Pforum please help !?

Xcouturelubb

Nov 14, 2012
I am having trouble.
Celine nano or luggage. I'd LOVE the colbalt blue, but I know that is out of the question and limited edition. If not i guess black with gold hardware.

OR

Balenciaga city any red with gold hardware gunmetal studs

OR

CHANEL CHAIN ALL AROUND.

I am so undecided.. Thanks so much for your time I truly appreciate it !

I am having trouble.
Celine nano or luggage. I'd LOVE the colbalt blue, but I know that is out of the question and limited edition. If not i guess black with gold hardware.

OR

Balenciaga city any red with gold hardware gunmetal studs

OR

CHANEL CHAIN ALL AROUND.

I am so undecided.. Thanks so much for your time I truly appreciate it !

Here's my opinion and my reasoning:

1) Celine Luggage - its a nice bag and based on what I think is a list of what you have already in your collection, you don't have anything like it yet. But what size are you looking at? Micro? Mini? I personally prefer the mini.
2) Celine Nano - cute and practical when you are on the go and need both hands.
3) Chanel Chain Around Flap - I'm into flaps right now, so I like this bag. However, it comes in 3rd because you already have Chanel bags in your collection. If you are interested in having a diverse collection, then I'd recommend adding other great bags.
4) Balenciaga city - Bals are great bags. I only have 1 in my collection now, but I have thoroughly enjoyed the ones that came and went. However, snagging a Celine is a much harder bet that getting a city in red, so I'd go for a Celine instead.

Good luck!

1. Luggage: I'd opt for either Micro or Mini. Depending on your height/size and personal preference, both are great choices.
Sorry, I am not really into miniaturized bags... so "Nah-No!" for me... They are all just too trendy for the boring old me.

2. My second choice would be Bal - they are just so practical!
You should ask yourself what is the purpose for this bag. If you want something light weight and easy to use, I think no bag can beat Balenciaga's City. It seems like to me all these bags you have are very diverse and probably won't serve the same purpose.

3. Hmm... I am not a Chanel fan in general... I only like the Reissue, if you were getting this, I'd put it as first choice, but like I said, all Chanel's other bags don't really tickle my fancy.

Here's my opinion and my reasoning:

1) Celine Luggage - its a nice bag and based on what I think is a list of what you have already in your collection, you don't have anything like it yet. But what size are you looking at? Micro? Mini? I personally prefer the mini.
2) Celine Nano - cute and practical when you are on the go and need both hands.
3) Chanel Chain Around Flap - I'm into flaps right now, so I like this bag. However, it comes in 3rd because you already have Chanel bags in your collection. If you are interested in having a diverse collection, then I'd recommend adding other great bags.
4) Balenciaga city - Bals are great bags. I only have 1 in my collection now, but I have thoroughly enjoyed the ones that came and went. However, snagging a Celine is a much harder bet that getting a city in red, so I'd go for a Celine instead.

Good luck!

Thanks so much! I ended p getting nano... The price increase made a mini out of the question. But I agree 110% :biggrin:

:woohoo:

Congratulations! Now you know we are all expecting a reveal right?

Also, what do you think I should get next now that I have added a new member to my growing collection (: PS1 proenza maybe magenta, maybe some sort of blue. Vs. alexander wang Rocco latte rose gold. Or the bal city . I'm not much of a Louis Vuitton girl, I like their wallets and SLG that's about it. But I'm actually interested in the alma by vernis. Thanks very much ! Deciding can be hard!

1. Luggage: I'd opt for either Micro or Mini. Depending on your height/size and personal preference, both are great choices.
Sorry, I am not really into miniaturized bags... so "Nah-No!" for me... They are all just too trendy for the boring old me.

2. My second choice would be Bal - they are just so practical!
You should ask yourself what is the purpose for this bag. If you want something light weight and easy to use, I think no bag can beat Balenciaga's City. It seems like to me all these bags you have are very diverse and probably won't serve the same purpose.

3. Hmm... I am not a Chanel fan in general... I only like the Reissue, if you were getting this, I'd put it as first choice, but like I said, all Chanel's other bags don't really tickle my fancy.

I agree unfortunately there was aprice increase so I chose nano on top of that they are incredibly hard to get a hold of! But now that that's done, I'm already on to my next (: what should I get now?

Also, what do you think I should get next now that I have added a new member to my growing collection (: PS1 proenza maybe magenta, maybe some sort of blue. Vs. alexander wang Rocco latte rose gold. Or the bal city . I'm not much of a Louis Vuitton girl, I like their wallets and SLG that's about it. But I'm actually interested in the alma by vernis. Thanks very much ! Deciding can be hard!

Hmm, it depends on what direction you are going with with your collection and what you needs you want your next bag to serve.

Based on the bags you have mentioned, my preferences are -

1) Balenciaga City: cute bag, timeless look. Great size for you as you already only have smallish bags in your collection. Just be sure to buy a color/year that presents no issues.
2) Celine Mini: for the same reasons I gave above.
3) LV Alma: Very nice bag especially in the right color but if I am to be honest, I don't feel comfortable with LV monogram (I have a monogram LV Manhattan GM that I never use.)

In my humble opinion, I would say DO NOT BUY a PS1 or A Wang Rocco bag.

