2014 resolution - shopping from my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I carried my Longchamp, since the weather was awful. :rain:
I have to say, this was such a surprisingly great purchase from 2013. I bought it specifically for rainy days, but I really love it! It is lightweight, durable and utterly carefree.

Attachments

• lc.jpg
    lc.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 484
So...I bought a bag, of sorts, today. I found this at the Barney's outlet and had to bring it home. I own three MbMJ Groovees (two regular and one Baby), so absolutely fell in love with this...

It's a wee mini Groovee keychain/coin pouch! It's in the Faded Aluminum color. I am using it to stash lip balms and hand sanitizer in my bag. Isn't it adorable?? And it's a bag purchase I don't feel guilty about. :smile:

Love this! How big is it? Like compared to a small water bottle. I fear if I get one my little daughters will try to steal it!!! Hahaha!

Happy New Year everyone!

I'm back at work for a couple of days before we go for our team retreat to Maui. In the meantime, I've still been using my Coach plume/navy colorblock tote and croc embossed wristlet (might I add, everyday since I bought them).

I also took a shot of my insides - an M0851 change purse that I use to carry pennies in (trying to use them anywhere I can), a brown croc embossed Valentina pouch I use for random stuff like band aids, bobby pins, etc., a hello kitty pouch a use for my itouch, my Coach legacy pencil case in carnelian (which has been in my bag everday since I bought it in 2012 - probably one of the few pieces that have truly gotten good cost per wear), and a couple of random hello kitty items I use to hold points cards.

Inside my wristlet is also my croc embossed card holder and a skinny.

Right now I'm trying to decide what bags to bring on my trip. I hate packing because when it comes down to shoes and bags, I'm always stuck trying not to bring too much.

I'd go with one tote for beach and team building, one all around bag (cross body perhaps?) for every day use, and one clutch for dinners. I'd also take a wristlet for the on the go use if you don't want to take your everyday bag. Love Maui.

I'm on the fence about joining this thread. I know I can't stop so I have two bags on my buy list for sure. But sometimes I just want a bag that I just end up buying, so it would be like me failing the resolutions made on the thread.

My collection is in my signature, minus my cheap/thrifter bags. It doesn't include SLGs. But when there's a want, there's a way.

I do like how much emphasis is on using what you already have! I definitely need to do this, especially for the older bags that just sit in my storage. I feel like I could sell some off and get one of the two on my buy list, but when I wear the bag again, I like it again.

I'm so indecisive when it comes to my current collection, and weak willed when it comes to buying another cute bag.

I hear ya. Perhaps joining and seeing how others are coping might help. Last year I did a massive purge because I wanted to try new designers and just never wore my old bags anymore. Now I feel like I know what I like and just filling in gaps. The worst part is not buying whenever but to be honest I probably shouldn't since I'm really only 1 or 2 bags away from a well rounded collection. After that I will focus on big ticket bags on my dream list. Read your collection... Amazing!

Today I carried my Longchamp, since the weather was awful. :rain:

I have to say, this was such a surprisingly great purchase from 2013. I bought it specifically for rainy days, but I really love it! It is lightweight, durable and utterly carefree.

How I wish we had some rain! Please don't throw rocks but I'm dying for cold weather. It was 80 today. I just want cooler weather considering I'm just a walking heater (I'm 38 weeks pg). Anywho, always wondered how people like the Longchamp bags. Looks like a good durable bag for that type of weather! Love to hear more about it.

I hear ya. Perhaps joining and seeing how others are coping might help. Last year I did a massive purge because I wanted to try new designers and just never wore my old bags anymore. Now I feel like I know what I like and just filling in gaps. The worst part is not buying whenever but to be honest I probably shouldn't since I'm really only 1 or 2 bags away from a well rounded collection. After that I will focus on big ticket bags on my dream list. Read your collection... Amazing!

How I wish we had some rain! Please don't throw rocks but I'm dying for cold weather. It was 80 today. I just want cooler weather considering I'm just a walking heater (I'm 38 weeks pg). Anywho, always wondered how people like the Longchamp bags. Looks like a good durable bag for that type of weather! Love to hear more about it.

This is true. I don't know if I'll purge yet, but I want to get my first Chanel this year. It won't happen if I keep buying things other than this bag. I believe the Chanel will be the last on my wish list (plus all the price increases make newer items too pricey for my liking). So I definitely should enjoy what I have while I save for my wish list bag. I'll stick around then :smile:

I wish we had a winter in SoCal. Or some cold weather. I'd like a small break from all the heat.

This is true. I don't know if I'll purge yet, but I want to get my first Chanel this year. It won't happen if I keep buying things other than this bag. I believe the Chanel will be the last on my wish list (plus all the price increases make newer items too pricey for my liking). So I definitely should enjoy what I have while I save for my wish list bag. I'll stick around then :smile:

I wish we had a winter in SoCal. Or some cold weather. I'd like a small break from all the heat.

Me too! I think it's suppose to cool off for us next week but who knows. I am getting beyond jealous of everyone who can wear a sweater or scarves!

I finally took a family photo of my collection! And then I took a photo of how they sit in my bag cupboard :lol:

Prada

Prada BN1786
Prada BN1801
Prada BN1801

Louis Vuitton
Alma PM in Epi
Alma PM in DE

Chanel
Medallion Tote

Oroton
Oroton Roche Tote
Oroton Entourage Tote

Marc by Marc Jacobs
Classic Q Hillier Hobo

Rebecca Minkoff
Rebecca Minkoff Affair

It's going to be a lot easier to shop from my own bag collection in 2014. Right now I'm selling/giving away 1 Oroton and 1 Rebecca Minkoff (not included in photos). And then possibly consigning my Chanel Medallion and Prada BN1801 in Pink since I haven't used them to warrant keeping.

Attachments

• 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 549
  • 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 456
I finally took a family photo of my collection! And then I took a photo of how they sit in my bag cupboard :lol:

Prada

Prada BN1786
Prada BN1801
Prada BN1801

Louis Vuitton
Alma PM in Epi
Alma PM in DE

Chanel
Medallion Tote

Oroton
Oroton Roche Tote
Oroton Entourage Tote

Marc by Marc Jacobs
Classic Q Hillier Hobo

Rebecca Minkoff
Rebecca Minkoff Affair

It's going to be a lot easier to shop from my own bag collection in 2014. Right now I'm selling/giving away 1 Oroton and 1 Rebecca Minkoff (not included in photos). And then possibly consigning my Chanel Medallion and Prada BN1801 in Pink since I haven't used them to warrant keeping.

Stunning collection! Love the cabinet you have them in too.

Love this! How big is it? Like compared to a small water bottle. I fear if I get one my little daughters will try to steal it!!!.

It's really small - just a few inches wide. I am using it for lip balm, lipstick and hand sanitizer - and that's all it can hold. I really think it's meant to be a coin purse. :smile:

I love your bag and wallet! MBMJ has released the style in a smaller size called the Franny which I was obsessing over recently, but I need that style in something other than black! Is your bag Raspberry Red? The color looks like my Hillier Hobo :love:

Thanks! I haven't seen the Franny yet, but it sounds cute. The color of this one is Chianti - it's a wine red color that I just love. I do love me some MJ/MbMJ - great leathers and pretty yet functional styles. :smile:

OMG this is THE best thread ever! I definitely need to join. I go in cycles... buying...purging...buying...purging...I'm back to buying AGAIN! Last year I was down to just THREE bags and just last month I got 4 new ones. So I really need to shop my own closet like you guys. And I just bought 3 new wallets in 3 weeks! Who does that?! Why do I need those? I kept trying to talk myself out of the last wallet, but couldn't. I rationalized it by saying I need a wallet for every season...so now I have 4 in total. Bizarre, non?

Anyway, so happy I found this thread! Thanks Eggtart for starting this!

Prada
Prada BN1786
Prada BN1801
Prada BN1801

Louis Vuitton
Alma PM in Epi
Alma PM in DE

Chanel
Medallion Tote

Oroton
Oroton Roche Tote
Oroton Entourage Tote

Marc by Marc Jacobs
Classic Q Hillier Hobo

Rebecca Minkoff
Rebecca Minkoff Affair

I adore your bag cabinet! You have a great collection as well.

I'm not moving out of my Dooney Dillen not with all this snow. Ughh!

I've never done a collection pic, now my wheels are turning, lol!

You could come to MI, we are in the middle of snow/cold wave, it is -6F (felt temp is -19F) outside right now :biggrin: . I was pregnant during heat weave and was sitting in front of open fridge.

Prada

Prada BN1786
Prada BN1801
Prada BN1801

Louis Vuitton
Alma PM in Epi
Alma PM in DE

Chanel
Medallion Tote

Oroton
Oroton Roche Tote
Oroton Entourage Tote

Marc by Marc Jacobs
Classic Q Hillier Hobo

Rebecca Minkoff
Rebecca Minkoff Affair

Lovely collection! I really like how you store them!

Last edited:
The little pouches are great for organizing but they also add weight, and start a whole new obsession with buying small things haha (at least for me - I have started letting go of many of my smaller pouches). Thanks! I'm looking forward to it, def much needed trip.

thanks for the input! I'll have to ask you again when I'm ready to take the plunge. First things first right now, my mon monogram :smile:

thanks! The blues have really captured my heart, I also have that color combo in a Sadie. I thought about a tote and cross body but then thought about the what ifs. What if we go hiking? The beach? Shopping? Etc. I have a tote for the beach, an easy canvas which I can use for team building too (just one day of team building, woot!) but was thinking a more rugged cross body for more active activities and a clutch for dinners. But that seems to leave me empty for regular walking activities. Ya, I'm a packing mess haha.

that is sooooooo cute!!

gorgeous colors. Rich reds are so beautiful. One of the bags I'm trying to sell is a beautiful red and every time a sale doesnt go through, I'm not that sad about it because I love the color, but the size just doesn't work for me, so have to let it go.

You can do it! Read your signature, you have a beautiful collection, can't wait to see!

Yes mon mono is a great one! I keep going back and forth on getting one as I already have a plain mono speedy but I just love how personal it is!

Good luck with the packing!!

So jealous of your weather but I feel for you in the prego situation! I have been preggers twice both in the height of summer, not fun! Good luck on your delivery!!

Also if you are interested in a Longchamp, I used (and still do on family outings) a large one in red for my diaper bag and I loved it!! It's so worry free and easy to haul around.

Status
Not open for further replies.