I finally cheated on LV and got my 1st Chanel! *CHANEL NEWBIE ALERT* ~REVEAL~

Fancy_Pants

Mar 15, 2011
Hi everyone! I do believe this is my first time even venturing over to the Chanel section here. I am usually over in the LV forum. :smile: I LOVE me some LV but I haven't been able to stop thinking about this particular Chanel bag and finally took the plunge.

I took a trip up to Portland, Oregon earlier this month to go to LV and have a little weekend getaway with my friend. She ended up buying the new LV Montana but there isn't anything LV has right now that I am dying to get that I don't already have. I got a couple little things there, but no bag. I had been wanting to check out the Chanel store inside Nordstrom for awhile now, so we headed over that way just 'to look'.

This might sound silly but I felt so uncomfortable at Chanel. The customer service was great, so it wasn't that at all. But LV is my comfort zone. I walk in there and most all of the SA's know me by name (even though I live two hours away and I really do not get to shop there often. They just remember me for whatever reason.). And I know LV bag names so I know what to ask for when talking to the SA's. But I don't speak Chanel. :lol::shame: So I was honest with the Chanel SA and told her I normally carry LV and don't know much about Chanel but pointed out the bag I had been contemplating and let her know that I wanted to see it and know more about it. She was very friendly and unlocked the bag as well as another similar one. She was very attentive and took a good amount of time explaining about the bags and letting me look at them. Customer Service is important to me so I was pleased with her patience and her knowledge about the bags. After finally seeing it in person, I knew it was the next bag on my wishlist.

A few weeks have passed now and I was looking at Yoogi's Closet this week and the exact bag I wanted popped up for a great price compared to retail. So even though I had originally planned to buy it new at the Chanel store, I ordered it. I'm a little bummed that I don't get the experience of buying in the store and get the pretty box and stuff (I like that kind of thing), but it was enough savings on the bag that I couldn't pass it up. :smile:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, time for the pics!

Jan2014ChanelReveal01.jpg

Jan2014ChanelReveal02.jpg

Jan2014ChanelReveal03.jpg

My new-to-me Chanel GST with Silver Hardware. I have a LV Empreinte Speedy B in the Infini color which is nearly black and it has Gold Hardware. I love that bag so much and carry it often, but I am also limited by the gold hardware so was really wanting a black bag with Silver Hardware. So this bag is perfect for my needs!

Congratulations on your GST! Yes they do tend to sag after some use, but I think it just makes the bag easier to use imo. When it's new and boxy, it's quite uncomfortable.

Congrats! Be careful here in Chanel lol! it becomes highly addicting! 😉 The sagging is normal. Some hate that aspect and some prefer it. You may also find that the one strap has a tendency to slip off the shoulder which can be frustrating. Tucking it under the back strap is a remedy that people here suggest. Enjoy!

My favorite chanel bag! It's absolutely gorgeous! It's normal for the gst to start to sag after use -- just means your bag was well loved!

Congrats on your gorgeous preloved GST!!!!

Congrats! It looks great on you! The gst is my next Chanel purchase, can't wait! Enjoy!

Love this bag! Congrats!!!

Congratulations on your GST! Yes they do tend to sag after some use, but I think it just makes the bag easier to use imo. When it's new and boxy, it's quite uncomfortable.

Congrats on your pre-loved Chanel GST looks perfect on you!

Thanks so much! :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

Congrats! Be careful here in Chanel lol! it becomes highly addicting! 😉 The sagging is normal. Some hate that aspect and some prefer it. You may also find that the one strap has a tendency to slip off the shoulder which can be frustrating. Tucking it under the back strap is a remedy that people here suggest. Enjoy!

That's what I am afraid of. I don't need another expensive addiction. lol! But, at least my addiction holds it's value.

Thanks for the tip!