Secondhand bargains, let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm too weighed down! Someone come lift up the beads!

I was excited to see CMV again, I found a dress by him back last year. Beautiful white cream lace.

Actually ... that was almost exactly a year ago! Crazy!

Gorgeous!

She's going fine, thank you! She's 3 months now (adjusted age 2 months) and she's 5100g now. We went for her first shots the other day and you could not tell she is a premature baby (comparing her to the other babies that were there). The doc said she's so long! :heart: Her dad is taking the credit for that. LOL She's all smiles and she started "talking"... she says "gaaaaah" all the time. Now she just needs to start grabbing objects (not seems very interested for now).
Can't wait to hunt for secondhand bargains again!!!

Aww! :biggrin:

The thrift gods called me yesterday. Always listen to the thrift gods! Both mint condition. ;)

TSE Cashmere sweater $12

View attachment 2428880

Hermes cashmere shell $9

View attachment 2428881 View attachment 2428882

I literally gasped when I saw that coat. Ah-mazing. The Jimmy Choos are great too! :smile:

I was minding my own business when the thrift started calling me ...

"On a Tuesday!? With ... no sales? And no ... coupons? Are you crazy!?"

So I went in and started to dig. And found nothing. It got so desperate I even took some of their free coffee. I drank and shopped ...

...... Then it started to rain.

Carmen Marc Valvo

Because I'm in a hurricane of amazing beaded pieces ...

$2 ... could you DIE!?

Jones New York silk and cotton dress ... pretty ... gorgeous construction ... $2

$2 ... amazing skirt ... you should see the retail on her stuff ...

Laura Byrnes Pinup Black label ... $2 ... velvet dress ... divine!

What an amazing haul! Congratulations!

Love the CMV dress! :smile:

Expensive thrifting today but I rarely thrift on a weekday or this location and I needed some relatively cheap retail therapy.

The cashier was nice enough to ask another customer for their discount card so at least all the pricy study was an extra 25% off. Here's some of my designer finds.

First up another pair of jbrands!!!! Capris. But regular pants to me. Haha. 5.74
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1386906431.949169.jpg

This is pricey. And going to eBay. Or crossroads. We'll see.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1386906522.466093.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1386906536.881595.jpg

Also going on eBay because they're not my size. I couldn't leave these there tho. Practically brand new and barely and wear on the soles.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1386906623.848130.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1386906636.883202.jpg

Not designer and not the best pic but I kinda liked this shirt. Pretty gold design. Came to 5.99
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1386906705.816086.jpg

And one more to come shortly.

A little while back I purchased two Hermes messenger bags for $5.99 each. I couldn't believe they were authentic, because I have never seen the bags and Hermes thread does not authenticate. Well, I saw bags just like my bags....tell me what you think?
http://

I learned the hard way that this style is faked. Sometimes at least. Bought a fake accidentally off poshmark. But as soon as I saw it in real life it was easy to tell it was fake based on mismatched zippers and bad stitching and fishy materials (smelled n
Funny. Not fishy. But plasticky. Lol). After some convincing seller agreed to refund.

Part 2 of $5 items. More dresses!

Alberta Ferretti dress.
View attachment 2418468 View attachment 2418469

Phillip Lim 3.1 cashmere cardi. Too big, may have to belt it. Ella Moss silk dress.

View attachment 2418470 View attachment 2418471

Vince cotton dress. Vince knit dress.
View attachment 2418472 View attachment 2418473

Diane Von Furstenburg silk knit dress. Yea, I look like I was poured into it.
View attachment 2418474 View attachment 2418475

Loeffler Randall dress.
View attachment 2418477

Those $5 finds are unbelievable! So many great finds all at once.

Hey Ladies,

Over Thanksgiving I went to Unclaimed Baggage with my family and I scored a Celine Luggage Tote and a Saint Laurent Y-Clutch (prices shown on tags). I'm not sure if I should keep them or give them as Christmas presents. I'm really torn! View attachment 2418616View attachment 2418617View attachment 2418618

Gorgeous! That clutch is such a beautiful colour.

I just about blew my (cheapo thrifty) shopping budget on this one a few days ago...a 2006 Coach Chelsea Pebbled Leather Turnlock - with a dustbag - for $44.99 after a $15 off coupon! Looks like she spent the last 7 years IN the dustbag.

