LV Lock losing its gold colour? :(

Jul 11, 2009
Hello ladies! I was carrying my LV Speedy 25 in DE when I suddenly saw that the lock on the side is losing its colour.
My Speedy is not even 1 year old and I am wondering if I could return this to an LV store to "polish" or adonize (?) it up?
It really makes me sad to see this... :sad:
The ticket says on the other hand that exchanging your item is valid for 30days but I bought it 17 May 2013... Help what can I do?
I'll include some pictures. It's not THAT bad but for €600 on a bag It's hard not to not notice that...ImageUploadedByPurseForum1391202769.180169.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1391202782.328474.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van PurseForum

It's normal. Get some brass cleaner and a soft polishing rag. In a minute it will be shinier than when you first got it. ;) The lock on my epi speedy was sooooo tarnished it looked greenish black. Now it's super gold and shiny.

I also use brass polish/cleaner (Brasso) on my lock (no lacquer on my lock -- just brass), key, rivets, and (carefully) on my brass zippers. The member above who advises that the lock will shine like new is correct, according to my personal experience. No need to worry :smile:

Tomato ketchup worked really Well on mine. It is natural for the padlock and keys to tarnish over time, but easy to get them back to their shiny state. It was very quick to get them shiny again too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 2,587