Please Give Me Your Opinion on This Sale

sthrncin

I Love Soft Leather!
May 4, 2012
I purchased an Ipad last week from a seller that had about 100 feedback and 100%. So I wasn't really worried. I paid instantly, and he loaded a tracking number 2 days ago. I have constantly tracked it, and it still shows Electronic Shipping Info Received. I contacted him about it after the first day to see if it had actually shipped yet, and he said that the post office said they would be picking it up that day or the next. Well a few days later and a couple of unanswered emails to him, and nothing has changed. Now I am very nervous, This was a lot of money to me and I do not have enough for another one. Should I send one more email and inform him that if I don't hear from him or see that it has actually shipped I will be escalating this to let Ebay handle it? I am just so disappointed about this. I just wanted to get somebody else's opinions. Thanks a bunch.

I purchased an Ipad last week from a seller that had about 100 feedback and 100%. So I wasn't really worried. I paid instantly, and he loaded a tracking number 2 days ago. I have constantly tracked it, and it still shows Electronic Shipping Info Received. I contacted him about it after the first day to see if it had actually shipped yet, and he said that the post office said they would be picking it up that day or the next. Well a few days later and a couple of unanswered emails to him, and nothing has changed. Now I am very nervous, This was a lot of money to me and I do not have enough for another one. Should I send one more email and inform him that if I don't hear from him or see that it has actually shipped I will be escalating this to let Ebay handle it? I am just so disappointed about this. I just wanted to get somebody else's opinions. Thanks a bunch.
I understand your excitement at wanting to receive the package but except for the slightly slow shipping time, I think you're worrying prematurely. Depending on the shipping time stated in the listing, the time might not even be slow if shipping is within 5 or fewer business days.

Often, tracking doesn't update during the course of the journey so even if shipped, it might not show anything until delivery.

You're protected so if it doesn't arrive and tracking doesn't update, you'll win an INR dispute.

I understand your excitement at wanting to receive the package but except for the slightly slow shipping time, I think you're worrying prematurely. Depending on the shipping time stated in the listing, the time might not even be slow if shipping is within 5 or fewer business days.

Often, tracking doesn't update during the course of the journey so even if shipped, it might not show anything until delivery.

You're protected so if it doesn't arrive and tracking doesn't update, you'll win an INR dispute.
Thanks for your help, I have told myself all of this, and am trying to relax about it for awhile. It just really bothers me that he hasn't responded to the email I sent after he said that he was waiting for the post office to pick this up a few days ago. I just wish he would say something. I realize the Post Office is super busy, and maybe this hasn't updated yet, so I will sit back through the weekend and try not to think about it much. :smile:

Thanks for your help, I have told myself all of this, and am trying to relax about it for awhile. It just really bothers me that he hasn't responded to the email I sent after he said that he was waiting for the post office to pick this up a few days ago. I just wish he would say something. I realize the Post Office is super busy, and maybe this hasn't updated yet, so I will sit back through the weekend and try not to think about it much. :smile:

I'd wait to see if your package arrives mid-week..

After that I would contact your seller..

Is the package coming cross country or a shorter distance?

I'd wait to see if your package arrives mid-week..

After that I would contact your seller..

Is the package coming cross country or a shorter distance?
Just across the US, from Kansas to SC. I'm going to just try to be patient for a little bit. Maybe he doesn't check his email everyday. Thanks

Massive snow and ice across the country. I would give it 14 business days to get to you. USPS is having massive sorting issues if it is going that way. If it is going ground, your truck may be slip sliding away.

Massive snow and ice across the country. I would give it 14 business days to get to you. USPS is having massive sorting issues if it is going that way. If it is going ground, your truck may be slip sliding away.

This. I have several packages overdue from ups and it is weather related. Just have to be a little patient.. You are protected if purchase goes wrong

It happens to me all the time. Tracking does nothing but frustrate me. I see it start at the point of origin, the nothing. It never seems to move. Suddenly, the mail man hands it to me! Then, and only then, does anything change on the tracking.
It's annoying.
Let us know your iPad arrived, ok?
Good luck!

Major snowstorms have delayed ALL packages across the country...Amazon has contacted me about every one of my orders to let me know my prime shipments are going to to 7 days... I bet your ipad is stuck in the snowy parts of the US. With the holidays, the USPS updates sometimes never happen either.

I thought maybe since it's Monday something would have changed, but it still says just electronic info received. He still isn't answering emails either. If I could just get a simple answer from him it would make me feel better. If I have to resolve this, do I need to go through Ebay or Paypal?

I thought maybe since it's Monday something would have changed, but it still says just electronic info received. He still isn't answering emails either. If I could just get a simple answer from him it would make me feel better. If I have to resolve this, do I need to go through Ebay or Paypal?

PP is suggested for an INR...

Why the seller isn't answering is compounding your frustration..

Since the delay may be weather related, I'd give it a few extra days..

UPS, USPS & other carriers are all dealing with delays....

I went ahead and opened a case through Paypal. If he responds, or actually ships it, I will close it I guess. I have never had to do this before and am new to it. I hope it works out.