Evercolor Leather

Eric_Birkin

Feb 25, 2012
Dear all,

A bastia coin purse in leather type 'evercolour' recently caught my attention. I know that this is a new leather and just wondering if you have any opinions on this leather? Does it age well (compare to mysore, epsom etc.)? Does it feel soft and luxurious?

Thanks in advance for your insights!

It is just issued for a few months and I m not sure if it ages easily. My Lindy is in evercolour and it is light and scratch resistant.

+1

Also, it is more structured than Clemence (I also have a Lindy in Evercolor), but definitely not as structured as Chev or Box. It also seems fairly water resistant - I got stuck in the rain with mine once, and the drops just wiped off (the second I was so where dry! haha!)

I heard other bags and Birkins are going to be coming in this leather - and I'm excited to see! :biggrin:

Reactions: llviolet
oh my gosh thank you so much for these very helpful pics tammywks!!! it looks like a nice leather!

You are welcome, carlinha.

Got offered a Lindy 26 Crevette with ghw recently, but passed on it just because I wanna have a L 26 made of Evercolor instead of Clemence. Though the price tag of a L in Clemence is slightly cheaper than a L in Evercolor or Swift, I'm still obsessed with Evercolor's lightweightness and scratch resistance.

Thanks for the comparison! I was not aware that UV came in evercolour. I just bought a UV Lindy and though the receipt says Veau Swift, it looks just like your UV evercolour with smallish fine grains. It's strange isn't it!