Electroplated gold Love bracelet

bucha

O.G.
Aug 4, 2012
I recently bought this because I was curious to see if I would like wearing a bracelet like the Love all the time. It's much, much cheaper than the real thing but is still considered as a collector's item so I don't feel so bad about it.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1385522306.092664.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1385522341.948482.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1385522388.347518.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1385522427.151373.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1385522449.505355.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1385522486.296578.jpg

This is such a cool collector's item. In the 70s Revlon cosmetics partnered with Cartier and they offered these bracelets as gifts with large purchase. There weren't a lot of them and there aren't a lot left if I understand correctly. They were actually created with Cartier and based off the Love bracelet except they have a hinge on one end. They did them in electroplate instead of solid gold. Yours is in very good condition. Congratulations!

I should clarify that it wasn't a partnership with Cartier, it was a partnership with the gentleman who designed the Love bracelet for Cartier. I don't quite remember all the details and I don't think there's much info but it's a pretty cool piece.

What a fun find.
Does this look identical to the Cartier bracelet (except for the hinge)?

That's the way i understand it. It is the exact same thing except one side has a hinge and it is gold plated instead of solid gold. So i guess not really exact lol. But it was made by the same person and if i remember, it was for a perfume launch. The perfume was expensive, like $120 or so which was a lot in the 70s.

That's the way i understand it. It is the exact same thing except one side has a hinge and it is gold plated instead of solid gold. So i guess not really exact lol. But it was made by the same person and if i remember, it was for a perfume launch. The perfume was expensive, like $120 or so which was a lot in the 70s.
Thanks for the info.
This is a smart way to test drive a love :smile:

I should clarify that it wasn't a partnership with Cartier, it was a partnership with the gentleman who designed the Love bracelet for Cartier. I don't quite remember all the details and I don't think there's much info but it's a pretty cool piece.

Thanks for the info lilmountaingirl! Very appreciated!

This is a smart way to test drive a love :smile:

Thanks! I want the bracelet with the alternating screws and diamonds and didn't want to spend $11,000 just to realize I don't like the bracelet in the end! I'm lucky because this bracelet is the perfect size, too.

Oh wow, this is really interesting, thank you for sharing!

Thanks! I saw a few posts on this version of the Love, but no pictures were included then. I thought it would be a good idea to post them for future reference.

May I ask how.much as I cant afford the Cartier one . Much appreciated :smile:

Hi Caz71! I bought it on eBay. They usually cost between $200 and $400 from what I could see.

Looks like the real deal on the wrist.
Wow this looks great!

Thanks anne and LovingDiamonds!