There have been loads of quality complaints about Proenza Schouler bags. Now, that doesn't mean their stuff isn't cute but I personally wouldn't buy their bags.

As for the Rocco bag - reports are that its heavy. I can see why people like it, but a tPF friend tried to sell hers and said the resale market for that was horrible. Even though her bag was still new. :tdown: I'd rather buy a YSL easy over a Rocco, if the shape is what you are after.

Okay, just my 2 cents.

Where are the reveal and mod pics of your bag? :graucho:

Hmm, it depends on what direction you are going with with your collection and what you needs you want your next bag to serve.

Based on the bags you have mentioned, my preferences are -

1) Balenciaga City: cute bag, timeless look. Great size for you as you already only have smallish bags in your collection. Just be sure to buy a color/year that presents no issues.
2) Celine Mini: for the same reasons I gave above.
3) LV Alma: Very nice bag especially in the right color but if I am to be honest, I don't feel comfortable with LV monogram (I have a monogram LV Manhattan GM that I never use.)

In my humble opinion, I would say DO NOT BUY a PS1 or A Wang Rocco bag.

There have been loads of quality complaints about Proenza Schouler bags. Now, that doesn't mean their stuff isn't cute but I personally wouldn't buy their bags.

As for the Rocco bag - reports are that its heavy. I can see why people like it, but a tPF friend tried to sell hers and said the resale market for that was horrible. Even though her bag was still new. :tdown: I'd rather buy a YSL easy over a Rocco, if the shape is what you are after.

Okay, just my 2 cents.

Where are the reveal and mod pics of your bag? :graucho:

Omgsh wow. And I should probably be more detailed lol. About the Rocco, I love that for LAMB SKIN it is a CHEAP bag, which is awesomeeeeeeee. Lol and the color combo with latte and rose gold hardware I adore. I am not a rosé gold fan but that bag itself is beautiful. However, you are completely right, these bags are beautiful but as far as use and convenience , I prefer non heavy bags.

What I like/ need:
Crossbody/ over the shoulder
Not too heavy not too light.
Compartments
Space
Leather or suede or any material that is NOT color transferable . I know this is incredibly hard for a designer handbag. But I returned a givenchy pandora and bal classic city yellow due to this problem. And I wish I didn't but I couldn't keep up with the maintenance. Being on the go and a little care free.

My celine nano black,ibelieve was shipped out yesterday or maybe today ): but once I get it it will definitely be a reveal (:

Btw what do you think about the celine box python cobalt blue, I wanted python colbalt blue in the trapeze but no one has it ! They are running for 5600( the box in python) kinda rediculous but BEAUTIFUL. It's such a shame that ps1 is having complications it's the perfect everyday bag. :/ could you share your collection :biggrin: I am definitely trying to be smart about what I buy especially if it is valuable and if I could resale down the road.

Omgsh wow. And I should probably be more detailed lol. About the Rocco, I love that for LAMB SKIN it is a CHEAP bag, which is awesomeeeeeeee. Lol and the color combo with latte and rose gold hardware I adore. I am not a rosé gold fan but that bag itself is beautiful. However, you are completely right, these bags are beautiful but as far as use and convenience , I prefer non heavy bags.

What I like/ need:
Crossbody/ over the shoulder
Not too heavy not too light.
Compartments

Space
Leather or suede or any material that is NOT color transferable . I know this is incredibly hard for a designer handbag. But I returned a givenchy pandora and bal classic city yellow due to this problem. And I wish I didn't but I couldn't keep up with the maintenance. Being on the go and a little care free.

My celine nano black,ibelieve was shipped out yesterday or maybe today ): but once I get it it will definitely be a reveal (:

Btw what do you think about the celine box python cobalt blue, I wanted python colbalt blue in the trapeze but no one has it ! They are running for 5600( the box in python) kinda rediculous but BEAUTIFUL. It's such a shame that ps1 is having complications it's the perfect everyday bag. :/ could you share your collection :biggrin: I am definitely trying to be smart about what I buy especially if it is valuable and if I could resale down the road.

Have you considered the YSL SDJ? Its the Sac du jour. Looks a bit too much like the Birkin for my taste but I have fondled it in person and its a very luxe bag. If you get the smaller size you'll have the shoulder strap you need. It also has compartments within, which many YSL dolls and boys love.

I'm a little shocked that you thought you'd have color transfer issues with the pandora. I swear by Givenchy leather and have brought a few girlfriend's over to the G side :lol: Have you considered the Antigona? I don't hear about color transfer issues with G bags but of course, its possible. The Ant doesn't have compartments within it though but its affordable luxury and excellent quality IMO. Plus, you can always buy a bag organizer.

Now, you mention the python box. Fabulous bag in any color. I'm partial to the box as I have one. But, keep in mind that it is a small bag as you would only have the option of small or medium if buying directly from Celine. The large is now continued and even that forces me to carry only the essentials. Python is expensive and requires care, so if you don't plan to take care of it, I wouldn't get it. I like this bag because it can be carried by any woman at any age in any outfit and it looks like money :smile:

Alright, I'm going to stop monopolizing your thread and allow other fab Celine-rs to give you their thoughts. Be sure to do a reveal of your nano when you get it and congrats in advance on your next addition.

Good luck!