Seller hasn't posted tracking information for over 10 days

abbyrhode

O.G.
Oct 16, 2009
Hi everyone,

I wanted advice on what to do in the follow situation. I bought a YSL bag through the Buy It Now feature on December 6th. I hadn't heard anything from the seller by December 11th so I sent a message asking if the item had shipped and if I could have the tracking information. I got a response saying it would ship the next day. I asked the seller if shipping could be expedited because I was leaving for a few weeks on the 18th (which I didn't think would be a problem when I originally paid on the 6th).

The seller marked the item as shipped on eBay on the 12th but didn't upload tracking information. I asked if I could have the tracking info and if the bag would arrive before the 18th. The seller said it would arrive by the 16th and the tracking info would be up soon.

Yesterday the bag didn't arrive and I still don't have the tracking info. I asked again for the tracking info and the seller said I would get it today. As of right now I still do not have the tracking information or anything proving the item was shipped besides the fact the seller checked a box on eBay. I am not sure if I should open a dispute on eBay or Paypal if I don't get the bag by the end of today and the seller still hasn't posted the tracking information. I just seems odd there's no tracking information for a fairly expensive item.

I would go ahead and file a claim for INR to protect yourself, with paypal. Thats too long. You need to freeze the funds. This sounds bad. How was her feedback? Have you checked it on toolhaus? I would file a claim tonight. Light a fire. I dont like that shes stringing you along. If she cant prove tracking, at least you wont be out the money and the bag.

I still haven't received tracking information or the bag as of the end of today. I tried opening a claim on eBay but the seller listed December 12-20 as the estimated time of delivery so it won't let me officially open a complaint until then. I talked to eBay customer service and they said that I could open a complaint based on the lack of proof of shipment after the 20th but not until then.

I understand things get delayed, especially during the holiday season. I just don't understand why the seller kept saying the bag would arrive by today and she would provide tracking information if she didn't have time to do so. It's the fact she's not being upfront that is making me suspicious. I also didn't think there would be this much delay in shipping because when I previously asked the seller for the dimensions of the bag (because YSL made the style in different sizes), the seller said the bag was ready to ship and she didn't want to undo the packaging to measure. I should have taken that as a red flag but the seller had 100% feedback with a good number of recent transactions.

Packages have been delayed to the bad weather across the country, however,
your seller should provide the tracking # to you.

You don't have a choice but to wait until the 20th & open an INR
& leave appropriate feedback & her shipping stars should be dinged as well..

^Agree. The seller keeps putting you off for some reason, which is making me feel a little uneasy about this transaction. It shouldn't be that hard to upload tracking info OR if she hasn't shipped it yet, be honest and say she hasn't shipped it.

^Agree. The seller keeps putting you off for some reason, which is making me feel a little uneasy about this transaction. It shouldn't be that hard to upload tracking info OR if she hasn't shipped it yet, be honest and say she hasn't shipped it.
My guess is that the seller shipped without tracking but is afraid to admit it.

Aha! I didn't think of that, but that's a very likely option too. She's going to have to own up to it at some point though, if the package doesn't turn up. :nogood:[/QU
OTE]

If that is the case, the seller should be responsible enough to admit
her mistake.

It does happen but since the seller is not communicating anything ,
it is upsetting to the buyer..

So the seller finally uploaded tracking information on the 18th showing the package being picked up on December 16th and arriving at my apartment on December 19th. I asked for the package to arrive by the 18th or to change shipping addresses because I was leaving for the holidays. My landlady was gracious enough to say she would look for it and hold it for me until I get back so it's not just sitting out unattended, but I won't actually be able to check whether the item was as described until I get back in January.

Today I received a message from the seller saying the package "arrived before the deadline" and asking me to leave positive feedback. I sent two messages explaining that I needed the package to arrive by December 18th or change shipping addresses and the seller even replied she was sure it would get there "before the 18th." Unless she misread "December" as "January," I have no idea why she's saying her package arrived in time.

Is it unreasonable of me to leave neural or negative feedback (assuming the bag is as described, which I won't actually know until I get back . . .)? I want to be understanding that things get delayed during the holiday season, and maybe it was unreasonable of me to expect it to arrive by the 18th. But I bought the bag ten delivery days before I left and communicated on the 11th we needed to work something out if she hadn't shipped the item yet. I don't think it's unreasonable for me to be annoyed it took so long for the bag to ship and the seller's lack of communication. I also think it's slightly annoying the seller is asking for positive feedback after I tried to politely explain why it wasn't just the delay in shipping I was annoyed with, but the lack of communication.

