Experience shipping to USA from Lindelepalais?

Mar 5, 2006
Also known as lindestore.com I have an order on its way to me, and the website says the price included "duties and taxes." Shipping was free and 2-day - pretty nice.

But they've shipped it UPS, and I've heard horror stories about UPS "brokerage fees" and customs bills delivered with the package at the door. (Not from Linde, but in general.) I think it depend son which UPS service they use, but my tracking says they used "UPS Express Saver," which is a service that only applies to Canada! (I'm in the US), hence adding to my confusion.

Has anyone in the US bought anything from Linde - and if so, how did it go?

I hope my bag doesn't come with a huge bill!

Also known as lindestore.com I have an order on its way to me, and the website says the price included "duties and taxes." Shipping was free and 2-day - pretty nice.

But they've shipped it UPS, and I've heard horror stories about UPS "brokerage fees" and customs bills delivered with the package at the door. (Not from Linde, but in general.) I think it depend son which UPS service they use, but my tracking says they used "UPS Express Saver," which is a service that only applies to Canada! (I'm in the US), hence adding to my confusion.

Just wanted to see how your experience with Ups and Linde ended up! I just placed an order and wanted to know what to expect. Thanks!

They were great! No duties or anything! (Although I'm not sure how returns would work - don't think I'd buy anything I wasn't sure about).

Thanks for your response'. I have a package being delivered today. Customs and duties are supposed to be included but when tracking, it has already been through 3 clearance brokerages which always makes me nervous as they are usually the ones who bill me extra.

They arrived yesterday....heavy as a bag of concrete(glad shipping was free!) but beautifully packaged! They fit to perfection and the sale price was too tempting to pass up.

Now I'm just hoping I don't get hit with Brokerages fees a month or so down the road.

Don't worry about those "brokerages." I saw them, too, but there were no issues.

Thanks for your reply.....,That is very good to know!:flowers:

I didn't have to pay anything either.

Does UPS usually send bills in the mail? I hope not.

Thanks for chiming in too, love chanel:hugs: I appreciate the intel!

I had Fedex bill me twice....once for a pair of YSL tributes and then for a pair of Celine sunnies. Both were less than $100 but I hate for unexpected bills to cut into the mad money:P....especially during sale season!

Thanks for your reply.....,That is very good to know!:flowers:

Thanks for chiming in too, love chanel:hugs: I appreciate the intel!

I had Fedex bill me twice....once for a pair of YSL tributes and then for a pair of Celine sunnies. Both were less than $100 but I hate for unexpected bills to cut into the mad money:P....especially during sale season!

Slightly off topic, but how's MatchesFashion with DHL? I opted out of including duties. Should I expect some fees?

Slightly off topic, but how's MatchesFashion with DHL? I opted out of including duties. Should I expect some fees?

I ordered from matches last sale season and chose to include duties because it was only $20 on a $500 purchase. I got taxed a few years ago for a $200 bag being shipped from France. DHL sent me a letter 2 months after I received the bag saying I owed them $40 for customs. So the duties matches charged seemed like a better deal than what I might have to pay later.
But from what my post man was telling me, he thinks they pick and choose who to tax so I'm not sure if you will be or not.

I have ordered from them a few times and never had been taxed. Then I ordered the YSL Tributes and got hit with a bill from FEdEx. It was all brokerage fees which was so irritating. But this was 3or 4yrs ago so perhaps they have streamlined that now as I did not have an option to pay them upfront back then.

Has anyone else opted out of paying duty fees upfront with Matches? Did the fees you paid after end up being less or more than paying duty upfront?

Btw I've shopped at Linde before (I'm in the US) and they were great. I received a damaged item and they refunded me no questions asked.

Has anyone else opted out of paying duty fees upfront with Matches? Did the fees you paid after end up being less or more than paying duty upfront?

Btw I've shopped at Linde before (I'm in the US) and they were great. I received a damaged item and they refunded me no questions asked.

Just received a bill from DHL for Matches. I think there's an extra $6 or $7 for paying later, but then again, maybe it will be a total miss for them and you luck out not paying anything.

Hi! I'm aware that this is an old post but I was wondering how much your bag cost? I bought a bag from Japan and my seller also used UPS Express Saver. I just don't want to get hit with exorbitant fees either. Thank you!