2014 resolution - shopping from my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuuli- I like your wallet better. I have the mk pink one and it is nice but not as nice as yours. Good job.!
Today I came close to ordering another bag. It was fifty percent off and it is my favorite color from mz wallace, but I really don' t have the space at the moment. That and I just got another bag before christmas from them in that color. Then I thought maybe I should get my favorite shape from them silver because it was on a super sale, but I am not sure I would wear such a bright silver. I really got caught up in the huge discounts. I decided to step away from the computer and got busy doing something else. I hope they sold out . I really need to enjoy what I have for now.

It's the hunt, the sales shopping feels a bit like that. I'm all about lulu lemon right now & if you don't order smthg online right away, it might be gone. I'll admit I pull the trigger faster because of it. I feel like I can't even use all the bags I have now so I'm hopefully good for a bag breather.

Today I am using my Rebecca Minkoff Morning After Mini in black. Love this bag!

20140115_085634.jpg

MAM's are always great bags and this one is beautiful!!

I LOVE the leopard speedy and it really never goes out of style. Congrats on finding it at a great price too.

Thank you so much!

Tuuli- I like your wallet better. I have the mk pink one and it is nice but not as nice as yours. Good job.!
Today I came close to ordering another bag. It was fifty percent off and it is my favorite color from mz wallace, but I really don' t have the space at the moment. That and I just got another bag before christmas from them in that color. Then I thought maybe I should get my favorite shape from them silver because it was on a super sale, but I am not sure I would wear such a bright silver. I really got caught up in the huge discounts. I decided to step away from the computer and got busy doing something else. I hope they sold out . I really need to enjoy what I have for now.

Good for you for stepping away! I sometimes get caught up in the wonderful deals too. I unsubscribed from so many retail emails this year and it has helped a TON!

I've kind of been on a buying 'itch' too.. the last couple of days during lunch I've been stalking the sales and seeing if they will get reduced more or have new styles.. I'm not sure what's wrong with me... I'm SUPER happy with my new wallet, not to mention I haven't moved into it yet (decided to save it for Chinese New Year in a couple of weeks), but I can't stop looking. I picked up a number of items and walked around the store with the intent on buying them and finally walked away, but it felt hard to do. I also got a $50 off of $100 at Coach and it's making me want to use it. I have absolutely nothing I need, or even want, but I feel like I need to use it. ARGH.
I haven't felt the spending urge like THIS before in a long time. Definitely need to change things up tonight or I think I may give in and buy something =S What's wrong with me???

This happens to me too. As soon as I get something new, I get the itch to get another something right after, it's the weirdest thing. Good for you for walking away though! I do have to admit that $50 off of $100 is a great deal as long as you stay right around the $100 mark, but definitely don't buy just for the sake of buying. Changing things up with probably help! :smile:

I switched into my Rebecca Minkoff BBW MAM and love carrying this bag! Lots of room and I love the purple zipper track. Also love that it is made in NYC!

Why do my pics keep rotating? Ugh!!!

Attachments

• RM_BBWMAM.JPG
    RM_BBWMAM.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 287
I switched into my Rebecca Minkoff BBW MAM and love carrying this bag! Lots of room and I love the purple zipper track. Also love that it is made in NYC!

I love the BBW MAM, it's gorgeous! This will always be my RM bag that got away, ugh. I had the MAB with pink zipper and silver hardware and sold it because I felt the MAB was just too big in the BBW. .

I love the BBW MAM, it's gorgeous! This will always be my RM bag that got away, ugh. I had the MAB with pink zipper and silver hardware and sold it because I felt the MAB was just too big in the BBW. .

I know what you mean--I first had a BBW MAB and it was too big for me, too. Luckily I was able to get most of my money back on it but it is considerably larger (to me) than the MAM.

I think some of the BBW MAMs are on the RM site--they had purple, red, green and blue zipper tracks before Christmas. Not enabling since this isn't the thread for that--just FYI since you mentioned this was the one that got away. :smile:

I've kind of been on a buying 'itch' too.. the last couple of days during lunch I've been stalking the sales and seeing if they will get reduced more or have new styles.. I'm not sure what's wrong with me... I'm SUPER happy with my new wallet, not to mention I haven't moved into it yet (decided to save it for Chinese New Year in a couple of weeks), but I can't stop looking. I picked up a number of items and walked around the store with the intent on buying them and finally walked away, but it felt hard to do. I also got a $50 off of $100 at Coach and it's making me want to use it. I have absolutely nothing I need, or even want, but I feel like I need to use it. ARGH.
I haven't felt the spending urge like THIS before in a long time. Definitely need to change things up tonight or I think I may give in and buy something =S What's wrong with me???

Stay strong eggtart! Its always hard around this time of year with seasonal clearance but after awhile, it gets easier. I've even managed to stop buying clothes for a bit. The last time I went shopping was boxing day! I've browsed but haven't bought. I'm attempting to stay strong until the next cycle of my credit card which is almost till the end of January.

Today the weather is really warm, especially for this time of year and all the snow we have gotten over the last couple months is drastically melting and outside can really only be described as "muck soup". So I opted for my Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene Speedy 30, just in case she gets splashed, I know she will be able to take it like a champ!

20140113_090525.jpg

Classic and lovely!

to kind of add to this, or play the devil's advocate.. do u think that if we have to 'try', then it's sort of not meant to be anyway? I know I've been trying to use some bags to see if I want to keep them, but the fact that it's been a while and I need to find a purpose for them, seems to tell me that if they were not in my collection, I would be OK (assuming this is not a HUGE HG to someone and it's just meant to be looked at haha). I've asked myself this many times and of course, I still have trouble letting go.. I guess maybe it's just a process we have to go through.. sort of... must give it a last shot sort of thing?

