2014 resolution - shopping from my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am starting out the year with my newest bag -- Coach Black Madison Shoulder Flap.
So pretty!!!

View attachment 2447591

Happy new year everyone! Here's what I carried today on a snowy, gloomy day. LV DE Speedy 35 and it's contents. I think I am the only person on the planet that isn't in love with the cles even though I do use it occasionally :sad:
Love it all!!! And you're not the only one who isn't gaga over the cles... I returned mine and put the $$ toward a bag.

I didn't mean to... But when I was at Saks (returning a bag I just didn't love love), they had the perfect warm color Michael Kors bag I was looking for on sale. Okay, that's one bag scratched off the list of what I'm allowed.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPurseForum1388633385.403054.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1388633385.403054.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 622
I'm in! I lurked in the 2013 thread, don't think I posted.
I got into terrible debt ten years ago when I bought bag after bag - remember when the It-bag madness was at its height? I paid everything off and started afresh back in 2010 - no credit cards, so I either save up, buy preloved or on layaway.
Last year I hit eBay and found a Chloe Bay for £80 - my beater bag, great for weekends and appalling weather. I also won a purple patent Prada - my day-to-evening bag. Finally I got my two HG Bals.
I posted in another thread yesterday that I wanted to have a year without any bag purchases. Of course, this morning I woke up with an all-consuming need for something Chanel lol.
Seriously - this is a year I really do want to shop from my closet.
Starting with one of my HGs - Violet Chèvre City
View attachment 2447363

That bag is gorgeous! The leather looks amazing!

eehlers, that bag is such a gorgeous colour!

I'm ringing in the new year tonight with my Bordeaux Madison Sophia! (Just a stock photo online, not near a camera)

What a festive color to ring in the new year!

Today I am using my navy longchamp.

I love longchamp bags! So versatile :smile:

I was wearing my Onna Ehrlich Maya and Ferragamo wallet today. Both are actually deeper red color, just very difficult to capture.

Happy New Year everyone! Cant wait to see all pretty bags next year!

Love all the bright pops of red!

Here is my little family of bags. (Clutches and wristlets excluded). I did find a Rebecca Minkoff travel tote this morning on clearance for 49 and think I might just make that a diaper bag or day trip bag. The new Kate spade is the little Nadine (shamrock? Don't really know the color --looks like Kelly green and is so bright and lovely). As you can see I need warm colors (red or yellow) or even a nice bright turquoise to fill in the gaps. If a find a good preloved bag that needs a home, great but won't go out of my way for that. No more than 3 though. Totally going to print this photo out and post in my closet to reference when doing the "what am I going to wear dance?".

View attachment 2446619

Back to front roll call:
LV bucket, Rebecca Minkoff travel tote, Badgely Mischa in ice, Rebecca Minkoff in elephant, Tory Burch, Coach, Coach, Coach black (first bag bought - 2001), Kate Spade little Nadine, Rebecca Minkoff, MbMJ, Coach Bleeker 2007 (wedding gift from husband).

Congrats on a beautiful and diverse collection!

View attachment 2446777I have been so encouraged by the 2013 thread...which really did assist with limiting my excessive spending...and I am looking forward to sharing 2014 with others who have a love for great handbags...I am carrying my Verona GM into 2014....Wishing each of you a very prosperous and healthy New Year....

Beautiful Verona!

Happy New Year to everyone!!!

I'm starting 2014 with my favorite bag... bal chataigne rh city! :love:

Lovely bal!!

I'm in! I lurked in the 2013 thread, don't think I posted.
I got into terrible debt ten years ago when I bought bag after bag - remember when the It-bag madness was at its height? I paid everything off and started afresh back in 2010 - no credit cards, so I either save up, buy preloved or on layaway.
Last year I hit eBay and found a Chloe Bay for £80 - my beater bag, great for weekends and appalling weather. I also won a purple patent Prada - my day-to-evening bag. Finally I got my two HG Bals.
I posted in another thread yesterday that I wanted to have a year without any bag purchases. Of course, this morning I woke up with an all-consuming need for something Chanel lol.
Seriously - this is a year I really do want to shop from my closet.
Starting with one of my HGs - Violet Chèvre City
View attachment 2447363

Purple is my favorite color. Love your bal! I know what you mean about the urge!

Happy New Year everyone!!

I am starting out the year with my newest bag -- Coach Black Madison Shoulder Flap. It's a great medium shoulder bag that gives me the classic feel of a Chanel flap, without the price tag that I don't believe I could ever bring myself to pay. Since I have to work this week and travel to Northern California to visit family and attend a string quartet concert this weekend, I thought that this would be a perfect bag for all of those events. I'm planning on carrying this flap through this weekend and, possibly, into next week.

Beautiful Madison to start the new year!

View attachment 2447591

Happy new year everyone! Here's what I carried today on a snowy, gloomy day. LV DE Speedy 35 and it's contents. I think I am the only person on the planet that isn't in love with the cles even though I do use it occasionally :sad:

Love all your pouches in your LV. So organized!

I didn't mean to... But when I was at Saks (returning a bag I just didn't love love), they had the perfect warm color Michael Kors bag I was looking for on sale. Okay, that's one bag scratched off the list of what I'm allowed.

Beautiful color Kors! I can see why you got it! Congrats!

On day one of shopping within my collection, I'm using my BV Brique Cervo Hobo. I expect to use this bag through the weekend as I've used it for the past two weeks.
I love when I use a bag and continue to use it - the longest I've used a bag straight is about a month.

Ended 2013 and started 2014 carrying my Brahmin mini Arno tote in Black/leopard/brown from the vineyard collection. January is going to be my Brahmin month, switching between this and my snow leopard/khaki small tote.
would love to see a pic of your Brahmins and perhaps get a review, I've heard so many people talk about them but never came across one irl.
View attachment 2447591

lovely bag! And lovely insides. I'm with you about the cles - have one and don't love love it but it is in use. IMO I think its dimensions are just a little too small for my liking. A tiny bit more room each way and I think I'd love it. I'm talking just millimeters.

I ended the year with my DE speedy 30 and I'm starting the year with Dooney and Bourke, I can't remember the name but the leather is to die for :biggrin:
recently saw dooney bags irl and find myself thinking about them. If I find a good deal, I can see myself picking one up

Beautiful color and love the style! Hey, at least it was a 'one in one out' sort of situation ;) great bag to ring in 2014.
My goodness you all have such nice big collections!

I have only 5 handbags and 2 wallets, some of my handbags are terribly neglected. This year I will join you and use them all!
Welcome! :smile:

Love this thread and reading everyone's stories. I was lucky enough to get overwhelmed quickly when I first started the addiction, and it didn't take long for me to purge my tiny collection as quickly as they built up.

Today I carried the last bag I bought a little over a month ago. I have one bag that I know I will purchase early this year, so that's one down :smile: but for the time being, I will just enjoy what I have.

Happy new year everyone!

Attachments

• 1388638071386.jpg
    1388638071386.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 510
I saw this bag in Macy's and it is gorgeous!

Thanks!

View attachment 2447591

Lovely! And you're definitely not the only one who isn't in love with the cles. I had a denim one for years that I used very rarely before I finally realized that the cles was just not for me.

So pretty!!!

Thanks!

Beautiful color!

Beautiful Madison to start the new year!

Thanks!

Love this thread and reading everyone's stories. I was lucky enough to get overwhelmed quickly when I first started the addiction, and it didn't take long for me to purge my tiny collection as quickly as they built up.

Today I carried the last bag I bought a little over a month ago. I have one bag that I know I will purchase early this year, so that's one down :smile: but for the time being, I will just enjoy what I have.

Happy new year everyone!

Beautiful!

Happy new year everyone!

What a beauty to start the year off!

Happy new year everyone!

Love the bag, cat, and overall picture :smile:

Thank you for all the lovely comments about my Violet (isn't it nice to have a thread that makes you appreciate what you have rather than making you want to run our and buy something new!) - here's a little butt shot :smile:
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1388642738.653841.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.