Question - For those in the UK who own a Burberry trench

neenabengals

Jan 16, 2008
Hello
I'm new here - I normally hang out on the jewellery and wardrobe forums.

I'm really interested in buying a Burberry trench sometime in 2014. I have wanted one for years but I live in the UK and I just dont know whether I would use it enough.... I wonder whether it would be too cold to wear in winter and too warm to wear in the summer?

I do actually have a packable burberry trench but the material is so thin, I never wear it. I would love to have one in a thicker fabric but it is such a lot of money, I would want to know that I would actually wear it, day in day out.

For those living in the UK, do you wear yours a lot? What seasons do you most wear it? Does it keep you warm? Is it worth it?

Hello
I'm new here - I normally hang out on the jewellery and wardrobe forums.

I'm really interested in buying a Burberry trench sometime in 2014. I have wanted one for years but I live in the UK and I just dont know whether I would use it enough.... I wonder whether it would be too cold to wear in winter and too warm to wear in the summer?

I do actually have a packable burberry trench but the material is so thin, I never wear it. I would love to have one in a thicker fabric but it is such a lot of money, I would want to know that I would actually wear it, day in day out.

For those living in the UK, do you wear yours a lot? What seasons do you most wear it? Does it keep you warm? Is it worth it?
I live in London and I wear my cotton gabardine trench over spring and autumn. It's somewhat waterproof and is useful for the wet weather. I usually start wearing it around March/April and stop around October. And usually there is a month or two during the summer when I don't need a trench because it's too warm, but it kinda depends on the year and what the weather gods throw at us. :biggrin: I'd say I get 4-5 months' use out of it per year.

What I love about the Burberry trench is the timeless and chic design, the mental ease of knowning that you can just grab it and go and know it'll look stylish. I love the style so much that just the other day I ended up buying a Burberry winter coat in the same classic trench style, and between the two I've pretty much got the whole year covered. :smile:

I live in London and I wear my cotton gabardine trench over spring and autumn. It's somewhat waterproof and is useful for the wet weather. I usually start wearing it around March/April and stop around October. And usually there is a month or two during the summer when I don't need a trench because it's too warm, but it kinda depends on the year and what the weather gods throw at us. :biggrin: I'd say I get 4-5 months' use out of it per year.

What I love about the Burberry trench is the timeless and chic design, the mental ease of knowning that you can just grab it and go and know it'll look stylish. I love the style so much that just the other day I ended up buying a Burberry winter coat in the same classic trench style, and between the two I've pretty much got the whole year covered. :smile:

Thanks for your comments. Thats a good idea to buy another in a thicker material for use in winter. I think I am going to go to Burberry and try on a few tomorrow. I cant decide on what colour I would prefer. I like either the honey or possibly the black (as I tend to wear mainly black and grey clothes) but from what you are saying, if they are more a spring autumn coat, then perhaps the honey colour is the way to go?

Thanks for your comments. Thats a good idea to buy another in a thicker material for use in winter. I think I am going to go to Burberry and try on a few tomorrow. I cant decide on what colour I would prefer. I like either the honey or possibly the black (as I tend to wear mainly black and grey clothes) but from what you are saying, if they are more a spring autumn coat, then perhaps the honey colour is the way to go?
I think it depends on your complexion so it would be worthwhile to try some on in the store. My lighter one is honey and the winter one is "camel", which is very close to honey. I'm an autumn so warmer colours tend to work better for me. Plus, as you said, if you're mostly wearing it for spring/autumn then having it in a neutral might be a bit more cheerful than black, possibly.

Hi Silversun
I tried on loads of Burberry trenches yesterday and loved 3 and went home with none.... as I couldnt decide.

I think out of all of them I preferred the Kensington which is knee length (the SA said this was called the classic trench). I was just wondering what you thought of your gaberdine trench - do you find it crinkles and creases easily and if yes, do the creases drop out? And also, I'm 5ft 5 and I cant decide if knee length is too long for me. Ideally I would be wanting something I can wear over dresses, skirts but also worn with trousers.

I am normally a UK 10 up top but found that the kensington in a UK8 fitted me best. Is that normal for a burberry coat (they are roomy?) I would hate to get the wrong size! Any advice much appreciated as always :smile:

Hi Silversun
I tried on loads of Burberry trenches yesterday and loved 3 and went home with none.... as I couldnt decide.

I think out of all of them I preferred the Kensington which is knee length (the SA said this was called the classic trench). I was just wondering what you thought of your gaberdine trench - do you find it crinkles and creases easily and if yes, do the creases drop out? And also, I'm 5ft 5 and I cant decide if knee length is too long for me. Ideally I would be wanting something I can wear over dresses, skirts but also worn with trousers.

I am normally a UK 10 up top but found that the kensington in a UK8 fitted me best. Is that normal for a burberry coat (they are roomy?) I would hate to get the wrong size! Any advice much appreciated as always :smile:

My personal 2 cents for what it's worth...

- No noticeable creasing issue for me, Burberry is definitely better than high street brands in that respect. But it's not 100% crease-free especially immediately after sitting. I think that's normal and unavoidable though, creases do shake out well after a little while.

- I think knee length is most versatile, personally. If you plan to wear skirts/dresses I think it can look a bit odd if the skirt hem is lower than the trench hem, so may not want it too short. As for trousers I think a slim leg works with any length trench.

- Think it depends on the style and varies from coat to coat, but my gaberdine is a generous sizing too. I usually wear a UK14 but found the UK12 trench fitted me best. Made me feel thin, bonus! :lol:

What colour did you like best?

My personal 2 cents for what it's worth...

- No noticeable creasing issue for me, Burberry is definitely better than high street brands in that respect. But it's not 100% crease-free especially immediately after sitting. I think that's normal and unavoidable though, creases do shake out well after a little while.

- I think knee length is most versatile, personally. If you plan to wear skirts/dresses I think it can look a bit odd if the skirt hem is lower than the trench hem, so may not want it too short. As for trousers I think a slim leg works with any length trench.

- Think it depends on the style and varies from coat to coat, but my gaberdine is a generous sizing too. I usually wear a UK14 but found the UK12 trench fitted me best. Made me feel thin, bonus! :lol:

What colour did you like best?

Honey! definitely in the knee length and black in the Marystow (mid length)

Thanks for the info on the creasing - I can cope with it if it comes out easily enough.

Haha, I know what you mean - I couldnt believe the 8 fit me! I havent been an 8 in anything in years! I'm going to sleep on it for a few days and see if the desire for a burberry trench is still as strong! I keep looking at the photos on the art of the trench website - everyone looks so chic :biggrin: