Metallic Espresso Croc print , snake print or Bark brown fur?

greenshanks

Mar 14, 2011
I am loving all the metallic espresso bags in the Outlets at the moment. I just don't know which one to go for.

Has any one any ideas so I can narrow it down. Which looks better, the Croc Print or the Snake print. Am I right in saying it's not silky snake but a print that won't lift scales as the SS does?

Then there is the bark brown fur print metallic.

I haven't seen them IRL and just don't know which one to go for. They will all be sold before I decide at this rate

It's definitely the brown I want as I have a couple of navy bags already

All advice welcome

Hi Greenshanks,

The three you are debating are all head turners. None are every day bags, though with care all of them are reasonably robust.

Gold metallic snake print Cecily.....

19d982405bd9aff68c01a83c8860b5c3_zps1e0fd44a.jpg

The scales are carved into the leather so there is a possibility of scales lifting.

Lily + chain - espresso sparkle croc printed turtle lock.....

da1b2e8596c924d859e01a4a6ddf286c_zps3eeb9f2c.jpg

Probably the most delicate of the three finishes, the metallic foiling will wear with friction.

Lily + chain bark brown metallic fur print .....

07d09b5affcba2ab7a1905f0da18ae0b_zpsc67d314f.jpg

Probably my favourite of the three, this is a really beautiful bag, it has tiger stripes to the side panels.....

9bf6a1ff6745ce9635139852e37b5825_zpsc96ffab6.jpg

Good luck choosing, they are all really lovely....:tup:

Last edited:
Hi Greenshanks,

The three you are debating are all head turners. None are every day bags, though with care all of them are reasonably robust.

Gold metallic snake print Cecily.....

19d982405bd9aff68c01a83c8860b5c3_zps1e0fd44a.jpg

The scales are carved into the leather so there is a possibility of scales lifting.

Lily + chain - espresso sparkle croc printed turtle lock.....

da1b2e8596c924d859e01a4a6ddf286c_zps3eeb9f2c.jpg

Probably the most delicate of the three finishes, the metallic foiling will wear with friction.

Lily + chain bark brown metallic fur print .....

07d09b5affcba2ab7a1905f0da18ae0b_zpsc67d314f.jpg

Probably my favourite of the three, this is a really beautiful bag.

Good luck choosing, they are all really lovely....:tup:

Thank you so much for sharing. fabulous collection,. Which one to choose, what a dilemma

I love the turtle lock, very different but not sure about the finish if it is more delicate. They look a very different colour, is the Croc one actually lighter even though they are both Espresso? It looks quite a bit darker in the Bicester photo on the Outlet stock thread.

Are the ones you are showing all the small size?

Thank you so much for sharing. fabulous collection,. Which one to choose, what a dilemma

I love the turtle lock, very different but not sure about the finish if it is more delicate. They look a very different colour, is the Croc one actually lighter even though they are both Espresso? It looks quite a bit darker in the Bicester photo on the Outlet stock thread.

Are the ones you are showing all the small size?
Thank you Greenshanks :tup:
The snake print isn't in espresso, it only came in gold metallic. It is very difficult to photograph, it has an iridescent finish. I also have the Del-rey in this, my son always refers to these as "dragonskin" bags. It is darker than the espresso. The espresso has a delicate pale gold foil finish and is very similar to my real alligator skin Lily
The bark brown lily + chain is in the regular lily size the other two are both medium size. :smile:
The pics N2M posted have the gold metallic DR and Cecily directly under a yellow light which is making them look much lighter than they really are, but as I said the iridescence makes the colour difficult to photograph, as you can see on the DR....

0655f1f6541c72bf014e79d58e7c1776_zps45267acd.jpg

;)

Last edited:
The snake print isn't in espresso, it only came in gold metallic. It is very difficult to photograph, it has an iridescent finish. I also have the Del-rey in this, my son always refers to these as "dragonskin" bags. It is darker than the espresso. The espresso has a delicate pale gold foil finish and is very similar to my real alligator skin Lily
The bark brown lily + chain is in the regular lily size the other two are both medium size. :smile:
The pics N2M posted have the gold metallic DR and Cecily directly under a yellow light which is making them look much lighter than they really are, but as I said the iridescence makes the colour difficult to photograph, as you can see on the DR....

;)

Moo when are you going to do a collection thread - I'm dying to see yours

Sorry :backtotopic:

I love the metallic - I think if you don't want an everyday bag you should go with the turtle one as it seems to be the one you like most. Always listen to you're heart :smile:

Moo when are you going to do a collection thread - I'm dying to see yours

Sorry :backtotopic:

I love the metallic - I think if you don't want an everyday bag you should go with the turtle one as it seems to be the one you like most. Always listen to you're heart :smile:

Thanks, my heart says ALL of them, my bank balance says NONE :graucho::graucho:

;)

Thank you so much Mo, did the Croc print & Snake print come in the smaller version?

I don't see any Cecilys on the website now. Did they not make anymore. The chain is so lovely, I prefer it to the normal Lily chain

Thank you so much Mo, did the Croc print & Snake print come in the smaller version?

I don't see any Cecilys on the website now. Did they not make anymore. The chain is so lovely, I prefer it to the normal Lily chain
Hi Greenshanks,

I don't believe they did, these two were both from the catwalk collection. There is the DR in the gold (obviously) and the Bays and DR in the espresso croc print. The names got a bit confusing as this was the Lily/Cecily crossover period, so the larger ones(medium lily size) were called a lily shoulder + chain!
There are no Cecilys in the SS14 collection...I particularly like the Cecily, so am hoping it's just missing a season......

:shrugs:

Hi Greenshanks,

I don't believe they did, these two were both from the catwalk collection. There is the DR in the gold (obviously) and the Bays and DR in the espresso croc print. The names got a bit confusing as this was the Lily/Cecily crossover period, so the larger ones(medium lily size) were called a lily shoulder + chain!
There are no Cecilys in the SS14 collection...I particularly like the Cecily, so am hoping it's just missing a season......

:shrugs:

Hi Mo, thanks again for all your helpful info.

Totally betwixt & between here, originally I thought a big no, no to the navy but is that a smaller one with the turtle lock they have in the display cabinet? Is the navy, croc or snake print? Gosh I am dithering here :lol:

Isn't there a Cloche for the Cecily. I read somewhere it was detachable but I cant see one on any photos

Last edited:
Hi Mo, thanks again for all your helpful info.

Totally betwixt & between here, originally I thought a big no, no to the navy but is that a smaller one with the turtle lock they have in the display cabinet? Is the navy, croc or snake print? Gosh I am dithering here :lol:

Isn't there a Cloche for the Cecily. I read somewhere it was detachable but I cant see one on any photos
Hi Hon,

Yes, look at the price list I posted above N2Ms pic's and you'll see there is a small ink sparkle tortoise lock £770.... It is shown on the first photograph on the second shelf along with a DR in the same. This is the foiled croc print, not the snake.

The cecilys don't have clochettes.

:smile: