Madison Large Drawstring Shoulder Bag...

shminbabe

O.G.
Aug 12, 2012
…in Pinnacle Leather.

Anyone have this beautiful bag?

I'd love to hear how you use it.

I'm lusting after it. But I'm short and afraid this bag will wear me , and that I will be fighting with it to find my stuff inside.

I haven't taken it off display to try it yet. Also, it's pricey.

BUT IT IS SO GORGEOUS. :loveeyes:

…in Pinnacle Leather.

Anyone have this beautiful bag?

I'd love to hear how you use it.

I'm lusting after it. But I'm short and afraid this bag will wear me , and that I will be fighting with it to find my stuff inside.

I haven't taken it off display to try it yet. Also, it's pricey.

BUT IT IS SO GORGEOUS. :loveeyes:

I haven't used it yet but I just received thus and it is truly as stunning as I'd hoped...fabulous leather and details and I love the Coach tassels on some of the new styles! I read through the threads and am concerned about how heavy it will be loaded but it seems a bit lighter than my usual bags so I'm hopeful it will work out.

I'm usually a satchel girl but fell in love with the HC Phoebe but wanted something comparable but a bit less maintenance and this seems like a nice combination of dress up or down.

I'm also short at 5'3" and didn't feel overwhelmed so think you could definitely wear this one...just wear it with confidence! :smile:

Hoping you get some good feedback because I'm still a bit on the fence but definitely leaning towards cutting the tags and moving in. Let us know what you decide!

Oh, you have it? Keep it! It is really beautiful. Can you take a model pic for us (me!) ?

I'd love to know how it feels loaded up.

What color is yours?

I'll be at Coach tomorrow so I will try it on.

I also wanted the Carrie bag in the embossed croc leather.

I cannot have both!

(I really cannot have either, but…)

I have this bag in black. I love the beautiful, classic look of it--I think it's timeless and chic. I am 5'6" and it's definitely a big bag, but I love big bags! I think it just depends on what you are comfortable with--to me, if someone can rock a bag, it doesn't matter what size they are! This bag can be dressed up or down, the details are gorgeous and the leather is beautiful. I think it would help to keep things organized, like in cosmetic cases and such, since it is deep. That's what I do!

I am 5'9" tall and also like big bags, such as regular size Phoebe.
I tried this on in FP and it was comically large on me. (My husband said it looked like Santa's bag on me, lol. :lol:)
I usually pick bags that enhance outfit, this one actually took away from it IMO.
( Love my Carrie's , that size is perfect on me.)

I am 5'9" tall and also like big bags, such as regular size Phoebe.
I tried this on in FP and it was comically large on me. (My husband said it looked like Santa's bag on me, lol. :lol:)
I usually pick bags that enhance outfit, this one actually took away from it IMO.
( Love my Carrie's , that size is perfect on me.)

Santa's bag --> that's hilarious. Did you have the red one on?!

But I don't think at 5' 9" that it would be too large on you, really. If it's not your thing, I get that.

I'm 5' 1" and it overwhelms me. I want to get it but my head keeps saying, "What are you thinking?" And the duffel/drawstring style isn't my favorite bag to work with.

Like you, Carrie so far has pretty much been my perfect bag. Specifically, the black Carrie with gold hardware in Pinnacle pebbled leather.

I don't think they are making any more Carries are they?

Santa's bag --> that's hilarious. Did you have the red one on?!

But I don't think at 5' 9" that it would be too large on you, really. If it's not your thing, I get that.

I'm 5' 1" and it overwhelms me. I want to get it but my head keeps saying, "What are you thinking?" And the duffel/drawstring style isn't my favorite bag to work with.

Like you, Carrie so far has pretty much been my perfect bag. Specifically, the black Carrie with gold hardware in Pinnacle pebbled leather.

First let me say, such good taste you have ! Oh, black and gold- pebbled leather. I LOVE that combo on any bag !:love:
Wow, so funny you ask if I tried the red one. YES, I did (LOL) and finally ended up getting a scarlet Phoebe regular size.(Which I still wonder if too big for a red bag.) Returned scarlet Carrie because did not like leather on it. But I do love all of the kiss lock Carries. I was at FP recently and they showed me 2 new Carries, one taupe/tan color with python $758.00 and one twisted gathered peach color for $698 .00, I think. Both were beautiful !

I'm your height also, and the bag is large, but I don't feel it's too large for me. I'm sure the leather will soften up and the bag will snug against the body also.

I think it's all about what one likes/dislikes. I like longish hobo type bags, so I'm fine with the size of this one. I don't like large east/west bags on me, so I will often avoid those.

But it's all in how one carries it off, after all it is my/our bag, and if I like it I should use it and not worry about the size, color or anything else.