I am seriously debating this issue. I have a couple of bags that, when I look in my closet to decide which bag to use next, I always decide not to use. But, then I feel bad because the bags are really pretty. I just don't know if I have to force myself to use something, if I should just let it go or struggle with whether or not I should keep it.

Everyone has such beautiful bags! I tried going back through, but this thread moves FAST!!
How is everyone doing so far with their 2014 resolutions?

I have been doing okay with my resolution so far, but I have to admit that I have already seen two bags that I want to pick up and add to my collection. So far, I have resisted, but I have come across a way of making each bag a bit cheaper, so I am not sure I will be able to resist for very much longer.

I'm bumping my post from the beginning of the year (we're only 14 days in, lol). I haven't sold anything, which is good. Good news/bad news. Good news: Found my Leopard Speedy (OMG I can't believe it!!!) Retail is $2760, and I paid $1626 shipped, which IMO, is a pretty good price considering it's Limited Edition. My max was going to be $1750, so I did OK I think. Bad news is now I got one of my bags for the year and it's only January 14th!! I am now banned until my birthday in June, yikes. I will definitely be shopping my own closet until then. Here's a quick reveal of my new speedy though! I know this bag isn't for everyone, but I absolutely love it!

It's not my particular style, but the shape is classic and if you love it, then definitely rock it! Congrats!!

Edit. Will return the wallet and use this MJ one instead. I refuse to use sadness as excuse for shopping. :biggrin: kind of proud of myself right now.

You should be proud of yourself!!! Plus, the MJ wallet is gorgeous! Love that color!

Today I am using my Rebecca Minkoff Morning After Mini in black. Love this bag!

20140115_085634.jpg

Lovely!

So I sold a tote yesterday along with some cheap SLGs. I didn't make much but I'm happy they're out.

But I found a new tote. It's absolutely adorable and I love boats. Hence my instant love for this bag.

I'm willing to get rid of one cheap tote (not in siggy) and a Coach satchel, both of which I'll give to mom since she likes them.

Here is tote.
View attachment 2464606

I want to keep it. But I don't know. Everyone has been saying I don't need anymore bags, despite me taking some out.

I think I will keep it. It's unique and cute. I've decided to take out one other bag and give it to a friend. So that would be 4 out and 1 bag in. But I would like to know more about this bag but it's proving to be quite difficult for me to find info on it.

I think that the Kate Spade tote is really cute. Plus, getting rid of 4 in exchange for the one is a pretty good trade.

Have you e-mailed Kate Spade customer service a picture of the tote to see if they can tell you anything uselful?

Great job avoiding buying another bag!

If something is wrong with you, then something is also wrong with me. For me, it is just that I was used to constantly hunting for a new bag last year and I find that it has been difficult for me of giving up my hunting habit.

Lovely MAM!

Totally know what you mean. I'll hold on to it for now and think about it while I give the other bags away.

Good luck and let us know the outcome.

Hahaha, thanks, sometimes I think I might have a problem, but then I remember how fun it is to paint my nails and I am ok with it.

You are too cute! :lol:

Smart move, dcooney4. Keep away from the computer. :graucho: It sounds like you already have a mz Wallace bag in your favorite color so will you "really" need or want another in the exact color? I love metallics and all things shiny but in reality, I can't really wear too much bling on a regular basis where I live. So I can understand how a shiny silver bag would not get a lot of use. But it doesn't make it easier either does it? I generally will gravitate toward more subtle metallics and bling :nogood:

Stay strong!! :yes: That goes for me too (although I confess I made a small purchase recently). Will post this weekend.

I sooo know how you feel. I was telling DH that I need me some retail therapy! And soon...Lol... I am proud to say that I have not been to any malls or stores since Christmas. I did not hit any of the after Christmas or new year sales (which is really good in my book). I also did not buy as much for Christmas as I usually do but the things I did buy were expensive so I probably did not save any money and probably spent more and bought less. Still I think that was better since the items would be better used.

I know the feeling of having a good coupon and not wanting to "waste" it. It's so hard to not buy something with it. Play around in your closet and see if you can rediscover something, again. Good luck! :biggrin:

I love the purple zipper! So fun!!

Before I buy a new bag I usually sell one that I have had. I take very good care of my bags so they stay in almost like new condition and I wait to get what I think is a fair price for it and then use that money toward a new one or pre-loved one. And I try to keep a set number of bags at any given time.

I was inspired by JennyErin and decided to change my bag tonight. I pulled out my vintage coach Willis bag. I know coach relaunched this style not that long ago but this bag is over 15 years old, at least. Does anyone know how I can find out? Inside the bag it is marked M72 9927. The bag is in pretty good condition considering its age and I did not store it properly for many, many years. Coach does not make leather like this any more(thick and soft). I also pulled out my coach heart coin purse to commemorate upcoming valentine's day.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1389858261.899122.jpg

I was inspired by JennyErin and decided to change my bag tonight. I pulled out my vintage coach Willis bag. I know coach relaunched this style not that long ago but this bag is over 15 years old, at least. Does anyone know how I can find out? Inside the bag it is marked M72 9927. The bag is in pretty good condition considering its age and I did not store it properly for many, many years. Coach does not make leather like this any more(thick and soft). I also pulled out my coach heart coin purse to commemorate upcoming valentine's day.

View attachment 2465519

Your willis looks fantastic!

Status
Not open for further replies.