Shaving with personal lubricant?

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
I was watching something on celebrity beauty secrets, and they hinted at the benefits of shaving your legs with specifically KY warming liquid.

How, exactly, does it benefit your skin? I can't for the life of me, find anything about it.

Hmmm maybe it allows the blades to get closer to the skin and get a better shave? The warming element could soften the hair follicle??

LOL Other than that I have no idea! :smile:

LOL! I'd never thought of that before! But why? I mean, I'm sure there's a reason why it's a personal lubricant and not a shaving cream. Wouldn't hurt to try it though. Tell us how it goes!

Hmmm maybe it allows the blades to get closer to the skin and get a better shave? The warming element could soften the hair follicle??

LOL Other than that I have no idea! :smile:

yes, I think the warming softens the hair follicle. that is why they always suggest waiting a couple of minutes before shaving. For the closest shave, the follices need to warm and soften.

You get the same effect by either shaving during or after your shower or buying a Conair hot lather machine. For those who don't know, the Conair hot lather machine is a device that you stick your can of shaving cream into and plug in. It warms up your shaving cream and dispenses it nice and hot.

I think shaving with KY Warming Lube would get a bit expensive over time.

I haven't tried it yet. (Too expensive for me right now) but when I do, I'll give a report.

Of course, if anyone else has any around for *ahem* personal use and would like to try it first, please feel free!

i am a fan of alternative uses for products but this one has me a little bit perplexed. hair conditioner is good for shaving your legs if your in a rush though becaue you dont need to moisturise after.

i am a fan of alternative uses for products but this one has me a little bit perplexed. hair conditioner is good for shaving your legs if your in a rush though becaue you dont need to moisturise after.
Oooh, great idea, cherry pie! I'll give that a try when I run out of shaving mousse. Somehow I always forget to buy a new can when I run out :sweatdrop:

I started shaving with a gentle scrub. My favorite is salt and olive oil. Gently scrub your legs a little then shave it off. Your legs will never be smoother and my shaving irritation is gone. I used to get little ingrown hairs. Try it, you wont be disapointed!