Coach Bean bags on eBay

Hi. There is quite a long messaage thread on the ebay shoes & purses forum about this. The jury is still out on them. No one seems to know anything about them - whether they are real or what. You can go there & do a search for Coach beanbag or coach bean bag.

Oh my God!!! That was my first Coach Key chain. I wonder what I did with it. :sad:

Anyway I am not familiar with the handbag but I definetly had the key fob.

Some seem to be genuine and from the mid to late 70's but at least half we've looked at have been fakes. And no one's been able to find out WHY they were called Bean Bags. :confused1:

Any Coach creed calling the bag a Coach Bean Bag is counterfeit. I just used Google to research because I purchased a bag on eBay & when it arrived, I thought there was something fishy about Coach Bean Bag being in the creed. I sent the link to the seller & they have not responded yet. Oh, I see this thread is old; I just joined the forum.

Any Coach creed calling the bag a Coach Bean Bag is counterfeit. I just used Google to research because I purchased a bag on eBay & when it arrived, I thought there was something fishy about Coach Bean Bag being in the creed. I sent the link to the seller & they have not responded yet. Oh, I see this thread is old; I just joined the forum.

It's ALWAYS a good idea to check the date of a post before you reply. Welcome to tPF.

There have been a few (VERY few) seemingly accurate copies of genuine Coach bags with creeds saying "This is a Coach BEAN Bag..." but the vast majority of them have been obvious fakes. The fakes makers apparently copied the creed from a Bean Bag keyfob or desk paperweight without realizing it wasn't a valid handbag creed.

Here are some examples of Bean Bag creeds.
The first one has not only a Bean Bag stamp but also a known always-fake serial number.
The second is one of the close ones, a Madison Satchel Spectator that I own.
The third is one of the really bad ones with gold stamping and spelling and punctuation mistakes.

Attachments

• 308-9875_Bean-bag-c.JPG
    308-9875_Bean-bag-c.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 584
  • Bean Bag_6765-Madison Satchel Spect-sm-e.jpg
    Bean Bag_6765-Madison Satchel Spect-sm-e.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 571
  • BeanBag_DenimCreedPatch_FAKE-sm-1.jpg
    BeanBag_DenimCreedPatch_FAKE-sm-1.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 564
Reactions: Little_Kat
It's ALWAYS a good idea to check the date of a post before you reply. Welcome to tPF.

There have been a few (VERY few) seemingly accurate copies of genuine Coach bags with creeds saying "This is a Coach BEAN Bag..." but the vast majority of them have been obvious fakes. The fakes makers apparently copied the creed from a Bean Bag keyfob or desk paperweight without realizing it wasn't a valid handbag creed.

Here are some examples of Bean Bag creeds.
The first one has not only a Bean Bag stamp but also a known always-fake serial number.
The second is one of the close ones, a Madison Satchel Spectator that I own.
The third is one of the really bad ones with gold stamping and spelling and punctuation mistakes.
I read that a few bags actually did get the misprint, but it was caught by mid-1991. I'd say anything after that is more than likely counterfeit.