A reveal and a weird SA situation...

Congratulations on the beautiful GP.
Regarding the SA, the bottom line is it's your money and your decision. Never let any SA in any store psych you into getting something you aren't sure you want. The answer to the question about why you want 2 things of the same color is "Because it is my collection."

I think you should just enjoy your purchases and consider getting a new SA since you don't seem to click with this one. If you noticed a change in every SAs attitude then your SA's change in attitude probably had nothing to do with you anyway- but it seems like you have other issues with her so just move on.

When I go into St. John or Chanel,(regardless of what I am buying) I get a glass of champagne (or a Martini), several baked treats/Macarons and an overstuffed chair. I feel comfortable,unrushed and unpressured. (I still dont know why Hermes doesn't do that).

I know many people have commented that they frequently feel rushed/pressured by Hermes SA's- luckily I don't usually get that feeling but I do agree that Hermes could/should do much more to take care of their customers! The only time I have been offered champagne at H has been at special events.

I know many people have commented that they frequently feel rushed/pressured by Hermes SA's- luckily I don't usually get that feeling but I do agree that Hermes could/should do much more to take care of their customers! The only time I have been offered champagne at H has been at special events.

You know what? You're absolutely right! When I went to LV the same day, they broke out the champagne. They always offer me tea, coffee, or water. Also, the manager came and sat with me to chat for about 20 minutes. Hermes doesn't do that, but I know they do have back rooms for customers because every now and then I'm hanging out at the counter, and then out of nowhere rushes a party of 10 all with Bolides and Birkins! Lol

congrats on your lovely red purchases! to a certain extent it sucks H people treat us regular customers that way. but i still love H because so far i'm treated nicely. not ott nice but just nice and that's enough for me.

I've seldom buy at LV but once i step in there i'm treated oh so nicely. Gucci too.

Last edited:
I wouldn't buy anything from an SA if I feel being pressurised by them but neither would I buy anything just because they offer me champagne. To me it’s just another sales tactic to pressure you into buying. I am happy to drink champagne at an event but in the store, I’d rather not drink anything (water or tea OK). I spend enough money when sober! I would only buy what I like and would not be swinged either way.

I think the SA was spreading the dogon love. Maybe that was how you got your first one--someone else didn't snap on it immediately. I don't think the store wants unusual or particularly desirable merchandise to get "shopworn." They want a done deal ASAP.

It is pressure. But I think you had a right to hesitate. That's what collectors do. They think about how some new piece will fit into their collection. They try to build a collection not just snatch at everything that comes their way.

There will be another dogon in your future. As you look at more dogons, I think you will get a better sense of what you really want from the get go in this wallet. Talking yourself into loving an item is not the same as having your heart sing when you first see it. I think the SA could tell you were ambivalent.

In a manner of speaking, the SA may have done you a favor by whisking it away. If you had gotten a new red one, you might have regretted it once some jazzy new color came around.

Nonetheless, you got a couple of lovely things despite the SA's attitude. Forget about her, she's no longer relevant to your decision-making.

I think you just need to be more assured of your status as a customer.
When I purchase something expensive or of a highly reputable brand, I make sure I get the service. I have the luxury of having 3 Hermes stores within walking distance. So if the SA does not match my expectation, I'll hop over to another branch.
The next time something like this happens, just ask the SA if something's wrong cos she looks upset. ;)

Firstly let me congratulate you on your new GP and MU, they are wonderful please wear and enjoy them fully without a second thought about the shop experience.

I LOVE the Dogon wallets too, I even have one in dark red. They are not normally the hottest item in the store but RG is a very popular colour and there could have been a 'queue' right behind you for the wallet. However, as your SA, she should have been candid and told you if there were other customers clamouring for it. Also, deciding to buy (or not) without seeing IRL first is not that usual whatever the item.

I'm not an impulsive shopper either, I like to consider and I'm suspicious of SAs who tell me that if I wanted it I'd know right away, blah blah blah. How would they know? I see French and Italian women considering a twilly for hours, why not? Totally their prerogative. French SAs can be unbearably snooty in the S. France but the customers are totally matchless.

My SA is fabulous, I agree, find another. Not only buy what pleases you, but only buy in the way that pleases you.

Congratulations again :biggrin:

I wouldn't buy anything from an SA if I feel being pressurised by them but neither would I buy anything just because they offer me champagne. To me it’s just another sales tactic to pressure you into buying. I am happy to drink champagne at an event but in the store, I’d rather not drink anything (water or tea OK). I spend enough money when sober! I would only buy what I like and would not be swinged either way.

:lol::lol::lol:...No kidding!!!.

Don't feel pressed to purchase everything that your SA recommends. You know yourself best and what works for you. I hope you enjoy your GP. It is a workhorse bag but if the color doesn't sing to you, then let your SA know and hopefully you can exchange another color that you truly love.

Firstly let me congratulate you on your new GP and MU, they are wonderful please wear and enjoy them fully without a second thought about the shop experience.

I LOVE the Dogon wallets too, I even have one in dark red. They are not normally the hottest item in the store but RG is a very popular colour and there could have been a 'queue' right behind you for the wallet. However, as your SA, she should have been candid and told you if there were other customers clamouring for it. Also, deciding to buy (or not) without seeing IRL first is not that usual whatever the item.

I'm not an impulsive shopper either, I like to consider and I'm suspicious of SAs who tell me that if I wanted it I'd know right away, blah blah blah. How would they know? I see French and Italian women considering a twilly for hours, why not? Totally their prerogative. French SAs can be unbearably snooty in the S. France but the customers are totally matchless.

My SA is fabulous, I agree, find another. Not only buy what pleases you, but only buy in the way that pleases you.

Congratulations again :biggrin:

You're probably right. I was surprised when I got my first Dogon. It was sitting there waiting for me to grab it. I'm ready for my next Dogon!