Yet ANOTHER change on eBay

LabelLover81

Peace Love & Purses
O.G.
Mar 5, 2010
Has anyone listed an item lately? Now there are "pay policies" and "shipping policies" and even "return policies" you have to choose from. It wouldn't be not so bad, except for the fact that I don't know what each policy is and I have to click on each one to see what is appropriate. It's a real PITA. Took me an extra 10 minutes to create a listing.

Has anyone listed an item lately? Now there are "pay policies" and "shipping policies" and even "return policies" you have to choose from. It wouldn't be not so bad, except for the fact that I don't know what each policy is and I have to click on each one to see what is appropriate. It's a real PITA. Took me an extra 10 minutes to create a listing.
I just noticed that too! I thought I did something wrong. lol.

I hope I'm not hijacking your thread... But I noticed that with the "shipping policies" you can select to have buyers pay cash on pick-up and not pay any ebay fees. So eBay is ok with us using the site as a classified ad?! I never put cash on pick-up in my listings because I thought it was against the rules. But it says we can select local pick-up and request payment on delivery. Somehow I feel there is a loophole I'm missing...

I just noticed that too! I thought I did something wrong. lol.

I hope I'm not hijacking your thread... But I noticed that with the "shipping policies" you can select to have buyers pay cash on pick-up and not pay any ebay fees. So eBay is ok with us using the site as a classified ad?! I never put cash on pick-up in my listings because I thought it was against the rules. But it says we can select local pick-up and request payment on delivery. Somehow I feel there is a loophole I'm missing...

I'm pretty sure ebay would still charge you the final value fee from the auction, they just wouldn't get the additional PayPal fee since you wouldn't be using that service.

I'm pretty sure ebay would still charge you the final value fee from the auction, they just wouldn't get the additional PayPal fee since you wouldn't be using that service.
See, it looks like we don't have to pay a fee and the buyer doesn't have to check-out through ebay. I'm very mystified by this....:thinking:

[FONT=&quot]How does it work?[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Your buyer pays you when they pick up the item. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Do I need to register? [/FONT][FONT=&quot]No.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Do I pay a fee?[/FONT][FONT=&quot] No.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Does the buyer have to register?[/FONT][FONT=&quot] No.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Does the buyer pay a fee?[/FONT][FONT=&quot] No.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]How soon am I paid?[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Immediately. In-person payment methods can include checks, money orders, cash, PayPal, or credit card. In your listing, be clear about which of these payment methods you'll accept. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Most sellers don't accept checks or money orders. If the check or money order doesn't clear after the buyer has picked up the item, the seller has fewer options for resolving the problem. See our accepted payments policy.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Does this method require eBay checkout?[/FONT][FONT=&quot] No.[/FONT]

See, it looks like we don't have to pay a fee and the buyer doesn't have to check-out through ebay. I'm very mystified by this....:thinking:

[FONT=&quot]How does it work?[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Your buyer pays you when they pick up the item. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Do I need to register? [/FONT][FONT=&quot]No.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Do I pay a fee?[/FONT][FONT=&quot] No.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Does the buyer have to register?[/FONT][FONT=&quot] No.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Does the buyer pay a fee?[/FONT][FONT=&quot] No.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]How soon am I paid?[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Immediately. In-person payment methods can include checks, money orders, cash, PayPal, or credit card. In your listing, be clear about which of these payment methods you'll accept. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Most sellers don't accept checks or money orders. If the check or money order doesn't clear after the buyer has picked up the item, the seller has fewer options for resolving the problem. See our accepted payments policy.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Does this method require eBay checkout?[/FONT][FONT=&quot] No.[/FONT]

They likely mean that you don't have to pay a fee to list this way, but you'd still have to pay the FVF.

What troubles me about this is that they tell you that you can choose to have buyers pay through PayPal and pick up the item in person. However, you void your seller protection through PayPal if you don't ship the item to the person's PP address.

Basically another way they're making it easier for buyers to get a free item. :censor:

They likely mean that you don't have to pay a fee to list this way, but you'd still have to pay the FVF.

What troubles me about this is that they tell you that you can choose to have buyers pay through PayPal and pick up the item in person. However, you void your seller protection through PayPal if you don't ship the item to the person's PP address.

Basically another way they're making it easier for buyers to get a free item. :censor:
Well this option is pretty hidden so I don't know that many sellers use it. Hopefully they know to only accept cash in person!

See what confuses me is that ebay checkout is not required. So why would the buyer even "buy" it through ebay? I guess it's on the honor system that seller doesn't just end the auction and meet the buyer for cash. :shrugs:

Does this new policy allow a case to be filed by the seller for nonpayment after only 48 hours? I just had one filed on me because I put in a bid ahead of time on for an auction that ended on a Friday. I was planning on paying on Sunday. When I went to my ebay acct I had a message that a case had been opened. Geesh!!! The seller never had this 48 hour window in their listing. Just wondering if this is automatic?

Does this new policy allow a case to be filed by the seller for nonpayment after only 48 hours? I just had one filed on me because I put in a bid ahead of time on for an auction that ended on a Friday. I was planning on paying on Sunday. When I went to my ebay acct I had a message that a case had been opened. Geesh!!! The seller never had this 48 hour window in their listing. Just wondering if this is automatic?
That's not new. Sellers have been able to file for non-payment after 2 days for at least a year.

I hate the shipping policy feature. I sell all sorts of things and so I find I frequently have to create or edit policies.

I don't mind the payment or return one because those never change. But that shipping one is such a bother.