Then yesterday I hit the Coach trifecta...pics after the sun comes up and they're authenticated. I think I have to stay home for a while :sad:

Please, please, please post a picture of your entire collection! I'm so amazed you find something every week.

At a thrift store near my house I scored a vintage Versace backpack in fabulous condition for $40!

Pretty, love the hardware!

I pretty much went thrift shopping wild over the Holiday. Two big shopping trips on Black Friday. I am officially much faster now! I was in and out of both shops in 3.5 hours which is fast for me ... I was there at the door waiting at Goodwill. It was cold and raining and a nice lady shared her umbrella with me! Gotta love thrifters!

Beaded Jacket Ricco Antonio ... $3

It's posititvely encrusted with beads! I bet it weighs 5 pounds. There's a tiny repair I need to do on it at the back sleeve. The sleeve is split a bit and needs a hand sewing job and I'm just the girl!

trina turk, I was really pleased to find this. Long sleeves. Silk. Love the style. This was a goodwill find ... $3 ...

silk ... so lovely ...

1970's Maxi dress ... $1! Happy! This is a great fit .. maxi dress .... and it is warm!

You guys know I LOVE vintage. I really do. Look at all these animals! That's a lot of animals! I'm off to a [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fondue
Party right? I bet they will make something with sprouts and eggplant ...

mink lined jacket

Cashmere! This was $3 and came with a skirt. The skirt is too small, so I might take off the trim and use it elsewear ... or ... I might make it into a hat ... you know how I am. And in other news, I didn't know Project Runway was about people making stuff out of ...nothing! I missed ... um ... 12 years!? LOL ... I feel a TV Project runway binge coming on .... I watched an episode where they made a design outta the pajamas they were wearing when that Tim Gunn character (he's insane) came running in with his pass key and made them all death march over to Parsons ...

(I didn't know! Feels like when I found out that The Tudors was that hot guy nearly naked running around yelling "I'm the King of England!")

[/FONT]

Love that maxi dress! That is some print. And that mink jacket is breathtaking.

This jacket is pure silk and is unbelievably beautiful ... it takes my breath away ... was $3

Elie Tahari

Unreal!

Dino Valiano Jacket ... made before the wall came down

I bought this for an inflated $6.50 just cause I loved it ... I like the color, the shape and the quiltedness .... Also ... I mean it was freezing that day says the person who buys too many jackets ...

Sinequanone Dress made n France ... this is going to be lovely in Spring

Black eyelet obsession ... I can wear a contrasting slip under this and it will be stunning. At the hem it has 4 layers of lace sewn into netting ... beautifully made ...

Sean Collection beaded dress for $3 ... another beaded piece that weighs aTON

I think it was beaded black Friday ...

That silk jacket...that beaded dress...and only THREE dollars each???? That's incredible!

Ok, so here's my Fendi. Unfortunately, it needs a lot of work. Also, here's my Marc Jacobs...that needs a little spot cleaning on the exterior. The interior is beautiful and it is quite heavy. I found a Marie St.John navy blue jumper and an 80's North Beach Leather vest. I found a few other things, all for $23.

Beautiful finds! Is the vest for you? It's pretty awesome!

Found some great thrift shop deals!

Petro Zillia silk dress $7.50. Corey Lynn Calter silk dress $7.50
View attachment 2425482 View attachment 2425483

Isabel De Pedro jacket $22.50. Noviello Bloom suit. It's hard to find short sleeve suits. $6.25
View attachment 2425484 View attachment 2425485

Nanette Lepore strapless silk dress 12.50. Loro Piana silk blouse $11.25
View attachment 2425486 View attachment 2425487

Alice & Olivia silk knit top $2
View attachment 2425488 View attachment 2425489

D & G Dolce & Gabbana skirt. I might have to stitch up the back slit! $15
View attachment 2425490

Citizens of Humanity jean skirt $7.50
View attachment 2425491

Love that jacket!!

Found some amazing stuff today! I love it when I find something I stalk on eBay! Found these from far away!
View attachment 2426874
I was just appreciating the amazing leather until I flipped it over and loooooook!!!!
View attachment 2426875
I can't believe I found a pair of new chloe boots! They have a distressed leather, it's a bit lighter than this but I just conditioned it so its a light brown. It's more of a taupe. Cost $7.99!

