Which Balenciaga City is right for me?

bluesclues

O.G.
Feb 17, 2013
Balenciaga has been on my wish list for quite some time. I am open to purchasing a pre-loved bag but I am not sure which years/leathers are the best. I am also stuck on a color. I would go black but I have so many black bags already. I want something that is unique but goes with everything. Any suggestions??

Balenciaga has been on my wish list for quite some time. I am open to purchasing a pre-loved bag but I am not sure which years/leathers are the best. I am also stuck on a color. I would go black but I have so many black bags already. I want something that is unique but goes with everything. Any suggestions??

I understand what you are going through, I did the same thing. I knew I wanted a Bal, they just appealed to me so much. I started by looking at the used market and I would have purchased that way, but I just didn't want to get scammed. Unlike you, I knew I wanted a black bag, I decided for my first a classic black would get more use and then I could see how I liked to carry it and how "lived in" the leather got. I went to nieman and quizzed the sales associate and looked and tried on lots of styles. I just recently purchased my first Bal and have no regrets. All I can see is do what feels right for you and good luck.

I understand what you are going through, I did the same thing. I knew I wanted a Bal, they just appealed to me so much. I started by looking at the used market and I would have purchased that way, but I just didn't want to get scammed. Unlike you, I knew I wanted a black bag, I decided for my first a classic black would get more use and then I could see how I liked to carry it and how "lived in" the leather got. I went to nieman and quizzed the sales associate and looked and tried on lots of styles. I just recently purchased my first Bal and have no regrets. All I can see is do what feels right for you and good luck.
thank you! I am also hesitant about buying pre-owned but I would like to save some money if possible. I will definitely be popping into stores and trying on before I decide.

I think 2010 leather is the best~ I had a 2010 black city and it was divine. I sold it because it was too black, I spent so much for it and it gotta stands out (a bit more.. I still play save with dark colors) I think 2014 has a nice brownish one or the sweet coral color.. you may want to look at the new swatch :smile:

Hello :smile:

I would say, coming from Manhattan here, that the fabulous colors right now are blush pinks or light creams, clean blues and grays, maybe even a burgundy if you want a seasonal bag. Your bag personality is what you must match, do not worry about trends and what everyone else is doing. Right now, yes, it's all about finding your perfect black bag but if you have that, then go fun! Gemtone pinks are always fun - but the everyday bags? Blush pink/cream, gray and a clean blue (nothing too muted or too electric)

I just bought a used Bal (my first one) from yoogi's closet and it's great, they're easy to work with plus free shipping and since i'm in California no sales tax. Of course I did try on a lot of new bags in stores first, but I got the exact one I wanted (almost new black Day) and saved a lot of money.