Secondhand bargains, let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thrift gods called me yesterday. Always listen to the thrift gods! Both mint condition. ;)

TSE Cashmere sweater $12

Hermes cashmere shell $9

View attachment 2428881 View attachment 2428882

Wow hermes anything is an amazing find!! Congrats

Fabulous! Looks real to me. Makes me want to take a class just to carry books in this bag. What is it with the gals in Houston & their disposable Hermes bags? You are supposed to keep Hermes forever. What are you up to now, 4???

What gorgeous stuff. Great pieces & great prices. I love orange AND beading, so that CMV is TDF!

Amazing! Vintage tags, but it looks so modern. I love the designers ahead of their time.

My heart skipped a beat...those Chloe boots are gorgeous. And I bet that jacket is cute on. So much of Armani is too boxy, but this looks like it has great shape.
Yes I agree about the Armani, it's very form fitting though, I actually just realized that most of my Armani is collezioni, i think its his more youthful edgy line, lots of assymetrical And hiper clothes. I normally would buy this jacket cause I stick to more edgy stuff but ok out of work clothes and thought this was perfect!!

I miss my boy who Beau replaced and it's been almost 4years. This boy is a sweetie too, but total opposite of his predecessor. Bear would never lay on his back, Beau is always sleeping on his back, Bear loved being the baby, Beau wants to be " big cheese " and it sometimes leads to trouble with his older sis. It's funny how they are have such different personalities, just like kids I guess!View attachment 2428192View attachment 2428194Beau by the refrigerator, his fav spot in the house!
So yummi!!! You just want to give them q big hug!!!!

Here are two of my three loveys. This shot makes me laugh because part of the day is spent chasing each other and growling and fighting! :smile:
Awwww how sweet is that!!

A little while back I purchased two Hermes messenger bags for $5.99 each. I couldn't believe they were authentic, because I have never seen the bags and Hermes thread does not authenticate. Well, I saw bags just like my bags....tell me what you think?
http://
i definitely think they are real, never saw a messenger but the totes look identical. Also the fact that they are uncommon prove that they are probably not a replica!

I got a vintage Chloé jacket! 27.50 at Crossroads but I had my trade credit so it's like it was free said:
You have such a cool sense of style! Love chloe!

What great finds! I would love to wear the Valvo.

I couldn't find Laz' quote but man that Marc valvo is amazing! Not just the beading but everything about it!!! Great job Laz! Now you are ready to go to the queens party!!!!

Wow love both, but that Celine coat was found at the perfect time! Fierce!!!

Expensive thrifting today but I rarely thrift on a weekday or this location and I needed some relatively cheap retail therapy.

The cashier was nice enough to ask another customer for their discount card so at least all the pricy study was an extra 25% off. Here's some of my designer finds.

First up another pair of jbrands!!!! Capris. But regular pants to me. Haha. 5.74
View attachment 2429371

This is pricey. And going to eBay. Or crossroads. We'll see.
View attachment 2429372View attachment 2429373

Also going on eBay because they're not my size. I couldn't leave these there tho. Practically brand new and barely and wear on the soles.
View attachment 2429375View attachment 2429378

Not designer and not the best pic but I kinda liked this shirt. Pretty gold design. Came to 5.99
View attachment 2429379

And one more to come shortly.

Nice finds, I also have a ferragamo skirt that is too small for me, they don't let us try on clothes at the thrift so I take my chances! Lol!!

I'm afraid that might be logistically near impossible (lol) I'd need a much wider wide-angle lens...and I'd need to send my hubby out of the house for a few hours!

I was thinking the same thing! You should definitely try! It would be an awesome pic to have if you decide to part with several of them!

Thank you!

I would say at around 4-5 mos, that's when they start becoming curious and wanting to crawl.

My baby was 4 wks early and weighed 8.8 lbs.... She was the biggest baby in the NICU (we joked that she looked like she ate the other babies lol) and she has been in a different milestone schedule than my other 2. However I have noticed that once she gets there she masters that skill very quickly.

