A Reveal…He Swam through shark infested waters for me

stylemechanel

Dec 29, 2012
Thursday was Thanksgiving Day. It is our tradition to have family, friends and friends of friends over for dinner that night. This year we totaled 30 people. To top it off it was a little more difficult for me as a few short months ago I lost my dad and then shortly after that my mom. It has been a difficult journey for me and I wasn’t sure how I was going to handle Thanksgiving. And honestly I wasn’t sure I was up for all the chaos of getting ready and hosting the day. But I did and we did.

My very sweet husband surprised me by having a bag packed for me, and arranging for us to steal away to one of our favorite hotels Thanksgiving night. As it happened it would be our 27th wedding anniversary the next day. When we got home this is what I found…under the Christmas tree - which he had also arranged to have put up and decorated overnight.

Attachments

• blue boy 1.jpg
    blue boy 1.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 1,682
I was so surprised. And I knew immediately from the big black Chanel bag that it must have come from the Beverly Hills Boutique. One of the things I can tell you about my husband is he does not like to shop. Not at all. Ever. Period. But yet here was my favorite black shopping bag of all times sitting in my home under my newly decorated tree.

My next thoughts were…no, he must have called Kerri and had it messengered over. I did ask, and he said no. He said he “swam through shark infested waters to buy it” for me. For us it means that we would do anything we needed to, no matter now difficult or uncomfortable to take care of or get something done for someone we love, because we love them. Then he told me the story. He braved the ladies in Chanel (or Channel as he likes to call it), waited for Kerri to be able to help him and bought it himself. He hadn’t been to the boutique before so he didn’t know they have valet parking in the back. He parked a few blocks away and walked it. He told me he had to wait for Kerri who was helping someone else and while he said it was only 15 minutes it felt like an hour and an SA tried to get him to buy a diamond watch to match whatever he was getting from Kerri. Now I’m thinking that probably sent him over the edge a little bit as he is already uncomfortable in a place he feels he doesn’t belong and now someone wants to sell him a $45,000 watch. :roflmfao: And then I imagine he started to sweat – which he does when he is nervous. He told me Kerri showed him the gift and tried to tell him about the history of it all, and all he heard was “whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa”. He said it was getting crowded and from what he could see as soon as one lady would put a purse down on the counter another would pick it. He said it was way too much for him and all he wanted to do was leave with his purchase.

So is anyone up for a reveal?

It occurred to me that as I was slowly opening this gift and relishing every moment, that I had two other Chanel gifts upstairs that also had not yet been opened. In October I started a thread on the Relationship & Family section of tPF under Body - Mind - Wellness. I started it as a way to deal with the loss of my parents and the journey to honor a loved one at the holidays. I bought these gifts while I was trying to take care of all the things you need to do after you lose a loved one and as one more gift from my parents for me at the holidays, and they could sit under the tree. I had been in desperate need of retail therapy but was unable to get to the boutique. I called Kerri, she picked them out, and I still have no idea what they are, I left it completely up to her. I purchased them mid-September. But I thought it would be fitting to have them sit under the tree with the gift my husband had purchased for me for at least for one photo.

Attachments

• blue boy 2.jpg
    blue boy 2.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 1,582
  • blue boy 3.jpg
    blue boy 3.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 1,613
Ohh..Beautful story!!
I'm so looking forward to hearing the rest and the reveal..can't wait!!
Big congrats on your new chanel!!

Awww the story is already so sweet. I'm here and ready to see!

Love your hubby's story@the chanel boutique..i imagine if that could ever happen to my hubby..::lolots:
Can't wait to see what he got you!:yahoo:

Yes! What a wonderful story and sweet hubby! Let's see it!

Yes, yes, yes, I'm ready. What a lovely story… Sometimes they can amaze us :smile:

Thank you ladies for sharing in this reveal. I am so glad to have someone enjoy it with me.

I really wasn't sure if I should just rip and tear and my kids would say when they were young or relish every moment.

Attachments

• blue boy 4.jpg
    blue boy 4.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 1,610
  • blue boy 5.jpg
    blue boy 5.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,605
  • blue boy 6.jpg
    blue boy 6.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,569