Stumbled into the mulberry forum and need some help

animal 1

O.G.
Jan 18, 2008
Hi! I stumbled into the mulberry forum and have decided that I need to find a pink colored mini Alexa. That being said, I have no idea where to begin (I looked online--I'm in the US) and am finding it difficult to find mulberry anywhere here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ideas of what color is nice (pinks) and where are some good places that I could look for one.

Thanks so much!

Thanks elvisfanforlife! I did look around a bit in the reference library, and looked at some of the shots of the Alexa. I definitely like the regular or mini (though I've been on a mini bag kick, and so am leaning more towards the mini.) I love the oak (which seems to be a "standard color?") and also the watermelon, raspberry, plaster pink ones.

A few questions:
How does the leather hold up? I love soft, smooshy leathers that age well. Are mulberry bags prone to color transfer or fading? Also I can't really tell from some of the pictures, but is there a choice between gold and silver hardware? If so, I also like gold toned hardware.

Any suggestions on where I can purchase online (I looked a bit through the shopping guide, but see a lot of stores located in Europe, and I'm in Hawaii, USA.)

Thanks again for any help! I usually browse the balenciaga forum, but hopped in here tonight and now am a bit hooked...

Thanks elvisfanforlife! I did look around a bit in the reference library, and looked at some of the shots of the Alexa. I definitely like the regular or mini (though I've been on a mini bag kick, and so am leaning more towards the mini.) I love the oak (which seems to be a "standard color?") and also the watermelon, raspberry, plaster pink ones.

A few questions:
How does the leather hold up? I love soft, smooshy leathers that age well. Are mulberry bags prone to color transfer or fading? Also I can't really tell from some of the pictures, but is there a choice between gold and silver hardware? If so, I also like gold toned hardware.

Any suggestions on where I can purchase online (I looked a bit through the shopping guide, but see a lot of stores located in Europe, and I'm in Hawaii, USA.)

Thanks again for any help! I usually browse the balenciaga forum, but hopped in here tonight and now am a bit hooked...

The oak and black mini ones are on sale now......check out the shopping threads as people will post if they see any in stock.....some Uk stores will send overseas and save you the 20% sales tax called VAT...which mulberry won't.

Te lighter coloured leathers can be prone to colour transfer but as long as you waterproof with the recommended products it should be fine as long as you are careful with denim

Some leathers are slouched than others...there is a guide to leather types on here as well

Some of the colours you prefer are old season so resellers may be your only option but someone like labels most wanted will seek them out for you if you complete a wish list and have great prices?

I definitely like the regular or mini (though I've been on a mini bag kick, and so am leaning more towards the mini.) I love the oak (which seems to be a "standard color?") and also the watermelon, raspberry, plaster pink ones.

A few questions:

Hi animal, welcome to mulberry!

Mini Alexa is very mini! I much prefer regular, I've had 2 Alexa's, sold one on (plum, great colour, worth seeing if you can get one second hand, it's a gorgeous pinky purple) and still have my Valentine red one.

Colour doesn't fade, the lighter ones you need to be a little careful with but as Elvis said if treated with waterstop spray they are pretty hardy. I loved the leather on my plum Alexa, it was really wrinkly and smooshy.

The majority of Alexa's will have gold hardware, a few new ones have nickel but not many.

eBay is probably your best bet - we have lovely authenticators in the mulberry shopping sub forum or check out labels most wanted http://labelsmostwanted.co.uk/stock/ this is a great site, totally gorgeous, genuine bags.

Good luck in your search.