I don't think you're being unreasonable at all. You purchased and paid a week before leaving to go away and communicated it to the seller. The fact that it wasn't shipped until 5 days after you'd purchased indicates that the seller either ignored, didn't read or didn't care about your request. (Even if she couldn't get it out on time, she should have communicated with you.)

I would ignore her requests for feedback (at least for now) and wait until you return to examine it. At that time, you can decide whether to leave feedback and what type of feedback.

, You absolutely have a right to be annoyed compounded by the fact your seller
is asking you to leave feedback. I'd ignore all her e-mails until the bag is in your
hands & you have a chance to look it over.

I would leave a neutral feedback (unless you have a major issue) & ding her on
her communication & shipping stars.

This seller had no regard for your request, did not answer your e-mails in a timely
manner & did not provide shipping info which is basic seller 101..

Ugh, so I was going to let this go with no feedback but the seller messaged me again today asking if I liked the bag and if I would be interested in any other bags she would be listing soon.

The bag was as described for the most part and authentic so I did not want to make a big deal out of the shipping delay. However, I did notice that the priority mail label on the package was dated December 16th even though the seller said she shipped the item on December 12th. I know there were a lot of delays during the holidays, but even if the package was dropped off on the 12th and sat at the post office until the 16th, the label should still say December 12th, right? Whenever I send something priority mail, the label is printed out and put on the day I pay and leave the package at the post office.

Unless I am missing something, it seemed like the seller lied about shipping the package on the 12th (and that it would arrive by the 16th). I do not really want to confront her about it, but she seems very oblivious to why this transaction was frustrating on my end. She keeps focusing on the delay, when I kept telling her it was the lack of communication that was troublesome.

Ugh, so I was going to let this go with no feedback but the seller messaged me again today asking if I liked the bag and if I would be interested in any other bags she would be listing soon.

The bag was as described for the most part and authentic so I did not want to make a big deal out of the shipping delay. However, I did notice that the priority mail label on the package was dated December 16th even though the seller said she shipped the item on December 12th. I know there were a lot of delays during the holidays, but even if the package was dropped off on the 12th and sat at the post office until the 16th, the label should still say December 12th, right? Whenever I send something priority mail, the label is printed out and put on the day I pay and leave the package at the post office.

Unless I am missing something, it seemed like the seller lied about shipping the package on the 12th (and that it would arrive by the 16th). I do not really want to confront her about it, but she seems very oblivious to why this transaction was frustrating on my end. She keeps focusing on the delay, when I kept telling her it was the lack of communication that was troublesome.

I'm a little torn here. You keep saying it was the lack of communication, but the only things that you focus on in your post have to do with when the package was shipped. I also don't think it's fair to penalize the seller for not expediting the package when you didn't ask for that until after you'd bought it.

HOWEVER, what did it list as her handling time in the listing (not estimated delivery, but handling time). She shipped on the 7th business day after the close of the auction, so if her listing said it takes __ to 7 business days, she's still within her shipping time. If it was anything sooner than that + she fudged about when she shipped it, I'd consider sending a brief, polite email that explains your frustrations. If she responds positively, you might let it go. If she doesn't respond or doesn't seem to care, you can make a decision about feedback then. (Esp. because you say, "described for the most part", which may mean she left out details there too.)

HOWEVER, what did it list as her handling time in the listing (not estimated delivery, but handling time). She shipped on the 7th business day after the close of the auction, so if her listing said it takes __ to 7 business days, she's still within her shipping time. If it was anything sooner than that + she fudged about when she shipped it, I'd consider sending a brief, polite email that explains your frustrations. If she responds positively, you might let it go. If she doesn't respond or doesn't seem to care, you can make a decision about feedback then. (Esp. because you say, "described for the most part", which may mean she left out details there too.)
I think she did (seemingly) fudge the shipping date however, in the OP's post #3, she stated, "I tried opening a claim on eBay but the seller listed December 12-20 as the estimated time of delivery so it won't let me officially open a complaint until then. I talked to eBay customer service and they said that I could open a complaint based on the lack of proof of shipment after the 20th but not until then."

Without having seen the listing, I can't say for sure what the handling time was that she stated, but based on that estimated delivery date, it sounds as though there is a long handling time. So while she might have stretched her allotted shipping, it was still delivered by the outside date given.