Made an ebay mistake :(

whoknowsx

Oct 24, 2013
After looking everywhere for a chanel black caviar mini flap and not finding it, I turned to the pre-loved route. Yesterday, I found a beautiful one on ebay! I was hoping to find one new or close to new ( 15xxxxxx or above) but settled on this "very good" bag that is about 6 years old and barely used (supposedly). For some reason, in my joy of finding my mini I misread the description and realized that I purchased a bag without the authentication card. Fortunately, the lovely ladies here authenticated the bag for me, so that's not my concern, but I really really prefer to have my bags with their authentication cards.

Also, a close to new bag has popped up, with an authentication card (but no dust bag), and bidding is ending in a few hours. Currently the bag is $700 less than what I paid.

I'm beating myself up for not reading carefully, and buying the first bag.

I'm hoping that changes when the bag comes.

Obviously the misreading is my fault, and my seller doesn't accept returns, so I have to keep it either way. It's not even worth trying to sell and break even on ebay (given their 10% fee).

-end rant-

If you're buying a bag for yourself, why do you care about the authenticity card? Cards don't make the bag any more authentic and there are cases where fake bags have authentic paperwork (to "prove" authenticity of the fake) and the corollary, authentic bags have fake paperwork. (In fact, there was a recent authentication on the AT Chanel thread where a genuine bag was listed with a fake card.)

If you ever planned to resell the bag, at that point, you could invest in a professional authentication to reassure buyers but I don't understand what a big deal it is now.

(Disclaimer: I don't know Chanel and maybe I don't understand the importance of the card.)

I would sell the bag myself on eBay or bonanza (not consign) and buy the other bag. Even if you lose a little by selling the current mini you will likely have less regret. To a potential buyer of the mini you already bought the lack of an authenticity card might not matter much so don't price it too low just because it feels like such an issue to you.

If you're buying a bag for yourself, why do you care about the authenticity card? Cards don't make the bag any more authentic and there are cases where fake bags have authentic paperwork (to "prove" authenticity of the fake) and the corollary, authentic bags have fake paperwork. (In fact, there was a recent authentication on the AT Chanel thread where a genuine bag was listed with a fake card.)

If you ever planned to resell the bag, at that point, you could invest in a professional authentication to reassure buyers but I don't understand what a big deal it is now.

(Disclaimer: I don't know Chanel and maybe I don't understand the importance of the card.)

+1!

The authenticity card really isn't important if you've already had the bag authenticated, and you're planning to wear it yourself. :smile:

I could write a book about the number of times I have really wanted something and settled for what was available and then something better came along. The only remedy for this is to not want something so badly - but what fun is there in that? :smile:

Be happy with what you got. There will always be something better but if you beat up on yourself for not waiting for the better you will never enjoy the what is.

I don't know how to do group quotes so...

@pinkkkitten74 I'm not apart of any FB bag groups... can you recommend any?

@beenburned @lily TRUE.

@sarahcaitilin I was thinking of just buying the other one but when I really think about it, it is the same bag. I've currently reached my maximum for sales on ebay so I would have to wait for a month to re-sell the bug and unfortunately, with the holidays coming, and my son about to start childcare, I don't have the money to just sit on the bag.

@northerndancer I think that's the key! I should stop watching this bag on ebay... who cares what it sells for and that it has the complete package. My bag is already in the mail.... (easier said than done)