She came a month earlier as well. I was 36+2 pregnant but I had IUGR due to my aPL syndrome. So she was indeed smaller than her gestional age. She was 2315g / 44 cm at birth. This morning she was 5200g.
Do you ladies have any idea at what age they start grabbing items (toys, etc) and putting them in their mouth? She's not doing it yet. She has interest in lights, musics, etc. She likes her toys but has not interest in grabbing them yet.
I read that babies that had IUGR can have growth and motor skills delay, as well as behavioral issues... I'm a bit worried.

Chiming in here as another parent of a preemie baby. My first born was 4 weeks early and weighed only 3pounds 7 ounces! Yikes, I did not even know babies came that small ;) By 1 years old we stopped adjusting his gestational age. He was caught up. He did have many food allergies and asthma until school age.

BUT .....

He is now 15 years old, 6 foot 1, class Valedictorian and eats me out of house and home :lol:

Long time lurker (like a year++) and I am always amazed and excited by everyone's finds. Since discovering this fun thread, you've all inspired me to join the hunt. So after months and months of lurking, I shall share today's finds.

My main errand was to go to Crossroads and be rid of some clothes. What an awesome experience compared to BE!!! I'm lucky if I walk out with $5 in credit. So imagine my delight when I walked out with $90 in cash annnnd I scored my first pair of JBrand jeans. 😁 Granted not nearly as cheap as you all have found but for a short girl like me, perfect jeans are hard to come by.

Since I had credit, it's like free right? View attachment 2424248

Nice jeans. I bought some J Brand on eBay for around 40, but they don't fit yet. Boo! They're my goal pants now.

I was minding my own business when the thrift started calling me ...

"On a Tuesday!? With ... no sales? And no ... coupons? Are you crazy!?"

So I went in and started to dig. And found nothing. It got so desperate I even took some of their free coffee. I drank and shopped ...

...... Then it started to rain.

Carmen Marc Valvo

Because I'm in a hurricane of amazing beaded pieces ...

$2 ... could you DIE!?

Jones New York silk and cotton dress ... pretty ... gorgeous construction ... $2

$2 ... amazing skirt ... you should see the retail on her stuff ...

Laura Byrnes Pinup Black label ... $2 ... velvet dress ... divine!

Awesome finds.

She came a month earlier as well. I was 36+2 pregnant but I had IUGR due to my aPL syndrome. So she was indeed smaller than her gestional age. She was 2315g / 44 cm at birth. This morning she was 5200g.
Do you ladies have any idea at what age they start grabbing items (toys, etc) and putting them in their mouth? She's not doing it yet. She has interest in lights, musics, etc. She likes her toys but has not interest in grabbing them yet.
I read that babies that had IUGR can have growth and motor skills delay, as well as behavioral issues... I'm a bit worried.
I have a friend who's baby was born 27th pregnancy week, he's was 1700g, now he is 5 years old now and there are no issues. I think these things in development you are talking about should happen around 4 months of age.

Around 4 months is when they start doing that. I know it's hard, but don't worry too much. Check out a website and book called The Wonder Weeks. I loved it!

From last night's thrift adventure...
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1386991233.284002.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1386991215.219630.jpg
I actually paid 11.24. So exciting. To keep or not keep is the question. I originally thought it was a cape (didn't bother trying it on at the store - was simply too excited to uncover it) but it's still cute. Actually looks like this.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1386991341.851016.jpg

I have a question for you ladies. Do you dry clean the coats and jackets you thrift or can I just throw it in the dryer on medium heat for a bit?

From last night's thrift adventure...
View attachment 2430533
View attachment 2430532
I actually paid 11.24. So exciting. To keep or not keep is the question. I originally thought it was a cape (didn't bother trying it on at the store - was simply too excited to uncover it) but it's still cute. Actually looks like this.
View attachment 2430535

I have a question for you ladies. Do you dry clean the coats and jackets you thrift or can I just throw it in the dryer on medium heat for a bit?

Oh yay! I work for zac!!

Status
Not open for further replies.