Should I Keep it or Not?

bobochu

Jewellery and Cruising Addict!
O.G.
Apr 13, 2013
Welcome to the "Should I Keep it or Not?" advice column. If you are unsure about a Louis Vuitton bag you have purchased, ask the expert TPFers here and they will help you decide. Everybody will be honest and will not lie about how it looks on you. NEGATIVITY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

Your post must include:

Name of Bag
Mod Shots
Reason for returning

*Keep in mind your decision is ultimately the best one, and you should not feel inclined to keep or return the bag just because of tPF opinions*

Ok I'll go first. I have an ivory epi speedy 25. It was my first LV bag given by my husband. I rarely use it as its broad base keeps getting in the way. I'm also really afraid of the handles turning black, it already is somewhat. It was a present and souvenir from our trip to Hawaii.

So should I keep it or not?

Love this idea but it's not for an lv : /

How about OP renaming this thread to "keep it or not + LV", and make another thread that is anything else?

Kind of like the OOTD threads/OOTD + LV.

We're all fashionistas or wannabes, so yeah, why not? If it gets out of hand, the mods can shoo us out and send us on our way. I'm down. I need fashion advice.

Bad.

Ok I'll go first. I have an ivory epi speedy 25. It was my first LV bag given by my husband. I rarely use it as its broad base keeps getting in the way. I'm also really afraid of the handles turning black, it already is somewhat. It was a present and souvenir from our trip to Hawaii.

Need some mod shots. :smile:

Viewwing, have you used your Epi Speedy in the past year? If not, I would vote to let it go. I understand your fear of getting a white bag dirty, as I avoid white leather myself! :smile: Also, if it is not serving a purpose for your needs now why not sell it and get something you will use. Even though it was a souvenir from your Hawaii trip, I am sure you have wonderful memories, photos, etc. that are even more valuable.;)
GL!

In my opinion, I think you should keep it.
It is your first LV and it is from your husband.
Enjoy your bag and if the handles get dirty, just let leather doctors/ bag experts clean it.
It is hard when people regret selling their LVs.
In my opinion, all authentic LVs are definitely worth keeping.
Goodluck!

How about OP renaming this thread to "keep it or not + LV", and make another thread that is anything else?

Kind of like the OOTD threads/OOTD + LV.

We're all fashionistas or wannabes, so yeah, why not? If it gets out of hand, the mods can shoo us out and send us on our way. I'm down. I need fashion advice.

Bad.

Yes can we do that?

In my opinion, I think you should keep it.
It is your first LV and it is from your husband.
Enjoy your bag and if the handles get dirty, just let leather doctors/ bag experts clean it.
It is hard when people regret selling their LVs.
In my opinion, all authentic LVs are definitely worth keeping.
Goodluck!

Arg! It's discontinued too so I can't just buy it back if I regret as I don't do pre owned. I'm leaning more toward keeping it. It's like if I ever need it, it's still there right?

Viewwing, have you used your Epi Speedy in the past year? If not, I would vote to let it go. I understand your fear of getting a white bag dirty, as I avoid white leather myself! :smile: Also, if it is not serving a purpose for your needs now why not sell it and get something you will use. Even though it was a souvenir from your Hawaii trip, I am sure you have wonderful memories, photos, etc. that are even more valuable.;)
GL!

I do have pics n other memories, but you see this was my favorite memory. Looking at the bag reminds me of how the hubby surprised me after lunch with the words, we r going into LV now to buy you your first LV bag. It brings back the smile on my face and I remember the warm fuzzy feelings that shot through me when I heard those words as I was not expecting it at all.... Ahh... Brings me back there again....:P