View attachment 2426883
Also found armani collezioni suit, half off so $7.50.
Also got splendid and lululemon!

Great finds! That suit looks recent. I do remember seeing one that looked very similar to that one.

I was minding my own business when the thrift started calling me ...

"On a Tuesday!? With ... no sales? And no ... coupons? Are you crazy!?"

So I went in and started to dig. And found nothing. It got so desperate I even took some of their free coffee. I drank and shopped ...

...... Then it started to rain.

Carmen Marc Valvo

Because I'm in a hurricane of amazing beaded pieces ...

$2 ... could you DIE!?

Jones New York silk and cotton dress ... pretty ... gorgeous construction ... $2

$2 ... amazing skirt ... you should see the retail on her stuff ...

Laura Byrnes Pinup Black label ... $2 ... velvet dress ... divine!

Those AREN'T sale prices???? That orange dress is amazing! What great finds.

Gorgeous Celine coat! I have the same one in off white.

That's great news! My brother was a premie, came a month early and was 6lb 8 oz. My Mom's OB/GYN said he would have been a linebacker if he had gone full term! I still remember massaging his scalp ( which was flat on one side ) and feet which were turned inward. He grew up to be incredible healthy and a strapping 6'5!

She came a month earlier as well. I was 36+2 pregnant but I had IUGR due to my aPL syndrome. So she was indeed smaller than her gestional age. She was 2315g / 44 cm at birth. This morning she was 5200g.
Do you ladies have any idea at what age they start grabbing items (toys, etc) and putting them in their mouth? She's not doing it yet. She has interest in lights, musics, etc. She likes her toys but has not interest in grabbing them yet.
I read that babies that had IUGR can have growth and motor skills delay, as well as behavioral issues... I'm a bit worried.

That's great news! My brother was a premie, came a month early and was 6lb 8 oz. My Mom's OB/GYN said he would have been a linebacker if he had gone full term! I still remember massaging his scalp ( which was flat on one side ) and feet which were turned inward. He grew up to be incredible healthy and a strapping 6'5!

My youngest daughter, now 28, was one month early and weighed 7 lbs 1 oz. Her little legs would SNAP up like a little frog. Wouldn't straighten out for a while. They became fine after time. No issues. I always wondered how much she would have weighed if she had gone to term! Oh my!

My sister had triplets and they weighed 2lbs to 3lbs and now they are 4 yrs. old and going to school.

Triplets! A blessing and a challenge at the same time I bet.

I especially love that coat.

Expensive thrifting today but I rarely thrift on a weekday or this location and I needed some relatively cheap retail therapy.

The cashier was nice enough to ask another customer for their discount card so at least all the pricy study was an extra 25% off. Here's some of my designer finds.

First up another pair of jbrands!!!! Capris. But regular pants to me. Haha. 5.74
View attachment 2429371

This is pricey. And going to eBay. Or crossroads. We'll see.
View attachment 2429372View attachment 2429373

Also going on eBay because they're not my size. I couldn't leave these there tho. Practically brand new and barely and wear on the soles.
View attachment 2429375View attachment 2429378

Not designer and not the best pic but I kinda liked this shirt. Pretty gold design. Came to 5.99
View attachment 2429379

And one more to come shortly.

Love

She came a month earlier as well. I was 36+2 pregnant but I had IUGR due to my aPL syndrome. So she was indeed smaller than her gestional age. She was 2315g / 44 cm at birth. This morning she was 5200g.
Do you ladies have any idea at what age they start grabbing items (toys, etc) and putting them in their mouth? She's not doing it yet. She has interest in lights, musics, etc. She likes her toys but has not interest in grabbing them yet.
I read that babies that had IUGR can have growth and motor skills delay, as well as behavioral issues... I'm a bit worried.

My memory, nilla, is around four months or so. I have a five week old grandson and I'll ask my daughter what she is reading about development if you'd like.

My youngest daughter, now 28, was one month early and weighed 7 lbs 1 oz. Her little legs would SNAP up like a little frog. Wouldn't straighten out for a while. They became fine after time. No issues. I always wondered how much she would have weighed if she had gone to term! Oh my!

My memory, nilla, is around four months or so. I have a five week old grandson and I'll ask my daughter what she is reading about development if you'd like.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.