Sarah wallet

gabz

O.G.
Jun 20, 2007
Ugh so my Sarah I bought in late July is cracked a tiny bit.

Should I bother getting this repaired right now? Closest store is 2.5 hrs away so I would have to pay to send it to them. What should I do?
Thx

Purses tend to get quite a lot of wear because they are opened so much and are usually in a bag where other things might come into contact with them (like keys etc) so it depends on if you think it will get worse? Or if you think further wear may happen in the next 3-6 months. If the store is a little far out and it's only a little repair job that needs doing why not wait until you're going that way anyway? :smile:

Do it right away before the canvas actually cracks. Like tomorrow. Once the canvas cracks (and it won't be long), it's completely in repairable no matter how much you are willing to pay. I'm guessing if you take or now, they'll replace it. That's worth the trip. Put on a few Cheryl Crow CDs and your sunnies. Road trip!!

Thx i am shipping to LV in quebec tomorrow (insured) we have a 7 month old so a rd trip in the winter wouldnt be fun! I spke the sa there and he said they dont replace but will repair so it will be like new

You know, this is what happened to my Sarah as well. It is very normal wear and tear on this particular wallet (mine was only 4 weeks old when this happened.) The canvas will NOT crack based on what I see in the picture. You can wait few weeks (you have a whole year to repair it for free) or you can take it in and they will reglaze it for free. Mine looked better after reglazing than when it was new.

Sorry my first Sarah wallet glazing randomly peeled like an inch on the side after 7 months and they replaced. I'd get it fixed as soon as you can. My second one has had a tiny crack in glazing where it bends open but has not gotten bigger in the last year and half. Must be common issue. Good luck with repair.

I would just call your boutique. You can mail it in for repair.

Please don't listen to things like "you have a whole year and they will reglaze it for free." This is patently untrue. LV has no written or true warranty.

While some boutiques are more lenient than others (especially if you have a good relationship with an SA), there is no hard fast rule. I've seen people get charged for reglazing in as little as 3-4 months.

There is absolutely no rule that says they reglaze wallets free for the whole first year. That's just not true in any way shape or form. My best friend is an LV SA. This just isn't true.

Different boutiques and states and countries handle things differently and it can be different at the very same boutique depending on the customer and her buying history.

Just call your SA if it's far. I've mailed items to my boutique for repair before. I honestly wouldn't let this go a long time. And seriously, the longer it goes, the more likely they are to say its "normal wear and tear" and charge for the repair. Just be sweet and give them a call. You shouldn't have any problem.

And to anyone that thinks LV has a years warranty, that question is easily answered. Ask your SA or LV manager for a copy of their warranty in writing. You will find there is no such thing. Used to be 20 years ago, but it's long a thing of the past so please don't count on incorrect information from people that might not know the truth when considering repairs. Sooner is always better than later in terms of both customer service response and pricing.

LV does not have a warranty on their bags or any other items. Sometimes unscrupulous SAs have been known to verbally skirt around and imply that to make a sale. Again, some advice from a paralegal, if you want to know about their "warranty," ask for a copy. There just isn't any such thing. If there was, they would happily provide you with a copy. It frustrates me as the friend of an SA to hear people tell people this because I hate for people to count on it then and then be disappointed when or if they get charged for repairs. It's totally up to the SA and the boutique and they are really cracking down on free repairs. SAs get in trouble if they allow too many free repairs now.

So be proactive when you have a problem. If you act quickly you can often get things repaired or reglazed free, but there is no rule or requirement that they have to, so a smile and quick action is always so helpful. Good luck!

Just email your SA a pic and ask her if you can ship it to her. I would ship it FedEx with signature so you can track it and insure it. The extra $30 will be worth it.

I'm sure in your instance they will do it free of charge, but don't assume just because someone else has the same crack (which is unfortunately common on the Sarah), that yours won't get worse because theirs didn't. That might be a wrong and very expensive and heartbreaking assumption for your wallet. I'd never rely on what someone else's experience was in a repair situation. While it's the same model, they are still different wallets, and who knows how the stress of the crack on the glazing may affect one verses the other. The reason for glazing is so the canvas doesn't crack. That's the whole purpose. If the glazing is gone to that extent (in the pic), I would never presume to tell someone it'll be fine to wait. If nothing else, maybe use a different wallet till you get it in. They honestly will not repair it at all, for any price, if it becomes even a tiny crack in the canvas.

Thx everyone. I sent it to the boutique and emailed the manager to let him know. My big worry now is it will happen again. I want to enjoy this item not keep worrying it will crack!

Update: i just got a call from lv and was advised not to repair at this point unless the crack becomes larger which the Sa disnt think it would. Apparently u can only reglaze couple of tumes so she advised leaving thismbe for now

So as i posted in the above, the sa at the store in montreal advised me not to have the small crack in the glaze repaired as it was so small and she didnt feel it was necessary. Now i have the same crack inthe other side. Is this inevitable for the sarah in this exact spot? Should i just live with it or try to send it directly to lv repairs without shipping to a boutique first? Even if i have it repaired will it happen again likely? Thx!

Well i am going to a town nxt month that has an lv. I have been using this item constantly since this happened with no further wear. Should i bother getting it checked out at this point?