advise on RED leather bags

Cameelio

Sep 29, 2006
Hi everyone. I'm really really craving a red leather bag. But I dont know where to start? My collection is all coach leather, but they currently dont have anything decent in red. So I was browsing through nordstroms website and found these:

First one is by Francesco Biasa
_5373697.jpg
_5373727.jpg

Second one by Furla
_5395655.jpg

Third is by Micheal Kors
_5354064.jpg

And fourth is by Jessica Simpson
_5402187.jpg

So ladies, what number 1, 2, 3, or 4???

Or can you guys suggest other bags. I like them leather, not too complicated and around the $400-500 range. Thanks in advance for the input.

I like the FURLA one, but I'd be afraid that patent leather could scratch easily. I don't own any accessories in patent leather, so I really don't know about that

I like #3 best out of those, and then #1.

My thoughts exactly. Also, if this is going to be an everyday purse or work purse type situation, I'd think No. 2 wouldn't be a fit for that purpose. On 4, I've never seen a Jessica Simpson bag IRL to know that's what it was, but others have commented that some do not seem to be good quality. Let us know what you decide!

Ok, so even though I am obsessed with MK and Fransesco Biasia, I hate patent leather and would go with the Jessica Simpson out of your options. I would be afraid of messing up the patent leather. If you're looking for something for everyday I would suggest trying to find something in more of a matte leather.

You should consider the Kooba Elisha in red, around $535.00 at www.kooba.com . The color is the most marvelous muted red with soft buttery leather.

ITA I have this bag its the most amazing color and leather!!!! DEF would be my rec.

if not then #3 of your pictures

BUT i also wanted to say if you love coach you may want to wait and see if the patent ergo hobo comes out in red maybe call cust service see if you can find out

cause the hamptons limited edition patent coin purse in red is AMAZING such a great color everything and if that made it into production in the patent ergo's it would be amazing too! :smile:

I'm not a fan of patent leather, so I'd go #4.

I saw a fall '07 bag for Bottega Veneta in Carmino, a lipstick red, and it's expensive but the most gorgeous lipstick red I've ever seen. Wasn't allowed to take a pic of it (it was a trunk show).

I'm sure others will come up with additional ideas too.