Opinions on the Madison East West Tote

TejasMama

O.G.
Mar 29, 2007
I'm looking for some help regarding the Madison East West tote. Does anyone have this bag? What are your opinions about it?

I love the look and the drop seems to be perfect. The concern I have is that it does seem less structured than other totes and I'm wondering if that's a benefit or a negative. What do you think about this bag? I love the look, but I want to know how it functions. Would appreciate your insights!

http://www.coach.com/online/handbags/Product-madison_east_west_tote_in_leather-10551-10051-26769-en?cs=licht&catId=5000000000000049554&navCatId=7100000000000000604

I have it, and I love it. It is a bit less structured than, say, the saffiano leather totes, but I actually prefer the softness of the leather. I don't find that it sinks into a puddle if that is what you are worried about. When I set it down, it still stands up. The top and handles only flop over a tiny bit. If you look at this thread, there are some pics (my own included) that might give you a better idea how much it slouches. I haven't had any issues with the bag so far.

I just bought the chestnut one on my PCE and besides the great color I love the slouchiness. I can't help myself, I love a bag that looks soft and broken in. It is kind of like me in my old age, standing up but not always straight.

I just bought the chestnut one on my PCE and besides the great color I love the slouchiness. I can't help myself, I love a bag that looks soft and broken in. It is kind of like me in my old age, standing up but not always straight.

Hilarious!:P I'm the same way.I like a bag that's soft and slouchy sometimes but with a tote I still needed some structure. Thank you!

I have it, and I love it. It is a bit less structured than, say, the saffiano leather totes, but I actually prefer the softness of the leather. I don't find that it sinks into a puddle if that is what you are worried about. When I set it down, it still stands up. The top and handles only flop over a tiny bit. If you look at this thread, there are some pics (my own included) that might give you a better idea how much it slouches. I haven't had any issues with the bag so far.

This thread is so helpful! Thank you very much... I like that it slouches a bit but will still stand up. Perfect. Love both the black and the chestnut...I think this tote can go anywhere from work to casual and anywhere in between.

It definitely holds a lot. I have a bunch of stuff in there now, and it's nowhere near full. Here's a quick rundown of what I am carrying in there:

Sunglass case
Coach MFF signature pill case
EOS lip balm
Coach Madison Embossed Croc Medium wristlet (7.25" X 4.5" X 1.5")
Coach 3 X 5 agenda
LV wallet
LV cles
Mirror Compact
Coach Legacy Archive Two Tone Card Case
Keys
Cellphone
Portable retractable kabuki brush
Wet wipes

I could still cram a ton more items in there. I could even fit an iPad or a magazine in there.

I have this bag in black violet and it's quickly become a favorite. The soft leather is so nice! The structure is just right and it's very important for me that it has a zipper. I can easily wear it on the shoulder without the straps slipping.

I'm looking for some help regarding the Madison East West tote. Does anyone have this bag? What are your opinions about it?

I love the look and the drop seems to be perfect. The concern I have is that it does seem less structured than other totes and I'm wondering if that's a benefit or a negative. What do you think about this bag? I love the look, but I want to know how it functions. Would appreciate your insights!

http://www.coach.com/online/handbags/Product-madison_east_west_tote_in_leather-10551-10051-26769-en?cs=licht&catId=5000000000000049554&navCatId=7100000000000000604
Love this bag in chestnut! My friend has this in black and it really is a great bag. She can carry so much without it looking too full. I would love to have the chestnut bag.