2014 resolution - shopping from my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I caught up on all the quotes, phew this thread really speeds along! If I missed anyone, just know I truly appreciate all the bag love :smile:

Today I am using my Louis Vuitton Mono Neverfull MM.

20140116_085104.jpg

I was inspired by JennyErin and decided to change my bag tonight. I pulled out my vintage coach Willis bag. I know coach relaunched this style not that long ago but this bag is over 15 years old, at least. Does anyone know how I can find out? Inside the bag it is marked M72 9927. The bag is in pretty good condition considering its age and I did not store it properly for many, many years. Coach does not make leather like this any more(thick and soft). I also pulled out my coach heart coin purse to commemorate upcoming valentine's day.

View attachment 2465519

Ooh, I love the Willis and your Willis looks gorgeous!

Ok, so I switched to my black bal. This was my first designer bag and I adore it. :hbeat: Even though my brown bal is my fave, I don't think I could ever part with this one...

(ps- same Coach wallet as before, since I only have ONE wallet! Shocking, I know.)

Wow, the leather on your black Bal looks amazing!

I think I caught up on all the quotes, phew this thread really speeds along! If I missed anyone, just know I truly appreciate all the bag love :smile:

20140116_085104.jpg

I love the shape of the Neverfull because it seems like such a useful bag to have.

I love the shape of the Neverfull because it seems like such a useful bag to have.

It really is and I am very happy to have such a useful Tote in my collection. Sometimes though I do find her to be too big, like when I just have a wallet and my phone with me, but on days when I have to carry a lot she is perfect!!

This happens to me too. As soon as I get something new, I get the itch to get another something right after, it's the weirdest thing. Good for you for walking away though! I do have to admit that $50 off of $100 is a great deal as long as you stay right around the $100 mark, but definitely don't buy just for the sake of buying. Changing things up with probably help! :smile:

Stay strong eggtart! Its always hard around this time of year with seasonal clearance but after awhile, it gets easier. I've even managed to stop buying clothes for a bit. The last time I went shopping was boxing day! I've browsed but haven't bought. I'm attempting to stay strong until the next cycle of my credit card which is almost till the end of January.

If something is wrong with you, then something is also wrong with me. For me, it is just that I was used to constantly hunting for a new bag last year and I find that it has been difficult for me of giving up my hunting habit.

I sooo know how you feel. I was telling DH that I need me some retail therapy! And soon...Lol... I am proud to say that I have not been to any malls or stores since Christmas. I did not hit any of the after Christmas or new year sales (which is really good in my book). I also did not buy as much for Christmas as I usually do but the things I did buy were expensive so I probably did not save any money and probably spent more and bought less. Still I think that was better since the items would be better used.

I know the feeling of having a good coupon and not wanting to "waste" it. It's so hard to not buy something with it. Play around in your closet and see if you can rediscover something, again. Good luck! :biggrin:

Thanks everyone, and to those of you keeping strong, that's so awesome! I think I'm feeling a bit.. cut off.. remember that big boxing day sale haul I got at Coach? I think that's what it was.. there were so many things I wanted and I couldn't buy them all and then when I went back I was keeping strong and i went back a third time and the sale was over.. so I wasn't prepared to have the decision made for me so swiftly and just feeling a bit cut off haha.. wow, definitely sound like a shopaholic...also, once I start shopping, I sort of feel like, oh well I've spent this much already, why not throw in a bit more, and it will be that way for a few weeks before I stop. I think I just have cold turkey feeling right now... hope it will go away soon.

Before I buy a new bag I usually sell one that I have had. I take very good care of my bags so they stay in almost like new condition and I wait to get what I think is a fair price for it and then use that money toward a new one or pre-loved one. And I try to keep a set number of bags at any given time.
That's a really great system that I wish I could implement. I rarely plan out which bag I'm going to buy next so mine is the other way around - buy it and then let go of something else. I'm trying to change that around though.

I was inspired by JennyErin and decided to change my bag tonight. I pulled out my vintage coach Willis bag. I know coach relaunched this style not that long ago but this bag is over 15 years old, at least. Does anyone know how I can find out? Inside the bag it is marked M72 9927. The bag is in pretty good condition considering its age and I did not store it properly for many, many years. Coach does not make leather like this any more(thick and soft). I also pulled out my coach heart coin purse to commemorate upcoming valentine's day.
That is so beautiful. I love looking at vintage Coach bags. Would love to one day be able to add one to my collection. Your slgs are super cute too =)

Ok, so I switched to my black bal. This was my first designer bag and I adore it. :hbeat: Even though my brown bal is my fave, I don't think I could ever part with this one...

(ps- same Coach wallet as before, since I only have ONE wallet! Shocking, I know.)

Both are beautiful and classic bags!

Very nice bag! Only having one wallet makes you more sane then me;).

This morning I did call the shop but they were sold out. I kept thinking this is my favorite shape for bags and an incredible sale. I thought about it over night and if there were any left I would get one and donate something else to make room. Oh well!

Amazing bal!

Ha, ha...I do the very same thing! Not stupid at all. I still have two bags with tags on them because I enjoy looking at them while they are still in the "new" state. I am just waiting for the perfect moment to use them. Lol... I anticipate finding the perfect moment to use everything this year. :biggrin:

That's so me at the moment. The last two months I got caught up getting my collection in order and I think I have 3 or 4 bags that haven't been used it. It's ok though because I know they are Great bags I adore and just happen to find amazing deals after the holidays for them. Just been too busy to change things up but they will definitely get used in spring. (Even though it feels like summer here in SoCal)

20140116_085104.jpg

Beautiful bag. I've always contemplated a Neverfull.

This morning I did call the shop but they were sold out. I kept thinking this is my favorite shape for bags and an incredible sale. I thought about it over night and if there were any left I would get one and donate something else to make room. Oh well!

Sometimes it's better when the decision is made for you and I hope it isn't "the bag that got away."

Been lovely reading everyone's bags. I just got home from the hospital (I just had my third beautiful baby girl). My husband just informed me he got me a push present. I can't wait til it comes next week to show you all! For now still toting my Badgely.

Amazing bal!

That's so me at the moment. The last two months I got caught up getting my collection in order and I think I have 3 or 4 bags that haven't been used it. It's ok though because I know they are Great bags I adore and just happen to find amazing deals after the holidays for them. Just been too busy to change things up but they will definitely get used in spring. (Even though it feels like summer here in SoCal)

Beautiful bag. I've always contemplated a Neverfull.

Sometimes it's better when the decision is made for you and I hope it isn't "the bag that got away."

Been lovely reading everyone's bags. I just got home from the hospital (I just had my third beautiful baby girl). My husband just informed me he got me a push present. I can't wait til it comes next week to show you all! For now still toting my Badgely.

Congratulations!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.