Repairing an East West's corner?

JuiceBox

O.G.
Dec 6, 2006
I have a East West bag where the corner is showing alot of wear and just about showing the piping underneath. Has anyone had anywhere like the handbag clinic (quoted £200!!) or mulberry repair something like this? How much did it cost? Thanks!

Last edited:
I have a East West bag where the corner is showing alot of wear and just about showing the piping underneath. Has anyone had anywhere like the handbag clinic or mulberry repair something like this? How much did it cost? Thanks!
Hi Juicebox, I've had the piping replaced on a bayswater & an Alexa (Oct 2012 & Mar 2013) and it cost me £80 + VAT but I'd contact Customer Services to double check as the price may not be the same. Good luck

Forgot to add that I sent mine directly to Mulberry - I downloaded a repairs form from the website and sent this with my bag to their address in Shepton Mallet.

Hi Juicebox, I've had the piping replaced on a bayswater & an Alexa (Oct 2012 & Mar 2013) and it cost me £80 + VAT but I'd contact Customer Services to double check as the price may not be the same. Good luck

Thanks for replying, was that £80 each? Or altogether? I only spent £145 on the bag but I wasnt aware of the issue until I got it today. I'm just waiting for a reply but as I'm incredibly impatient I thought I'd ask here to get an idea :smile:

Thanks for replying, was that £80 each? Or altogether? I only spent £145 on the bag but I wasnt aware of the issue until I got it today. I'm just waiting for a reply but as I'm incredibly impatient I thought I'd ask here to get an idea :smile:
Yep it was £80 to replace the piping on each bag.

If your bag is under 2 years old its £25 and 2 years older or more £80 for piping, I recently sent my bag to shepton mallet for piping repair, it does however take a long time

If your bag is under 2 years old its £25 and 2 years older or more £80 for piping, I recently sent my bag to shepton mallet for piping repair, it does however take a long time
Is there anyway to tell how old a bag is ? Like by the serial number? It was second hand to me so I couldn't tell.