1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
4 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

preheat oven to 350'. mix together sugar and eggs. add oil, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and mashed bananas. stir in flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder 1/3 at a time. i usually use a bundt pan for this mix. bake for 1 hour.

enjoy!!

I always did love banana bread. If I had loaf pans and some bananas I'd go and attempt to make this right now. But maybe I'll try it after I go grocery shopping next. I used to make it all the time, but it was from a box. Pilsbury, if I remember correctly.

:drool:

Let us know how it turns out and thanks for posting the recipe!

I just finished the last slice of my banana bread I made over the weekend. Your recipe is very similar to mine except I use brown whole wheat flour or white whole wheat flour, half a cup of sugar, 1/4 cup of oil and one tbsp of vanilla extract (I think it's needed with the whole wheat flour and all those bananas). Plus I add half a cup of chocolate chips but no nuts. Also, once I mash up my bananas I make up the quantity with plain yoghurt until I have 2 cups (sometimes I only need a 1/4 cup of yoghurt). I bake mine in a 9 x 5 inch loaf tin at the same temp. for about 65-70 mins. The resulting banana bread is moist, dense and delish. I'm used to the reduced sugar and I feel virtuous for using whole wheat flour LOL!

So are you enjoying your banana bread? I think banana bread is wonderful and I need to make some more but unfortunately I don't have any ripe bananas. :sad:

Edit: forgot to add I only use 1/4 tsp of salt.