Symbolic Jewelery

Docjeun

Sep 15, 2012
I'm interested in this, people of different nationalities or religions, customs, good luck, health, etc.
What type of pieces they are, what they are made of, what they signify and any other information about them.

Just for an example, Julie Chen, who is a talk show host wears beaded bracelets all the time, or at least whenever I've seen her on television, she also wears evil eye jewelery and a red string on her left hand. I would love to know what they signify to her and where she buys them(especially the beaded). I have my own ideas but wonder if anyone else has any input on this subject. I guess I notice what she wears since her style is my style in most cases.

I wear evil eye jewelry all my life, since I was a newborn. My parents put an evil eye bracelet on my hands to protect from evil. It's like a must have in my culture.

I wear a St Christopher medallion as do both of my children. It is for protection when we leave the house. I also wear the Italian Horn.. It's similar to the evil eye.. It wards off the bad mojo.
I am Italian.

I think in certain Asian cultures women are given/wear bangles. And also for Cubans depending on what part they are from they wear bangles that signify how long they have been together with their husbands. I particularly love my evil eye bracelet and will def treat my children to them as well. Awesome meaning and I love that so many cultures encompass this symbol.

I was born Catholic in a predominantly Catholic country. My parents are highly devout. It's normal to see cross pendant necklaces and crucifixion pendants. Most elderly women and men wear scapular. Rosaries as jewelry are also very common, like rosary necklaces, bracelets and even rings. These are made from wood, beads, crystals and for the affluent, semi precious stones like amethyst, onyx and such.

I wear a silver Celtic cross and gold Miraculous Medal, both on a single gold chain. My older son gave me the Celtic cross. He got it for me when he went to Ireland. I am a Catholic convert.

Before becoming Catholic, when I was Protestant, I wore a cross.

What a great thread!

Miraculous Medal

P.S. I had both the cross and the MM blessed by a priest.

I wear a St Christopher medallion as do both of my children. It is for protection when we leave the house. I also wear the Italian Horn.. It's similar to the evil eye.. It wards off the bad mojo.
I am Italian.

I didn't know exactly what symbolism was behind the Italian Horn, and now I do...thanks! I've had a 14K YG one forever and got it because I just liked the design, but it's cool to know there's an actual meaning behind it too.

I didn't know exactly what symbolism was behind the Italian Horn, and now I do...thanks! I've had a 14K YG one forever and got it because I just liked the design, but it's cool to know there's an actual meaning behind it too.

It actually wards off the evil eye.. I think I had one pinned to my onesie hours after I was born! My Italian great grandmothers were big believers in the evil eye.. Both in giving it and warding it off!! Lol

I wear an Evil eye bracelet everyday along with a black silk & yellow gold chain braided bracelet clasped with a jade toggle. The Evil eye to ward off ..... Well, evil and jade also carries protective properties. My one daughter wears a necklace with a Guardian Angel, Evil Eye and a Hamsa. :smile: she is triple protected. She has Special Needs and has worn it for a very long time. Once her chain broke during the school day & all three charms were lost but after a few days all three were found while her bus was being swept.

I wear an Evil eye bracelet everyday along with a black silk & yellow gold chain braided bracelet clasped with a jade toggle. The Evil eye to ward off ..... Well, evil and jade also carries protective properties. My one daughter wears a necklace with a Guardian Angel, Evil Eye and a Hamsa. :smile: she is triple protected. She has Special Needs and has worn it for a very long time. Once her chain broke during the school day & all three charms were lost but after a few days all three were found while her bus was being swept.

I'd say she was definitely well protected to have them returned to her!