Which VCA bracelet for Christmas?

LisetteEsq

O.G.
May 11, 2007
VCA is more addictive than I thought it would be. I'm already looking into purchasing something new for my Christmas present from DH. I want a bracelet that will look good along with my WG Cartier Love bracelet. I have narrowed it down to three choices.

1. White MOP 5-motif Alhambra
2. Chalcedony
5 motif Alhambra
3. Grey MOP 4-motif Alhambra

I like the white MOP but I am not sure if it would blend too much. I already have the matching chalcedony necklace and love it but I am not sure if I want it to match. I wear black every day and think the grey MOP would be nice but I am not sure if it will look good with other colors or during the summer.

Any thoughts?

Does anyone wear something like this together? I just hope that my Love bracelet does not scratch up the VCA bracelet.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-25 at 10.36.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-25 at 10.36.49 AM.png
    91.6 KB · Views: 735
  • Screen Shot 2013-11-25 at 10.38.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-25 at 10.38.49 AM.png
    87.8 KB · Views: 735
  • Screen Shot 2013-11-25 at 10.39.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-25 at 10.39.43 AM.png
    72.3 KB · Views: 694
VCA is more addictive than I thought it would be. I'm already looking into purchasing something new for my Christmas present from DH. I want a bracelet that will look good along with my WG Cartier Love bracelet. I have narrowed it down to three choices.

1. White MOP 5-motif Alhambra
2. Chalcedony
5 motif Alhambra
3. Grey MOP 4-motif Alhambra

I like the white MOP but I am not sure if it would blend too much. I already have the matching chalcedony necklace and love it but I am not sure if I want it to match. I wear black every day and think the grey MOP would be nice but I am not sure if it will look good with other colors or during the summer.

Any thoughts?

Does anyone wear something like this together? I just hope that my Love bracelet does not scratch up the VCA bracelet.
It appears that your last choice is modern alambra (vs vintage ) onyx.
Onyx is the hardest stone- the most durable.
I would go with the chalcedony. This way you'll have a nice bracelet but you can also use it to extend your 10 motif....
What a fun choice to make!
Another option is turquoise ...if you can find it.
It comes in wg as well as yg.

It appears that your last choice is modern alambra (vs vintage ) onyx.
Onyx is the hardest stone- the most durable.
I would go with the chalcedony. This way you'll have a nice bracelet but you can also use it to extend your 10 motif....
What a fun choice to make!
Another option is turquoise ...if you can find it.
It comes in wg as well as yg.
menupop.gif

Thank you for your knowledgeable insight. All great points. I have even thought about something in pink gold. So many choices. :P

I love them, too! But I wouldn't wear them with another bracelet. They WILL get scratched up if worn with another bracelet, and I try to keep my jewelry in excellent condition.

Good luck on your decision! I like white MOP and black onyx but prefer the vintage ones over the smooth bezels.

I love them, too! But I wouldn't wear them with another bracelet. They WILL get scratched up if worn with another bracelet, and I try to keep my jewelry in excellent condition.

Good luck on your decision! I like white MOP and black onyx but prefer the vintage ones over the smooth bezels.

I am very particular too about my jewelry and do not want them to get scratched. I worry that my Love will go right over the VCA and dent/scratch it so I guess I will not wear them together. It is a tough decision for sure.

I think I would go with chalcedony for the same reason as TGG
Also I find it s better to wear two bangles together rather than a bangle and a bracelet.
I love how my five motifs look with my Perlee bangle but find them catching up all the time .

I think I would go with chalcedony for the same reason as TGG
Also I find it s better to wear two bangles together rather than a bangle and a bracelet.
I love how my five motifs look with my Perlee bangle but find them catching up all the time .

Thanks for the advice! I also thought about getting the Perlée bangle but was not sure if they would be the same size. Does the bangle damage your 5-motif? I was thinking of having the motif bracelet sized smaller so the Love would go right over it.

Thanks for the advice! I also thought about getting the Perlée bangle but was not sure if they would be the same size. Does the bangle damage your 5-motif? I was thinking of having the motif bracelet sized smaller so the Love would go right over it.
You would need to try them together as it depends on you sizing because the Perlee does not come in as many sizes as the Love.
IMO It is more likely that the bracelet would scratch the bangle rather than the other way round .

The bangle will scratch the Alhambra unless you can somehow keep them from ever touching! And the only way to accomplish that would be to wear them on different wrists! Metal will scratch metal, and I would also be afraid of the bangle scratching the MOP or onyx. I know it is the trend to stack bracelets and watches, but it kind of makes me cringe when I think about the potential damage with jewelry that is very expensive.

You would need to try them together as it depends on you sizing because the Perlee does not come in as many sizes as the Love.
IMO It is more likely that the bracelet would scratch the bangle rather than the other way round .

Very good points. Thanks for the info! I do not have a store nearby to try anything on so I really appreciate all of the insight.

The bangle will scratch the Alhambra unless you can somehow keep them from ever touching! And the only way to accomplish that would be to wear them on different wrists! Metal will scratch metal, and I would also be afraid of the bangle scratching the MOP or onyx. I know it is the trend to stack bracelets and watches, but it kind of makes me cringe when I think about the potential damage with jewelry that is very expensive.

I may have to wear it on my other wrist. I like to keep my possessions as new as possible for as long as possible and I definitely would not want the bracelets to damage each other. Thanks for the input! :smile: