Help me choose my Christmas present

curlsaloud

curlsaloud
O.G.
Dec 23, 2005
I'm going to ask Santa for a new handbag for Christmas and when I was in London recently I was pretty taken by the Coach store. Unfortunately I'm nowhere near it so I'm hoping you can all help!

I'm after an everyday bag, big enough to carry my ipad air (possibly with keyboard case), a large purse, sunnies, small umbrella, small makeup bag.

Colour wise - I'd love black violet, but also love teals, browns and black. Not bothered about hardware colour.

I love the look of the twist and the chevron leathers - so maybe a Madeline would be the way to go, but I love the twist Phoebe too, would the small size be big enough do you think? Or maybe one of the totes would be more sensible?

I think I'm popping down to London again for New Year so maybe it would be sensible to wait, or I could just get Santa to order a couple for me to choose :graucho:

Any other suggestions? Not really digging the borough, didn't see that IRL I don't think it was out when I was in London, but I think it just has too many compartments for me!

I honestly don't think the madeline or the phoebe would hold an ipad....maybe a Large sized Phoebe, but I can't be sure, and I think the natural shape of the bag wouldn't really allow for a comfortable fit, to be honest with you. Both bags are gorgeous, however, especially in the twisted or chevron styles, as you mentioned.

If you really want to carry an ipad, I suggest the Borough (which you weren't crazy about), or one of the lovely saffiano leather city totes. The city tote comes in Black Violet, I believe, and is a great everyday bag.

Let us know what you decide!

I have a medium size Madeline (not the small one) and I am able to fit an iPad in it.. It has to go on one of the outer edges where the Madeline has a bit higher height. I hope that helps.

I don't mind a few compartments, but borough looks like it has 5, plus extra pockets. I'd just end up forgetting which one I'd put my purse in - I have a bag like that now and it's annoying! Maybe the Phoebe isn't for me thinking about it.

I really like the legacy North/South, yes there are compartments, but the big front pocket makes it easy to see which side things are in. But it looks like that might be too small for an ipad too http://uk.coach.com/online/handbags...navCatId=5000000000000352317&viewType=viewall

I'm thinking the totes might be the way to go and the black violet is a beautiful colour. How huge is the one with the laptop slide compartment in it - what size laptop could it fit? Do wish bag manufacturers would include this important information in their descriptions!

http://uk.coach.com/online/handbags...navCatId=5000000000000352317&viewType=viewall

I got the e/w Madison Madeline satchel and it holds my ipad2 with a case with no problem! I attached a pic and my iPad is inside zipped in the pics on the left :smile: Annnnnnd and I still have lots of room for my daily stuff .... Large legacy wristlet, eyeglass case, large wallet, small leather pouches, keys, and room to spare. The one I have is about the size of the large regular leather Madeline's. Hope this helped....the n/s Madeline's are nice and tall and I'd imagine you'd have no problem with an iPad in that either :smile:
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1386945803.212814.jpg

Last edited:
I've ordered the Madeline in violet, should come tomorrow, so I'll post pics when she comes. Thanks for helping me decide. I have a feeling I'll end up wanting the twist leather one as well..... :biggrin: