isn't it! I got a boy instead because I'm not a flap kind of girl, and I have one too many tote bags! And I feel that the look of the classic flap bag is wonderfully married to the new edge, modern look of the boy! I agree with what CoachCruiser has advised. Looking forward to your reveal soon!!! :woohoo:

It sounds like you have plenty totes. Personally I prefer the jumbo over the GST, which I find too boxy.

I'm a mom too and I use my jumbo more when I am alone, however. I find the jumbo very easy to use and it feels more secure than the GST's open bag. But if you feel like you will use the tote more, then get that.

Tough call - a flap is a classic. But if you need to convince yourself, no need to spend that much money. I think you would grow to love it though. I really wanted a GST but I rarely carry it. It's so pretty. I'm going to try to use it more.

Omg I did the gst and woc today that's what I did I just could t do the jumbo lol

Think about it. You seem to have totes for a reason: Because you seem to love totes. I think that if you are going to spend money on a Chanel, you should buy the GST tote, for my uses, I would get the jumbo flap. But, it differs. I go to the mall and out to dinners and those places.

A GST tote is something that seems to fit a busier lifestyle. I usually decide that I am going to get the one that is the cutest but fits my lifestyle the best. The jumbo flap seems to be adorable, especially whenever in black or another pretty color. But, the GST looks a lot more practical. The jumbo flap is something I would use (Actually probably the classic or the mini, because I don't carry much, like I said in most of my posts but I would use a flap.) and the GST would be something that my mom would use because she carries more, runs in and out of the house constantly. I don't know if she would like it, because she isn't a Chanel girl, but you should just pick whatever you want to choose. Here are some things that you could consider

Jumbo Flap:
  • A beautiful bag, and a beautiful concept.
  • Can be bought in lambskin and caviar, and in different colors.
  • Classic as a Louis Vuitton Speedy
GST Tote:
  • More for a busy life
  • More practical for someone who carries more
  • The best for "Tote People"
Just, whatever you do, make sure that you choose what feels right to choose for you. OR, you could just save enough money to buy both of them: Jumbo for fancy dinners, and GST Tote for an every day bag.

I hope I helped you decide, because I want everyone to end up with the perfect bag for them. Don't waste money on either one if you don't know if it is an impulse purchase or not.

Thank you all very much for your input. You've raised very important points I need to consider. I LOVE the look of the jumbo and like that the CC looks a bit more discreet than GST. Functionally, I'm just so used to a tote. Decisions decisions. I've been mulling over this for quite some time now. My bday is later this week and will be visiting a Saks and NM chanel boutique to try them on. I am so excited!!!! Will keep u posted.

Thanks ladies!!!